Thread: What's up with this relationship?

can't post; too scared Anonymous's Avatar
    Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default What's up with this relationship?

I've been getting with my friend, who I guess would consider my best friend (even though we are really different as people, like she's super religious, I'm not, she doesn't drink/do drugs, I do, etc.) because I talk to her every night, for over a good six months now. She's in college, I'm in college, and we're really far away from each other (about 12 hours). She came back home for a couple days a week or two ago, so I came home to see her because I haven't see for about two months. It was a little weird at first, and I didn't really know how to act around her since we've both changed a little bit since summer ended; but by the end of the night, we hooked up.

Now, we've never done anything past making out, so it isn't serious as far as the sexual aspect of the relationship, but we go out to dinner, watch movies, do nothing together, cuddle, talk on the phone for over an hour which I hate doing, things that couples do; and even after all this time, she still reacts the same way and I'm waiting for the day when we'll just be friends. I'm not gonna lie, I don't want that to happen just yet because, yeah, I do like her more than just a friend, but we've never labeled ourselves as a couple, referred to each other as a boyfriend/girlfriend; so it is confusing. Also if I get with somebody else, am I obligated to tell? And I sometimes wonder if she's seeing other guys (she's a virgin), but I sound like her boyfriend right now.

I'm just looking for other opinions about my relationship since I'm (and have been ever since this started) don't know what to really make of it.

I loves sausage festival! djwolford's Avatar
    Credits
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Well, nothing is wrong with it imo. The best relationship I ever had was built off of a good friendship.

If you want to be more/less serious talking about it is usually a good game plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Toki
    Oh, gives to me opposites werewolves that turns to humans whens the moons comes outs!
    Quote Originally Posted by Toki
    We's not goes downs that dusty roads again!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickles
    Toki is that straight vadka? It's not even noon...

BANNED
    Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Nothing is wrong with the relationship except the fact that your not expressing your feelings openly and honestly.. Communication is the basis of any healthy relationship.

can't post; too scared Anonymous's Avatar
    Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well I know nothing is wrong with the relationship, but I guess communication is key.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This is exactly why I'll never do a "friends with benefits" type relationship. Which part is the friends, and which is the benefits? And what is it OK for you to do or not do? Too hard to figure out, too easy to do something you THOUGHT was OK and lose a good friend and/or potential significant other in the mix.

Sit down and talk about it and try to do whatever works for the both of you right now.

Merry fucking Christmas Atmosfear's Avatar
    Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Time for a DTR