Thread: Looking into buying a new tv

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Looking into buying a new tv

The TV I currently have is about 10 years old. It works fine except that the input jacks are crapping out on me. Anyway, I am looking to buy an HD T.V. anywhere between 35 and 42 inches. Brand does not matter to me as long as it lasts me a good amount of time.

I am not looking to buy one today, this week, or even this month. I am looking to buy a T.V. sometime in early 2009. I do not know how reliable this information is but I heard the prices of TVs will drop because of analog to digital. I do not know if this applies to HD TVs (which I dont think it does). With that being said, are their retailers that have good sales or discounts on TVs?

The most I will pay for a TV is 700 and that is even pushing it. Plasma or LCD doesn't make a difference to me just because when it comes to this all I want is to be able to play my Xbox 360 in HD. Thats the main use of my current TV anyway. Does anyone have suggestions of brands, or ones I should avoid? Does anyone know potential sales coming up in the near future?
    Last edited by lol; 11-29-2008 at 12:52 PM.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'd start at tigerdirect.com and go from there.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I got my vizio 32" lcdhdtv for $520 at costco.. I've had it for the past few months and I have had no problems with it. I kind of wish I got a 37", but I'm happy with the 32. Great picture and looks great playing my 360 via HDMI.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If you go work for Best buy for a month you can get some really good deals on TV's, or just wait for them to be on sale. I got my 32" Panasonic for $535 or something near there. There is a 50" samsung going for $900 or so. There is a pansonic 720p 42" going for $7-800 I believe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadia View Post
    Well I like penis

so there