Thread: New parts...

FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU Anonymous D's Avatar
    Credits
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default New parts...

Man I cant wait to get all this stuff on my car. Heres a list of everything I got.

Mach 1 (Basically unpainted Cobra brakes) Brake kit with SS brake lines and 13" rotors
    KYB Adjustable struts.
    New Cobra A-arms with new balljoints and bushings.
    New sway bar end links and bushings
    New spring isolators.

The total of all the parts was around $950 shipped. The brakes make up about half of this. I wish I would have bought them a year ago when they were like $150 cheaper.

And you know you like the LSU/Vikings blanket. (My HS was the Vikings. Not the NFL team) My grandmother made me that shit. And its warm as fuck.

Ill probalby have to get a few more parts like new tie rod ends and stuff.

I loves sausage festival! djwolford's Avatar
    Credits
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Those are some impressive stoppers sir.

What all have you done with your car so far?
    Quote Originally Posted by Toki
    Oh, gives to me opposites werewolves that turns to humans whens the moons comes outs!
    Quote Originally Posted by Toki
    We's not goes downs that dusty roads again!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickles
    Toki is that straight vadka? It's not even noon...

Credits
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by djwolford View Post
    Those are some impressive stoppers sir.

What all have you done with your car so far?
    New gears, new exhaust, deep dish wheels with drag radials out back, new roller rockers, and just a bunch of random shit I upgrade when I need to replace it.

Hopefully I can find a used Kenne Bell with next semesters financial aid check.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

why not start with a cam and spray?

Go balls out NA before a power adder- those are the badass sweet sounding engines.

Edit: Actually scratch that; go big. Get a 70s continental engine block and start building. 7.6L of displacement is bad ass and fits in your car no prob.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Good Q Tekk...

Why not start small before throwing on a blower and beating the car? I know you'll want to get 100 passes in at the track and be throwing all kinds of pulleys on the thing.

PS Nice pile of parts!

Credits
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Im just getting tired of spending a little money here, and a little money there, and then not having much more power, and realizing I could have almost bought my supercharger with the total of all that shit.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think you're rushing yourself a bit. You're doing it right upgrading everything. I think by adding a mild cam and ported and polished heads you'll be happy for awhile.

In the meantime why not buy a cheap 5.0 block and start building it up? Forged internals and everything you need to make it ready for a blower. Then you can turn up the boost, and not worry about grenading your bottom end.

You start pumping 150+ more hp through that thing and you need to worry about everything... like how well your tranny will hold up, if your 8.8" will hold up to 3000+ rpm launches, bigger injectors and a new fuel pump, plus an fpr, etc etc.

The list continues to grow. I just know you will thrash on that car as it sits now with a blower bolted on, because I would.

Credits
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I plan on getting EVERYTHING before I put it on. So its not like Ill have just the S/C then add some bigger injectors later, but yea.

Ive always wanted to build another shortblock, but honestly, I dont have the time with school and work. Oce I finish school, then Ill have time to do stuff like that, and the money too.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well it'll be an excellent learning experience either way you do it.

I'd just skip the baby step and go big to save money in the long run, but thats me.

Credits
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tekk View Post
    Well it'll be an excellent learning experience either way you do it.

I'd just skip the baby step and go big to save money in the long run, but thats me.
    lol How is a twin screw supercharger with the right injectors, MAF fuel pump, and the proper tune baby steps?

From every Stang Ive seen on stangnet, you will get about the same power from a good H/C/I VS. a S/Cer.

And I plan on having a new, bigger motor AND a Supercharger when Im done with my car. So Ill have both in the end.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous d View Post
    lol How is a twin screw supercharger with the right injectors, MAF fuel pump, and the proper tune baby steps?

From every Stang Ive seen on stangnet, you will get about the same power from a good H/C/I VS. a S/Cer.

And I plan on having a new, bigger motor AND a Supercharger when Im done with my car. So Ill have both in the end.
    You'll get the same Max power/torque, but the power curve will be peaky depending on you're tune, where NA motors have a flatter curve. Of course the kenne bell lessons this extent, but it still exists. And its only comparable to a h/c/i 5.0, which isn't what I'm saying to do.

I'd leave the 5.0 and just build a forged big piece(7L+) and throw the S/C on that in the long run, but thats me. A kenne bell on a 5.0 running 8 lbs of boost will get you what; 360 RWHP? If thats your goal, cool. It'll be fun. The T5 & co. should be able to handle that without modification on street tires. Drags, you might have an issue with your rear end.

All the best built engines are built NA first, power adder second. A stock 5.0 engine has possibilities, but I'd leave it while I build something bigger. Thats the way I've been taught (I learned it the hard way after running 16 lbs and putting the rod through my 350 block on my old 72 vette.)

Credits
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yea, I only plan on running 8 lbs, but Ive seen many a sotck 5.0 with S/Cers. One in particular, that had a Kenne Bell. He was pushing 400 to the wheels and around 430 tq. And Ill of course have to get rid of teh drag radials to save my tranny.

Credits
    Trophies
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I like the football thing
    Quote Originally Posted by DickStivers View Post
    I hope I haven't missed my chance to join MrTroy 4 Life
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. E View Post
    I blame Obama. That nigger.
    Quote Originally Posted by benzss View Post
    when mrtroy makes a valid point about your posting, you should probably kill yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by djwolford View Post
    This site was always meant to end with a gay gangbang. It's destiny.
    Quote Originally Posted by ozzy View Post
    I don't consider myself a racist, but I fucking hate niggers.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTroy View Post
    Gwahir and I have this little ongoing tiff. He seems to have that with a number of people who think he is a pretentious faggot.
    Quote Originally Posted by hydro View Post
    I'd rather fuck a child

Credits
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MrTroy View Post
    I like the football thing
    Yea I know its pimp right.