Thread: Warhammer 40k anyone?

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Warhammer 40k anyone?

I know I can't possibly be the only Warhammer 40k nerd in here! So who else here plays? I have a Necron army.

35 Necron Warriors: two squads of 12x, one squad of 11
    10 Immortals: two squads of 5
    7 Scarab Swarms: all of which have disruption fields
    1 Necron Lord: Wargear is: Resurrection Orb, Phylactery, Gaze of Flame, Phase Shifter
    1 C'Tan Deceiver

Soon to be added...

24 more Necron Warriors
    Necron Monolith

So what armies do you guys play?

Merry fucking Christmas Atmosfear's Avatar
    Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I had a Dark Angels army for 2e that I played maybe once in 3e. It wasn't really based on any strategy so much as it was based on the models I could afford/wanted to paint when I was 12.

I had a Land Raider, a Rhino/Razorback, various marines, one of the D.A. heroes, a Chaplain on a bike and a bike squad... I don't really remember it was pretty half-assed on my part.

I would love to play again but unfortunately the people who play 40k turn me off of the game, and there isn't any online alternative available.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, I have been in the hobby for about 2 months, We have a local Games Workshop corporate store around here, there are quite a few cool people there, occasionally you get the little kid who is a total douchebag and argues on EVERY rule, even though you can smack them with the Hardcover 5th edition rulebook (300+ pages), and they will still debate. Or you also have those little fetchers who will try to steal your models, and sometimes succeed, I usually go up to the parents of the kids on that one, always fun to see them get yanked out of there by their ear to not be seen again.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, I remember playing WH40k years ago. I had a fairly extensive Uthwe (sp?) Eldar army.