Credits
    Trophies
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Cool The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo NSFW

OFFICIAL SITE
    http://www.dragontattoo.com/site/

PLOT+CAST
    Journalist Mikael Blomkvist is aided in his search for a woman who has been missing for forty years by Lisbeth Salander, a young computer hacker.

• Daniel Craig as Mikael Blomkvist
    • Rooney Mara as Lisbeth Salander
    • Christopher Plummer as Henrik Vanger
    • Stellan Skarsgård as Martin Vanger
    • Robin Wright as Erika Berger
    • Steven Berkoff as Dirch Frode
    • Yorick van Wageningen as Nils Bjurman
    • Joely Richardson as Anita Vanger
    • Goran Višnjić as Dragan Armansky
    • Embeth Davidtz as Annika Giannini
    • Elodie Yung as Miriam Wu
    • Julian Sands as young Henrik Vanger

TRAILER

REVIEWS+LINKS
    IMDB
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1568346/
    Rotten Tomatoes
    http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_...dragon_tattoo/
    Metacritic
    http://www.metacritic.com/movie/the-...on-tattoo-2011
    Wikipedia Article
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Gir...282011_film%29

The 2009 Swedish Version Wikipedia Article
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Gir...282009_film%29
    Niels Arden Oplev, the director of the 2009 Swedish film adaptation, has been quoted as saying, "Why would they remake something when they can just go see the original?"

Author Steig Larsson wiki article
    Stieg Larsson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    "When Larsson was 15 years old, he witnessed the gang rape of a girl, which led to his lifelong abhorrence of violence and abuse against women. The author never forgave himself for failing to help the girl, which inspired the themes of sexual violence against women in his books"

Millenium series - The actual title of the trilogy
    Millennium series - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Larsson wrote about three-quarters of a fourth novel before his sudden death in November 2004. His partner, Eva Gabrielsson, is in possession of the notebook computer with the manuscript but does not own the rights to Larsson's work. This is because Larsson, in an attempt to protect Gabrielsson from the people he was investigating in real life (Swedish Neo-Nazis and racists), never married and wrote his will without any witness (thus making it invalid according to Swedish law). Thus, at his death, it is his family that ended with the succession. Outlines or manuscripts for one or two more books may exist.

Steig Larsson, My Friend by Kurdo Baksi
    Amazon.com: Stieg Larsson, My Friend (9780857050212): Kurdo Baksi: Books
    Five years after his death, Stieg Larsson is best known as the author of the Millennium Trilogy, but during his career as a journalist he was a crucial protagonist in the battle against racism and for democracy in Sweden, and one of the founders of the anti-facist magazine Expo. Kurdo Baksi first met Larsson in 1992; it was the beginning of an intense friendship, and a fruitful but challenging working relationship. In this candid and rounded memoir, Baksi answers the questions a multitude of Larsson's fans have already asked, about his upbringing; the recurring death threats; his insomnia and his vices; his feminism - so evident in his books - and his dogmatism. What was he like as a colleague? Who provided the inspiration for his now-immortal characters (Baksi is one of the few who appears in the trilogy as himself)? Who was Lisbeth Salander?

Official Soundtrack by Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross
    http://www.nullco.com/GDT/usd.php

Hi-res wallpapers here
    http://mouth-taped-shut.com/
    SAMPLE

-----
    I think it was over a year ago I saw the book briefly mentioned in some obscure article or web post. What was interesting was that the title stuck with me and I had come across the book at the now defunct Borders store. Not knowing what I was getting into I sat down and began to read. It was one of those nights I stayed up way too late and barely caught any sleep before work. The second and third book, The Girl Who Played with Fire and The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest, also interfered with my sleep. I had grown extremely fond for the books, the characters Lisbeth and Mikael, the suspense built throughout the narrative causing me to turn and read one more page one more chapter, and thrill of it all coming together, and finally after all three books were done, the somber satisfaction of completing a well written series.

It has been a long time since I've put the books down, but I was excited to see that this had been released in theatres. The film is fast and furious. The movie, like the book, is moved so much by its engaging and enigmatic characters, the cool and collective Mikael, and the socially inept but powerful Lisbeth. I really admire and am inspired by much of what those two do in the story. The movie does a great job of not twisting or crippling either character or the plot especially when condensing such a thick book into 2+ hours. I don't know if the movie is something for everyone, but I highly suggest giving it a shot if you don't mind skipping some great books (READ THEM THEY ARE AWESOME).
    Last edited by Mad Pino Rage; 12-28-2011 at 07:53 PM.
    Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.
    Albert Einstein

Credits
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I was thinking about reading these. I probably will after reading what you had to say, once I get through a few other things I'm reading at the moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by gina View Post
    i can't tell if we're in the throes of a troll toll (to get into the boy's soul) or if there's just one more big floppy douchebag pussywhipped idiot walkin around out there

Merry fucking Christmas Atmosfear's Avatar
    Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I've heard the Swedish film version is better.

And I thought the books are a little overrated but I'm still reading them, since there's not a lot of decent new fiction out there.

Credits
    Trophies
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I read the first two books, will probably pick up the last sometime after I read all this shit I got myself for Christmas, started to watch the Swedish version on Netflix, then figured I'd have seen it around Christmas.

I got stoned and wanted to watch a comedy instead.

I watched The Sitter. I will never get that time back
    lik dis if u cry evertim
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. E View Post
    yes
    Quote Originally Posted by KT. View Post
    Oh I was expecting a guide to making meth

A very manly muppet Mad Pino Rage's Avatar
    Credits
    Trophies
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Atmoscheer View Post
    I've heard the Swedish film version is better.

And I thought the books are a little overrated but I'm still reading them, since there's not a lot of decent new fiction out there.
    I really can't say which is better. I really like these books so much that I really like both versions of the movies. I could only put the American version over the Swedish because I'm a fat lazy American who doesn't want to read subtitles, and Rooney Mara is hot. Also this version is more visually visceral when showing the more graphic moments throughout the story.
    Albert Einstein

A very manly muppet Mad Pino Rage's Avatar
    Credits
    Trophies
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Cool

An update on the impending sequels.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Girl-...ear-28708.html

We basically assumed Sony would move ahead with an adaptation of Stieg Larsson’s The Girl Who Played With Fire, book two in the three-part Millennium series, at some point. Hints and rumors have surfaced here and there, though David Fincher was hesitant to commit to anything during a recent press day on behalf of The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, even though stars Daniel Craig and Rooney Mara certainly are under contract.

Well, the actors might want to get their passports out, as it appears they’ll be heading back to Sweden soon enough. Deadline now says that the studio will be moving forward on parts two and three of Larsson’s trilogy, with Tattoo screenwriter Steve Zaillian tacking adaptation duties. And that makes sense. While Tattoo can be viewed as a standalone story, there’s really no reason to start down this path of American versions of the popular stories if you aren’t going to finish the series. And while Deadline points out that the $106 million global gross is less than what the studio likely anticipated, Sony still expects to perform well in as-yet-unopened markets and justify the making of the last two films.

But will Fincher return? Deadline says that Sony would like to start filming at the end of 2012, but Fincher has not agreed to anything yet. And in the press conference we attended in New York City, Fincher said he’d likely shoot parts two and three back to back, as they essentially tell one long story that happens to be broken in half.

Yet if Sony’s looking to keep costs down on the sequels in hopes of maximizing its profits, I could see them overlooking the brilliant Fincher for an alternate (read: cheaper) filmmaker. That would be tragic. At the same time, I’m also interested in seeing what innovative projects Fincher might move on to instead, because we’ve already seen Larsson’s Played with Fire and The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet’s Nest, and I’m not sure we need Fincher’s attention to detail to make these films work.
    I would be disappointed if David Fincher didn't direct, but as a fan of the series I would still go and watch the sequels. If he bows out, then I would feel I'd get a similarly enjoyable experience if it were directed by Paul Thomas Anderson.

David Fincher - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    David Andrew Leo Fincher (born August 28, 1962) is an American film and music video director. Known for his dark and stylish thrillers, such as Seven (1995), The Game (1997), Fight Club (1999), Panic Room (2002), and Zodiac (2007), Fincher received Academy Award nominations for Best Director for his 2008 film The Curious Case of Benjamin Button and his 2010 film The Social Network, which also won him the Golden Globe and the BAFTA for Best Director. His most recent film is 2011's The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, an English-language adaptation of Stieg Larsson's novel of the same name.

Paul Thomas Anderson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Paul Thomas Anderson (born June 26, 1970) is an American film director, screenwriter, and producer. He has written and directed five feature films: Hard Eight (1996), Boogie Nights (1997), Magnolia (1999), Punch-Drunk Love (2002) and There Will Be Blood (2007). He has been nominated for five Academy Awards — There Will Be Blood for Best Achievement in Directing, Best Motion Picture of the Year, and Best Adapted Screenplay; Magnolia for Best Original Screenplay; and Boogie Nights for Best Original Screenplay.
    Albert Einstein