Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Should I convert this forum to Xenforo?

  1. #1
    Deal with it DaiTengu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Appleton, Wisconsin, United States
    Posts
    3,158
    Credits
    2,285,581
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

    Mystery Should I convert this forum to Xenforo?

    I've been thinking about doing it for years, and ever since TGO Posted on Reddit, there's been a bit more activity here.

    Should I drop the $160 and $55 a year on a Xenforo license? Or just keep chugging along with old vbulletin until some giant security hole is found and someone gets access to the database and deletes all our funny, sexy, unique posts?

  2. Likes MrTroy liked this post
  3. #2
    Strangle Hazard thank mr skeltal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    The Abyss
    Posts
    5,307
    Credits
    7,213
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    don't change a thing sweetheart

  4. #3
    eh hedgerow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,670
    Credits
    964
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    I mean it largely depends how you feel about taxidermy.

  5. #4
    McTroy MrTroy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    THE BEEF
    Posts
    2,990
    Credits
    808
    Trophies
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    I have a feeling that this little spike will taper off into the "usual levels" (i.e, me shitposting every few weeks), so it would probably be a waste of $160.

    Let's face it, we aren't getting new members. I am convinced that Archie King is an alt for somebody, otherwise that is a new member? Maybe if we can get the ball rolling with some decent activity from the corpses that left maybe? I think it depends on your goal. If its to get the oldfags back in play its probably better for the forum to look as old as possible. If you are trying to attract new blood, then yes, something that doesn't look like 2003 would be better suited.

    Maybe if we charge :20bux: instead of :10bux:?
    Last edited by MrTroy; 05-04-2021 at 10:35 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DickStivers View Post
    I hope I haven't missed my chance to join MrTroy 4 Life
    Quote Originally Posted by DaiTengu View Post
    mrtroy is a whore
    Quote Originally Posted by benzss View Post
    when mrtroy makes a valid point about your posting, you should probably kill yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by djwolford View Post
    This site was always meant to end with a gay gangbang. It's destiny.
    Quote Originally Posted by ozzy View Post
    I don't consider myself a racist, but I fucking hate niggers.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTroy View Post
    Gwahir and I have this little ongoing tiff. He seems to have that with a number of people who think he is a pretentious faggot.
    Quote Originally Posted by hydro View Post
    I'd rather fuck a child

  6. #5
    McTroy MrTroy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    THE BEEF
    Posts
    2,990
    Credits
    808
    Trophies
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrTroy View Post
    I have a feeling that this little spike will taper off into the "usual levels" (i.e, me shitposting every few weeks), so it would probably be a waste of $160.
    /thread
    Quote Originally Posted by DickStivers View Post
    I hope I haven't missed my chance to join MrTroy 4 Life
    Quote Originally Posted by DaiTengu View Post
    mrtroy is a whore
    Quote Originally Posted by benzss View Post
    when mrtroy makes a valid point about your posting, you should probably kill yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by djwolford View Post
    This site was always meant to end with a gay gangbang. It's destiny.
    Quote Originally Posted by ozzy View Post
    I don't consider myself a racist, but I fucking hate niggers.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTroy View Post
    Gwahir and I have this little ongoing tiff. He seems to have that with a number of people who think he is a pretentious faggot.
    Quote Originally Posted by hydro View Post
    I'd rather fuck a child

  7. #6
    Senior Member Nermy2k's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    5,571
    Credits
    3,821
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hedgerow View Post
    I mean it largely depends how you feel about taxidermy.
    hey hydro
    Quote Originally Posted by Nermy2k View Post
    atmosfear did you suck gina's dick
    Quote Originally Posted by atmosfear View Post
    fuck yes.

  8. #7
    Senior Member ShitFace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    5,025
    Credits
    3,258
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    no.
    i've heard bad things about xenforo.

    also if it's not broke don't fix it. until that security hole is found, no reason to change.
    Andy says:
    prince of persia is more skill than hack and slash
    ShitFace says:
    i dont think skill is a genre of game lol
    Andy says:
    of course it is you have seen the crystal maze havnt you?
    he says what next a skill physical mental?


    Blind people don't see black, they see the same thing you see out of your elbow - VengfulScars

  9. #8
    Deal with it DaiTengu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Appleton, Wisconsin, United States
    Posts
    3,158
    Credits
    2,285,581
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShitFace View Post
    no.
    i've heard bad things about xenforo.
    Still not nearly as bad as vbulletin.

  10. #9
    Senior Member ShitFace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    5,025
    Credits
    3,258
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DaiTengu View Post
    Still not nearly as bad as vbulletin.
    but we're used to vbulletin and it works and is ghetto and cool
    Andy says:
    prince of persia is more skill than hack and slash
    ShitFace says:
    i dont think skill is a genre of game lol
    Andy says:
    of course it is you have seen the crystal maze havnt you?
    he says what next a skill physical mental?


    Blind people don't see black, they see the same thing you see out of your elbow - VengfulScars

  11. #10
    Canned Kal El's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Wonderland
    Posts
    2,936
    Credits
    37
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    I'm high and thought about visiting here on a random whim.

    Somehow, I remembered my username and password. And magically, it still worked.
    Quote Originally Posted by KT_ View Post
    Yes.

    Yesterday I was playing the Mirror's Edge demo while a dude was eating me out. Mirror's Edge is fucking awesome. I'm excited.
    Quote Originally Posted by victrola View Post
    he may be a faggot but in this case he is correct

  12. Likes MrTroy liked this post
  13. #11
    Deal with it DaiTengu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Appleton, Wisconsin, United States
    Posts
    3,158
    Credits
    2,285,581
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal El View Post
    I'm high and thought about visiting here on a random whim.

    Somehow, I remembered my username and password. And magically, it still worked.
    Oh hey, I didn't notice you were gone.

  14. #12
    Canned Kal El's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Wonderland
    Posts
    2,936
    Credits
    37
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DaiTengu View Post
    Oh hey, I didn't notice you were gone.
    I don't really exist
    Quote Originally Posted by KT_ View Post
    Yes.

    Yesterday I was playing the Mirror's Edge demo while a dude was eating me out. Mirror's Edge is fucking awesome. I'm excited.
    Quote Originally Posted by victrola View Post
    he may be a faggot but in this case he is correct

Similar Threads

  1. What is this forum?
    By DaiTengu in forum S-Mart
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 10-11-2009, 04:51 PM
  2. Art forum..?
    By Woofness in forum Suggestions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-20-2008, 09:06 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •