Thread: My new girlfriend...

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default My new girlfriend...

Emphasis on the friend part. Anyways, about a week and a half ago my great, great friend for a year told me she liked me. I didn't know how to react, I just didn't see it coming. She denies it but she has a great ability of hiding her feelings. I wouldnt have suspected it; she never looked at me a certain way, never flirted with me, or even treated me differently than any other guy friend. Keep in mind, we're both 15/16 so we can't communicate feelings as well as some of you older guys. I basically avoided her for five days while I thought things through, this annoyed her and I realzie it was stupid of me. I did like her a long tiem ago but the feeling wasnt reciprocated so I dropped it but this kind of rekindled my feelings for her. I told her many times i wanted to be with her but we should get used to the idea first. I've asked her friends about her true feelings and apparently she was hesitant because sh ebelieved i didn't like her. However, I asked her if she was interested and still had feelings for me and she said yes and now we're going out. Even then, it felt awkward. She didn't say yes and leap into my arms as i'd hoped, she knid of said "um sure". What complicates this even more is that she has a guy friend who has feelings for her. I am almost positive shed go for this guy if theyd knkown each other for longer than just this new school year. How do i deal with this? A guy getting too close to the girl im dating but she said she doesnt have feelings for him yet it seems shes much more comfortable around him than with me. I'm having a hard time reading her feelings and talks havent helped much. is it worth risking our friendship over> sorry for the poor grammar and stuff, but my head is kind of in the clouds becasue of this.

EDIT: other important details: she told me she only realized she liked me after one of her friends tried to drag me to homecoming. i was suspicious of this at frist but even after i treated her like a dick for a week she still had feelings for me so i just took it as she needed something to happen for her to realize her true feelings for me. she told me herself she doesnt regret telling me that she liked me but things have definitely been different between us. For one, we no longer have the fun, spontaneous convos that defined our friendship. Im starting to think that its better to leave this alone then destroy our friendship.
    Last edited by Gibson LP; 11-03-2008 at 07:51 PM.

Credits
    Trophies
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

First of all learn about paragraphs. No chick should have to date a guy who types like this. It gave me a headache.

Secondly, try doing 'coupley' things while still as friends and see if it leads somewhere and see if you're comfortable with it. Go see a chilled out movie, go for a meal, art gallery, take a shower together etc. See if it progresses to more than just friends, or if you're just 'naturally' friends with this girl.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well do you guys like make out or anything because that's pretty important, otherwise yeah, you two might as well stick to being friends.

God of Insignificance
    Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

From past experience, don't base your relationship on a feeling that they might like someone else. If they're with you, they're with you and not that other person for a reason, so don't hold back waiting for her to suddenly like the other guy. If you do that, she may end up liking him because you're pulling back and not opening up to her, you have to put yourself out there and take the chance of getting hurt.

Also, if you're friends, as long as you don't do something completely assholeish, you'll probably still be friends after the break up. I'm still friends with my ex's, it just took 6 months to a year to form that friendship again.