Thread: New tv. Questions about programing.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default New tv. Questions about programing.

We bought a new RCA 28 inch several years ago and just after we got it home the new flat screens started coming out. We moved to a new place and still had the old RCA but I wanted something just a little bigger, the place was bigger. (I also must tell you that I was a cable man for a few years and would often laugh at people who had TV's too big for the room they were in. Some barely able to move around the room and have a 60 inch TV.) (Note that I didn't laugh in their face, just hooked them up and told them the usual "no I can't give you free HBO." walked out and chuckled.) Well this went on since 2006 and we finally decided that a new TV was in order. I had originally figured that a 32 was good enough but forgot that measurement (evernote doesn't do any good if you don't put it in there.) We got a 42 LG instead and I'm happy about that. A little bigger than I had wanted but it fits better.

Well this is the first HD tv that I have owned and we currently are subscribed with Directv. Our contract is up in November. Should I get HD service with them now or wait until November and change to Dish network? In your opinion which one has better programing for HD? Do they have DVR with HD receivers?

BlueRay... Is it worth it? Does it look that much better? There is an LG for a hundred bucks that would look nice on the TV stand and the movies aren't as high as I thought they would be. Since it plays DVD's we could put it to good use right away.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'd say bluray does look that much better yeah, it is a significant upgrade in quality.
    If you can afford it, go for it.

as long as your tv is hd
    Andy says:
    prince of persia is more skill than hack and slash
    ShitFace says:
    i dont think skill is a genre of game lol
    Andy says:
    of course it is you have seen the crystal maze havnt you?
    he says what next a skill physical mental?

Blind people don't see black, they see the same thing you see out of your elbow - VengfulScars

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

We are supposed to be going to bestbuy today to get a blueray player.