Thread: My friend is losing his grip on reality

can't post; too scared Anonymous's Avatar
    Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default My friend is losing his grip on reality

I have a friend who has been dating this girl for about 3 months now. Apparently they are head over heels in love with eachother. About four years ago they had a middle school relationship that didnt go anywhere and ended up with them not even talking to eachother (go figure). Well recently they decided to date and apparently have loved eachother since they broke up in middle school. The story already sounds ridiculous I know. Well it gets even better.

My friend is devoting his whole life to this girl. He skips college classes just to be with her, when she is at work he constantly goes to see her even if she gets off at 5am. He pays for EVERYTHING. My friend does not have a job but must have spent 400 dollars on her in the past 2 weeks. She has a job but really doesnt pay for anything. Even her own shit. This Christmas they would have been together for about 6 months and he is planning to spend 1200 dollars on her. PLUS he plans on moving in with her after this school year. Did I mention they go to different colleges but he is going to pay to go to the same classes with her? Oh Im not dont yet. THE CREDITS WONT TRANSFER TO HIS COLLEGE. Thousands of dollars will be wasted just for him to sit in class with her.

She treats him sort of poorly. Their relationship is not healthy whatsoever. When they argue he is not allowed to speak. She will literally put her hand over his mouth and not let him speak. When he says something so simple as "can you speak up?" she will get upset at him and hang up the phone. They argue over stuff all the time. His relationship with his family is going down the shitter. All of his time is concentrated on her and nothing else. I dont think he is even focusing in college which is sad.

I dont know what to say to him. Apparently he is head over heels for this girl in love. I have talked to him about his relationship not being healthy, but in reality all I want to do is scream "YOU ARE A FUCKING IDIOT" right to his face. I cannot do that though since I am his good friend. I guess this is more of a rant than anything.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Tell him to stop being a bitch, and this is me being serious, he seems pathetic. If I were you, I would tell him straight up, in person, what is wrong with this whole entire situation and that he needs to either break up with her (which won't happen) or realize that he's being walked all over on.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

He'll get over it. I'm pretty sure everybody has had a friend like that at one point.

He isn't spending your money or wasting your time so just wait for them to break up and you will have your friend back...

Credits
    Trophies
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Some people are just fucking morons. I can name a good number of people off the top of my head that'd probably do the same.

My policy on people like this is tell them they're fucking stupid, and if they react how most people would, lose 'em.
    lik dis if u cry evertim
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. E View Post
    yes
    Quote Originally Posted by KT. View Post
    Oh I was expecting a guide to making meth

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

They will probably break up in the next year and then you will have your depressed friend to deal with. That's the part that will really suck.

BANNED
    Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

He sounds p-whipped to me. He needs a night out with the boys.. Maybe you and some friends can get together and plan a friendly intervention on his behalf and voice your heartfelt concerns for him. If you're able to open his eyes he will thank you for it in the long run.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You have 3 options:

1. Try to talk to him, which probably will not work. Obviously he is not thinking rationally.
    2. Accept this is going on and continue to be friends with him despite of it.
    3. Refuse to accept this is going on and end your friendship with him.

Those are really the only 3 possible outcomes.

Credits
    Trophies
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Punch him in the nuts really hard and shout "YOU HAVE A PAIR FOR A REASON!!"

Or, punch the girl in the tits. It won't help anything but you'll feel slightly better.

Or, of course, rationally explain the situation to him, tell him he's losing those around him who are important to him and make him at the very least come to sort of compromise with his actions.