Thread: Just my luck.

FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU Anonymous D's Avatar
    Credits
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default Just my luck.

I got CoD5 yesterday, and my 360 crapped out today.

I bought a refurbished one, so I knew it was only a matter of time. But its stupid how it does it. When CoD4 is in. it would say Unreadable Disk, or Mixed Media Diskbut if I put CoD4 in it would work the first time.

ill probably just sell it dirt cheap on eBay as is. Anyone want it?

I just ended up going to wal mart and getting a $200 arcade x-box and slapping my HDD on it.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I can't wait for the ps3s to get cheap.

Credits
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I already have a PS3.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Woo.

Credits
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Bifford View Post
    I can't wait for the ps3s to get cheap.
    I'm pretty excited about this too, but I still think the xbox 360 gets an unfair shake. My console worked for almost three years, and it was close to a launch system. Plus with the warranty it is really nbd at all.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. E View Post
    I'm pretty excited about this too, but I still think the xbox 360 gets an unfair shake. My console worked for almost three years, and it was close to a launch system. Plus with the warranty it is really nbd at all.
    warranty isnt BAD but having to use it is. I mean i lost my console for a month waiting for a replacement and alls I got in return was a one month voucher for Live.

The 360's design isn't good but its not god awful. I think a big part of the problem is the operating environment that people are putting their systems into. People used to put a 64 or playstation in cabinets and all that crap and no problem because the damn things werent too powerful. The new systems are cranking the watts up like a PC and the average person doesnt know that they shouldnt put it inside this tiny little completely enclosed entertainment center.

Credits
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eric_6996 View Post
    warranty isnt BAD but having to use it is. I mean i lost my console for a month waiting for a replacement and alls I got in return was a one month voucher for Live.

The 360's design isn't good but its not god awful. I think a big part of the problem is the operating environment that people are putting their systems into. People used to put a 64 or playstation in cabinets and all that crap and no problem because the damn things werent too powerful. The new systems are cranking the watts up like a PC and the average person doesnt know that they shouldnt put it inside this tiny little completely enclosed entertainment center.
    People know of teh overheating problems now, so most people know not to put them in confined spaces.

And they still break.

Im on my 3rd 360. And they were just on the top of my desk. First one RROD after 20 minutes. That is just a shit product. it didnt even have time to heat up.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sadly I've gotten the shit deal with my consoles. I'm on my 3rd 360, 2nd ps3 and 2nd wii. To be honest though, I broke my first wii soldering in a mod chip XD. (Not the 2nd one though ;D) the ps3 was the most annoying. Took forever and cost like 150.

Credits
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I am on my 2nd PS3 too. But mine was still under warranty. So I didnt have to pay. But I did have to go to Wal-Mart and get them to track down the receipt and print it for me.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Lol lame. Nah, i bought mine launch and it had like a combo of 3 different problems that made the tech-support guy call me a lier. BTW: Having tech support accuse you of lieing because your console is TOO broken is an AWESOME feeling. Needless to say, i threw down 150 bucks and they sent me a cardboard coffin to send my poor ps3 back to wherever they send ps3s (Hell, i'm assuming)

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous d View Post
    People know of teh overheating problems now, so most people know not to put them in confined spaces.

And they still break.

Im on my 3rd 360. And they were just on the top of my desk. First one RROD after 20 minutes. That is just a shit product. it didnt even have time to heat up.
    Dont get me wrong i think they are subpar in general in quality and have a high chance of breaking but i have to disagree with your statement about knowing not to put them in confined spaces. The average consumer is retarded. Its amazing what people do to the things they pay good money for.

Credits
    Trophies
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I'm hopefully getting a PS3, laptop, and DSL for Christmas. Go me.
    I hear the voices inside my head. They counsel me. They understand. They talk to me.

Quote Originally Posted by djwolford View Post
    You know, when Tidus points out that you have failed at internetting, it's probably time to go ahead and off yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by gwahir View Post
    pepsi reserves the right to tell cryptic to get out at any time

it's in the CD charter

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Didn't Sony state that the PS3 will not go down in price?

PANDAS
    If you don't like them, then get the fuck out.

Quote Originally Posted by Think View Post
    Atheists are quite right

Merry fucking Christmas Atmosfear's Avatar
    Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eric_6996 View Post
    Dont get me wrong i think they are subpar in general in quality and have a high chance of breaking but i have to disagree with your statement about knowing not to put them in confined spaces. The average consumer is retarded. Its amazing what people do to the things they pay good money for.
    My roommate's Elite RRODed on him last year and it was sitting in the wide open and was never used more than an hour or two at a time and probably not more than 3 days a week for 6 months.

Credits
    Trophies
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Who plays CoD on a console? It is a PC game for sure... playing with any type of game pad or controller is not to be had. And I am a much bigger console gamer than PC, but certain games are PC games, and certain games are console games. I can't play CoD on a console, I would kill myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by DickStivers View Post
    I hope I haven't missed my chance to join MrTroy 4 Life
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. E View Post
    I blame Obama. That nigger.
    Quote Originally Posted by benzss View Post
    when mrtroy makes a valid point about your posting, you should probably kill yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by djwolford View Post
    This site was always meant to end with a gay gangbang. It's destiny.
    Quote Originally Posted by ozzy View Post
    I don't consider myself a racist, but I fucking hate niggers.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTroy View Post
    Gwahir and I have this little ongoing tiff. He seems to have that with a number of people who think he is a pretentious faggot.
    Quote Originally Posted by hydro View Post
    I'd rather fuck a child

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MrTroy View Post
    Who plays CoD on a console? It is a PC game for sure... playing with any type of game pad or controller is not to be had. And I am a much bigger console gamer than PC, but certain games are PC games, and certain games are console games. I can't play CoD on a console, I would kill myself.
    ok

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Everyone knows you can't play FPSs on consoles.

Well... that's what I hear anyways.

PANDAS
    If you don't like them, then get the fuck out.

Quote Originally Posted by Think View Post
    Atheists are quite right