Thread: Money to be spent.. Advice Needed.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Question Money to be spent.. Advice Needed.

Payday is here, and I am off into town tonight to buy an XBOX 360. My PS3 bores me, and I fancy a change.

I am going to get the 60gb Premium console, and an extra controller.
    http://www.game.co.uk/Xbox360/Hardwa...nnis-and-PGR4/
    That is the bundle I am thinking of buying along with an Extra controller and Madden 09.

Now my problem. I have played Farcry 2 and loved it, but Gears of War (The first one) wasnt as amazing as everyone said it was, which may just be my taste.
    Although I now this is an awesome deal, is Gears Of War 2 a significant enough improvement for me to warrant getting both of them?

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I played the first and second Gears and game play wise not much has changed in my opinion. If you get Live I recommend Left 4 Dead. Plays decent on the 360 controller and the game is boat loads of fun online.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I am a PS3 user as well, it is kinda boring at times. The other day I was at my brothers house and I played Left 4 Dead for 360 and was surprised at how good it was, I thought it would just be one of those stupid zombie games trying to copy Resident Evil. Just like Sneeze said it is a lot of fun. The graphics are amazing and multi-player is intense. Highly recommend that game.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rainmann View Post
    I am a PS3 user as well, it is kinda boring at times. The other day I was at my brothers house and I played Left 4 Dead for 360 and was surprised at how good it was, I thought it would just be one of those stupid zombie games trying to copy Resident Evil. Just like Sneeze said it is a lot of fun. The graphics are amazing and multi-player is intense. Highly recommend that game.
    Woah woah woah. You thought it was gonna be a cheesey RE knock off? Well I'm glad you realized you were quite wrong. It's made by Valve man. You should know it's quality.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Get Dead Space, from the brief bit I saw and from what I heard it's pretty sick. If you like football games get Madden '09 its good too. GoW was never my kind of game but a lot of people like it so I would recommend getting the new one if that's your thing.

edit: just reread your first post and didn't see you were thinkin about Madden. I say get it.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SneeBeezums View Post
    Woah woah woah. You thought it was gonna be a cheesey RE knock off? Well I'm glad you realized you were quite wrong. It's made by Valve man. You should know it's quality.
    I apologize for my stupidity

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Killuminati View Post
    Get Dead Space, from the brief bit I saw and from what I heard it's pretty sick. If you like football games get Madden '09 its good too. GoW was never my kind of game but a lot of people like it so I would recommend getting the new one if that's your thing.

edit: just reread your first post and didn't see you were thinkin about Madden. I say get it.
    I second Dead Space, amazing experience. But I wouldn't reccomend it as one of your first games to get because of the little replay value. I would also like to mention that it is said that the graphics on the PS3 version is better than the 360. if you are looking for 360 exclusive games, I'd get Gears of War 2. Maybe Fable 2 if you are into that kind of stuff.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well I mean COD4 is great online. I also must recommend Hitman Blood Money, a truly fantastic game.

Also consider buying KOTR and KOTR 2. They both play on the 360, and they are amazing.

edit: lol KOTOR. I fail.
    Last edited by gabetar; 12-09-2008 at 10:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by sponge View Post
    gabetar you are my internet hero
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. E View Post
    this thread is for gabetar
    Quote Originally Posted by DickStivers View Post
    bump 4 gabetar

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I second KOTOR and KOTOR2 if you're looking for good old RPGs. Fable 2 is amazing if you liked the first one.

Small Gamestop Plug:
    If you go to gamestop and get games used, you can return them in 7 days if you don't like them. Just walk up and be like "this one sucked, i'd like to try a different one" and they'll be like "Ok!" Technically you can use them as a rental service until they get fed up and stop doing exchanges for you.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I went with the 360 60gb version, 2 controllers, gears of war 1 and 2, Fable 2, Farcry 2 and Madden. £250. Not bad. I will look into that Dead Space game that was mentioned!