Thread: Game similar to Zelda?

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Game similar to Zelda?

Just finished Twilight Princess. What game is similar in that it's RPG, single player, fun and takes a while to beat.

God That Smelled Good linkinkampf19's Avatar
    Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Which consoles do you have? Obviously the Wii or Gamecube, so as for other RPG style games, I would suggest any of the Metroid Primes, unless you are looking for the same feel as Zelda. I sold my Wii a while ago, as the games just weren't doing it for me. Ever play Wind Waker? That was decent for the Gamecube, although many shot it down for it's cartoony visuals. If you have an Xbox 360, PS3 or beefy enough computer, Oblivion might be up your alley, however it's a lot more "do your own" and less "hold your hand" like Zelda is.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If you've got a PS2, I hear Okami is really similar to Zelda and that it's an excellent game.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Go back to n64 and play Ocarina of time, which is a infinitely better Zelda game.

you can also get it on Gamecube

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

We have the Wii so I can get gamecube games for it.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic View Post
    We have the Wii so I can get gamecube games for it.
    Well if you can get hold of it then i strongly recommend it, I think it was a limited edition for gamecube, but have a look around .

might want to buy a GC controller as well.

EDIT: The Legend Of Zelda - Collector's Edition: Amazon.co.uk: PC & Video Games@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51pjrOLVU3L.@@AMEPARAM@@51pjrOLVU3L

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just look for action adventure games rent some and try them out to see which type you like.

God That Smelled Good linkinkampf19's Avatar
    Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That's not quite the best of advice here, Infernus. Hell, most games I buy are used and about the same price as if I were to have rented them. Maybe double or triple, tops. Renting just isn't cost savvy, and it gets expensive if you rent out multiple copies. The only thing I see justifying rentals are the Netflix services like Gamefly or whatever. Probably the best way to get the bang for your buck and still sift out the shitty games. Unless that's what you were originally alluding to, then I apologize.

In other news, I've heard he same about Okami as MBok. Before I sold my Wii, it was definitely one of the games I had my eye on. Especially coupled with the Wiimote, the controls seem to be top notch.
    Last edited by linkinkampf19; 12-07-2008 at 11:32 AM.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

As has been recommended, Okami. On Wii.
    Still Alive, maybe.

FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU Anonymous D's Avatar
    Credits
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon on N64 was an awesome game.

Credits
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Oh, I had no idea there was a mystical ninja game for N64.

I loved the SNES version though.

FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU Anonymous D's Avatar
    Credits
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nermy2k View Post
    Oh, I had no idea there was a mystical ninja game for N64.
    I think there were 3 of them. lol

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ganbare_Goemon"]Legend of the Mystical Ninja - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Woofness View Post
    Go back to n64 and play Ocarina of time, which is a infinitely better Zelda game.

you can also get it on Gamecube
    AN infinitely better, not "a infinitely." Why would you say that anyway? I agree that Ocarina is better, but I don't believe it's even close to INFINITELY better. Twilight Princess is a pretty damn good game.

I'd go for A Link to the Past for SNES though. That game is almost the epitome of top-down 2d greatness. Pretty much any Zelda game is going to be awesome except for the ones on the Philips CD-i.

If you're looking for a truly amazing game, takes awhile to beat, and will blow your mind with how great it is, then check out Illusion of Gaia for the SNES. If you haven't played it, then I don't know why you're still reading this, you should be playing it right now.

the eagle
    Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thirding Okami, although I played it for Wii and PS2, and it was better on the PS2. But my hands are also really, really shakey.

To give you an idea, it took me around 24-27 hours to do the main quest, and I didn't do any of the secondary stuff. In addition, there's a New Game +, which is something that Zelda never has, which is good, because Link is always kind of a static character whose strength only comes from 3 new swords, etc, and a longer life bar.

Anyways, you will not regret Okami. It's one of the 'longer' games out there (I say this in quotes because there are some LONG ASS games out there that I will never beat, despite enjoyment, and I'm looking at you, FF: T A2 Rift of the Grimoire) that I played to the finish. Even after getting to the 'big city', which is usually a turn off in games like that where I'm familiar with the land, the laws, and the game rewards you with having to ignore all those rules of gameplay and explore/talk to everrrryone.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jagang View Post
    AN infinitely better, not "a infinitely." Why would you say that anyway? I agree that Ocarina is better, but I don't believe it's even close to INFINITELY better. Twilight Princess is a pretty damn good game.
    calm down down luv, everyone misses a letter once in a while. Also you cant technically get "close to infinitely" it either is or isn't, not that it matters as it was a turn of phrase.

I found the Twilight Princess to be lacking the magic that OOT had, it seemed more about fitting in as many ideas and experiments into one game as they could. For that reason I thought that the storyline suffered and, as a result, so did the game play.