Thread: Robbed

can't post; too scared Anonymous's Avatar
    Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Robbed

I've known a guy for about 2 yrs.We'll call him John. He used to live 2 houses down from me and we'd always hang out. Long story short, he ended up fucking me over and robbed a LOT of shit from my house. iPod, Gun, Laptop, Camera and god knows what else.He said he didn't do it, and being the weak person I am I sided wirh him but inside I knew he did it and disliked him. I got a lot of heat from my parents and they think I did it. I tried explaining but that only led to them thinking I coordinated it with John. I stopped talking to him for months on end since he moved to Alabama and now a month ago he shows up at my house with my other friend. Turns out he's living with my other friend now, we'll call him Sam.

So we get to talking and the three of us become friends again. I HAD to bring it up. He was sincere and said he was going to pay me back in full. I doubted this as he's a dropout and lives with Sam. Semi-homeless with no job. He just smokes weed all day with me and Sam. Pathetic, really.

I woke up at 12:30 PM today and 15 mins later John shows up at my door asking if he can chill. Sam is nowhere in sight. John said he went to middleman some weed and he'd be back. Okay. He caught me while I was making some eggs, so we eat breakfast and go chill in my room for a bit. Sam shows up later and we chill in my room and they leave around 2:10 or so.

So now today when my mom gets home I get screamed the fuck at by my mom asking where the laptop and gold chain went. I was really fucking confused on what was going on. They were with me the whole time and even so, my mom keeps her door locked so the only way to get in was through the window in the backyard. John and Sam know I leave it open, so the cops get called blah blah and I come to 2 conclusions: either I got robbed before I woke up at 12:30 or John distracted me while Sam went around the back into my mom's room. I don't know what to do, my parents think it was me again. They were going to help pay for my college classes and give me an old car they never use with insurance and everything and basically they said that's all gone now.

I don't know what i'm asking for.. Advice I guess, i'm really torn right now. If you read through all this thanks. What are your opinions?

Strangle Hazard thank mr skeltal's Avatar
    Credits
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I used to work with a lady who's son associated with shady friends that would steal from their house. My best advice is to sever all ties and get an alarm system in the house or something - or else make sure you don't have anything worth stealing. Don't talk to him any more, he is never going to pay you back, that is for sure. If you want, report him to the cops but I am sure he will end up in trouble all on his own and it would just lead to more drama for you if he knew you called the cops on him.
    Just straight up tell him he can't hang with you anymore since he stole shit. If he wants to hang out with you again he can pay you back in full, which he says he will do but trust me it ain't gonna happen.

Strangle Hazard thank mr skeltal's Avatar
    Credits
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

A mod/admin can delete your post soon and repost it anonymously.
    Don't go start shit, that will just make things worse. Your mom is just emotional because this is all new to her and hitting her all at once - she thought her own son was stealing and is just now learning the truth. Just reassure her that you love her and will stand up for the family but you need to let the cops do their thing and let justice run its course. It would be silly for you to do something and get caught for it and thrown in jail when you didn't have to do anything.

can't post; too scared Anonymous's Avatar
    Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Scarf View Post
    A mod/admin can delete your post soon and repost it anonymously.
    Don't go start shit, that will just make things worse. Your mom is just emotional because this is all new to her and hitting her all at once - she thought her own son was stealing and is just now learning the truth. Just reassure her that you love her and will stand up for the family but you need to let the cops do their thing and let justice run its course. It would be silly for you to do something and get caught for it and thrown in jail when you didn't have to do anything.
    She wants to start shit. She got the kid's address from the cop. She told me right now to go to bed because I have to wake up early to find a job and go to the kid's house to talk to his parents. (Who both smoke and are just as bad as the kid). Sigh. She's not finding out the truth, she still thinks it was me because she's really fucking pissed at me. She said i'm a dumbass for letting them in after they did that the first time and shit, and I guess she's right. I'm too much of a trusting person I guess...

Credits
    Trophies
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I've been robbed a few times in my life, but never at home. Never at home.

My basic motto, since the lifestyle I live pretty much makes it a necessity to know a few shady people, is to never let them near my house.

That said, the people who have robbed me, have found street justice one way or another, if you don't think you can do it, $100 is an easy way to make sure someone gets a leg broken.

Granted that right there is some horrible advice, but it's my method.

To do it how you should, just sever ties and if they show back up, either beat some ass or call the police on the spot.

And really, if someone robbed you, then came over and apologized, I'd have kicked some ass just for lying to my face.
    lik dis if u cry evertim
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. E View Post
    yes
    Quote Originally Posted by KT. View Post
    Oh I was expecting a guide to making meth

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    She wants to start shit. She got the kid's address from the cop. She told me right now to go to bed because I have to wake up early to find a job and go to the kid's house to talk to his parents. (Who both smoke and are just as bad as the kid). Sigh. She's not finding out the truth, she still thinks it was me because she's really fucking pissed at me. She said i'm a dumbass for letting them in after they did that the first time and shit, and I guess she's right. I'm too much of a trusting person I guess...
    Are you kidding me? Your first mistake was staying friends with a kid who stole your shit, that makes absolutely no sense to me.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absolution View Post
    Are you kidding me? Your first mistake was staying friends with a kid who stole your shit, that makes absolutely no sense to me.
    QFT.

Are you really that desperate for "friends" that you'll let people back in your life that STOLE FROM YOU?!? I mean shit, we've all chosen shitty friends in our lives, you usually don't know about it until it's too late, but honestly you actually are partly responsible for what happened because you allowed these people back in your life, knowing what they were like.

You're not too trusting, there is something else going on here, and I suggest you take a good hard look in the mirror and figure out why you keep letting people fuck you over. People that allow that kind of thing just have big, red bullseyes on their foreheads and flashing "sucker" signs on their backs, and will continue to attract more of the same kind of people until they fix what's wrong with them and fill whatever gap exists in their lives that causes them to continue to let others walk all over them.

Credits
    Trophies
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

He stole a gun off you. Leave him be.

Though I do agree with Vengeful Emo's idea of getting his legs broken. Though I'd probably pay a bit more and get him put in hospital for a while.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Have you called the ATF yet?

If not, you need to.

Tell him you're getting the ATF involved, and that the person who did it is going to jail for a long time.

Make it seem like a joke, "Yeah, the ATF doesn't mess around. This guy is either going to die in an ATF raid, or go to jail for 10 years."