Thread: Hey Activision/Red Octane - your warranty policy sucks

Strangle Hazard thank mr skeltal's Avatar
    Credits
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default Hey Activision/Red Octane - your warranty policy sucks

I bought Guitar Hero: World Tour from Best Buy on 10/26. The guitar was fine at first but now only properly registers up-strums and only occasionally registers a down strum. Looks like I'm going to be taking it back to Best Buy and exchanging it for a whole new kit which kind of sucks for both me and Best Buy, because Red Octane's warranty site explains that _I_ am responsible to pay for shipping on their defective product to get it to them, and I need to wait 2-3 weeks for a returned working product. That isn't going to fly. What the good companies do is SEND you a working unit, with a pre-paid return label. Even barring that, the guitar and drum problems are known issues and widespread, they should have a special site set up to deal with this shit

</rant>

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thank you for calling the Acitivision/Red Octane whiney little bitch line.

Your call is very important to us.

Please stay on the line with your thumb up your butt and a representative won't be with you shortly.
    Last edited by sycld; 11-08-2008 at 06:50 PM.

PANDAS
    If you don't like them, then get the fuck out.

Quote Originally Posted by Think View Post
    Atheists are quite right

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Nintendo's customer service is just the opposite. When I called them the other day about a malfunctioning Wiimote, they took me step by step to try to fix it. When nothing worked, the guy asked me how long I've had it.

"Uh, let's see, I got it around four or five months ago."

"Err...let's just say you've had it for three so you're still under warrenty," he responded.

Within two days they sent me a new Wiimote and had me send the old one back. Thanks Nintendo.

Credits
    Trophies
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dudeman View Post
    Nintendo's customer service is just the opposite. When I called them the other day about a malfunctioning Wiimote, they took me step by step to try to fix it. When nothing worked, the guy asked me how long I've had it.

"Err...let's just say you've had it for three so you're still under warrenty," he responded.

Within two days they sent me a new Wiimote and had me send the old one back. Thanks Nintendo.
    Wow, that's rare in this day and age. That's great customer service, now you are loyal to Nintendo.
    Quote Originally Posted by DickStivers View Post
    I hope I haven't missed my chance to join MrTroy 4 Life
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. E View Post
    I blame Obama. That nigger.
    Quote Originally Posted by benzss View Post
    when mrtroy makes a valid point about your posting, you should probably kill yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by djwolford View Post
    This site was always meant to end with a gay gangbang. It's destiny.
    Quote Originally Posted by ozzy View Post
    I don't consider myself a racist, but I fucking hate niggers.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTroy View Post
    Gwahir and I have this little ongoing tiff. He seems to have that with a number of people who think he is a pretentious faggot.
    Quote Originally Posted by hydro View Post
    I'd rather fuck a child

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Try calling them and bitching until they send you a prepaid shipping sticker.

Credits
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Problem solved. Since it was purchased so recently, I drug all my equipment without the original box (who has that stuff) plus my receipt to Best Buy and they just opened a new box and gave me the guitar from that. Which was what I had preferred to do anyway, since I didn't want to trade in my good drum for a possibly broken one as I've been reading about a lot of the drums with a high rate of not working properly. I was literally in and out of Best Buy within 5 minutes with a new guitar.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Nintendo will suck your dick for you to stay on board, cause they aren't doing so well anymore with the gaming community.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nick2.1 View Post
    Nintendo will suck your dick for you to stay on board, cause they aren't doing so well anymore with the gaming community.
    Honestly, the "gaming community" isn't their target audience.

Also, good to hear Rick Scarf.

Credits
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nick2.1 View Post
    Last time I checked it is STILL very hard to find anyone with Wiis in stock.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Scarf View Post
    Come to San Diego, we have tons.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Scarf View Post
    It was getting a bit easier around here. Although with the holiday season around the corner they're pretty scarce again.

That reminds me, the copy of Wii Play I bought last year came with a defective Wiimote and I never called them about it. Looks like I'll be making a phone call tomorrow.

They were very good about replacing my Wii. I got one a month after release, and I did the fatal update that killed a lot of first-gen Wii's the same night I got it. Called them the next day, they apologized up and down, told me a new Wii was in the mail and a box for my old one would come shortly after. No more than 2 days later did I get my new Wii. No hassle at all.
    Last edited by srsinternets; 11-09-2008 at 06:02 PM.