Thread: My cousin is making disturbing imagery on LittleBigPlanet. Concerned.

can't post; too scared Anonymous's Avatar
    Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default My cousin is making disturbing imagery on LittleBigPlanet. Concerned.

http://oi44.tinypic.com/2qxz6nt.jpg

Normally something like this would be pretty harmless. But my 6 year old cousin created this rather disturbing (IMO) scene. I'm incredibly worried because from what I've seen, ever since playing video games he's become increasingly more violent (due to his parents letting him play God of War), so it could just be a harmless recreation of a scene he saw ingame. I'm really debating whether to take this up with his parents, because normal 6 year olds don't create things like this. Should I confront his parents about it?

Credits
    Trophies
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You should gather a few of your least favorite people, bind them, and see what he does.

And then talk to his parents
    lik dis if u cry evertim
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. E View Post
    yes
    Quote Originally Posted by KT. View Post
    Oh I was expecting a guide to making meth

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That is kind of awesome. He sounds like a badass.

But on a more serious note, that actually is a little concerning for a six year old. If the parents can be trusted not to lose their shit, you should let them know that they might need to have a talk with their son about violence. Like "violence in movies and videogames is cool and entertaining, but it isn't real. If you did that to a person or an animal, they would die, which means that they would no longer be able to move or do anything ever again." The kid needs some perspective on what violence actually means, and particularly what the consequences of the violence would be.

He's just a little kid, he doesn't know better, but it's probably time to have a little talk about violence.

Strangle Hazard thank mr skeltal's Avatar
    Credits
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

6 year olds are still very very very much in their mental development stages, it could be a stab (no pun intended) at "art", could be he is a psychopath in training. Is the kid normal otherwise? Are the parents normal? Maybe bring it up with them, or if they have issues too bring it up to a school counselor.

A very manly muppet Mad Pino Rage's Avatar
    Credits
    Trophies
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You probably should talk to the parents because that is a demented child or he just doesn't understand what he is seeing. Srsly wtf
    Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.
    Albert Einstein

Credits
    Trophies
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

is this the cousin you're talking about?
    lik dis if u cry evertim
    yes

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Have a talk with his parents, and just to be safe don't fall asleep around him.

cowabunga
    Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

But on a more serious note, that actually is a little concerning for a six year old. If the parents can be trusted not to lose their shit, you should let them know that they might need to have a talk with their son about violence. Like "violence in movies and videogames is cool and entertaining, but it isn't real. If you did that to a person or an animal, they would die, which means that they would no longer be able to move or do anything ever again." The kid needs some perspective on what violence actually means, and particularly what the consequences of the violence would be.

He's just a little kid, he doesn't know better, but it's probably time to have a little talk about violence.
    I got my allowance but I spent it all on ice cream

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by faesce View Post

Funny, that post looks familiar. Almost like I wrote it and then you copied it word for word.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

First off a 6 year old did not make that. Second if it did then you should put it in art school so it could learn what art is and maybe it would create some good art. Thirdly you should probably stay out of your cousins business.

Merry fucking Christmas Atmosfear's Avatar
    Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

And he wouldve gotten away with it if it wasn't for those meddling kids!

Credits
    Trophies
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'd talk to his parents and suggest games more suited to his age, but only because of the educational benefit of them. Its ok for adults to play games like God of War for escapism, but what has a 6 year olg got to escape from?

If his parents dont want to help him learn then they're bringing his bad behaviour on themselves and not giving him the support he needs
    YO HO YO HO

ceci n'est pas une signature

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I would be disturbed too, but personally I don't know how much violent imagery really means coming from a child. Has there been a connection found between violent imagery from very young children and actual violence later in life? I mean, yes, for older children, adolescents, and adults: with other evidence and depending on the context, depicting or describing violence without relevant context could suggest that there are violent tendencies. But for really young children? I dunno...

I mean, isn't it "normal" for children to draw drawings of battlefield scenes? Don't they play with actions figures and toy soldiers and pretend that they are killing each other? Don't children sometimes draw dead people with x's for eyes? Don't they sometimes have blood in their drawings?

Consider: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/magazine/8045929.stm

I sort of tend to agree that we sanitize too much of the crap to which we allow our kids to be exposed.

So I don't know. It's your call anyway.
    Last edited by sycld; 12-21-2011 at 10:58 PM.

PANDAS
    If you don't like them, then get the fuck out.

Quote Originally Posted by Think View Post
    Atheists are quite right

Credits
    Trophies
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Talking about a person as an inanimate object. It.
    lik dis if u cry evertim
    yes