Thread: Need new mouse, opinions?

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Need new mouse, opinions?

I have a mx518 right now but the right click button is starting to malfunction so I was curious as to what kind of gaming mouses are out there. I've always been a logitech mouse kinda guy but wouldn't mind venturing off into something else if it looks appealing. Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadia View Post
    Well I like penis

so there

Credits
    Trophies
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Amazon.com: Logitech MX1000 Laser Cordless Mouse: Electronics@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51GSWC1142L.@@AMEPARAM@@51GSWC1142L

Review: http://reviews.cnet.com/mice/logitec...-31095326.html

I've used the Logitech MX1000 for literally just over 3 years now. I have never owned a better mouse and don't foresee this one quitting on me, and if it does I may get it again (if I can find it). No lag on gaming, stays charged for a LONG time, especially new. Charges from dead to full in a matter of a few hours. You can still pick it up on amazon, but there are newer mouses out there, I am just partial to this one.

EDIT: Used on Windows XP Pro and Vista Ultimate 64bit
    EDIT2: The battery lasts for DAYS, even after 3 years
    Last edited by MrTroy; 12-09-2008 at 12:12 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DickStivers View Post
    I hope I haven't missed my chance to join MrTroy 4 Life
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. E View Post
    I blame Obama. That nigger.
    Quote Originally Posted by benzss View Post
    when mrtroy makes a valid point about your posting, you should probably kill yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by djwolford View Post
    This site was always meant to end with a gay gangbang. It's destiny.
    Quote Originally Posted by ozzy View Post
    I don't consider myself a racist, but I fucking hate niggers.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTroy View Post
    Gwahir and I have this little ongoing tiff. He seems to have that with a number of people who think he is a pretentious faggot.
    Quote Originally Posted by hydro View Post
    I'd rather fuck a child

Strangle Hazard thank mr skeltal's Avatar
    Credits
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I have had the Logitech G7 for a couple years or more now and love it to death. The hotswappable batteries even after all this time still run a good 4-5 hours, then it just takes a second to swap in the freshly charged one from the base. It's a very accurate gaming mouse and it is the first wireless mouse I've had (ok well the 2nd one I've had, but the first one sucked I guess) that had the responsiveness one would expect from a corded mouse.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Scarf View Post
    I have had the Logitech G7 for a couple years or more now and love it to death. The hotswappable batteries even after all this time still run a good 4-5 hours, then it just takes a second to swap in the freshly charged one from the base. It's a very accurate gaming mouse and it is the first wireless mouse I've had (ok well the 2nd one I've had, but the first one sucked I guess) that had the responsiveness one would expect from a corded mouse.
    ^This

I'm looking into the new world of warcraft mouse that's coming out. Something like 15 programmable buttons. Maybe look into that.

http://www.steelseries.com/_us/products/partners_blizz/

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My dad has the MX1000, I think its too heavy and I dont like it. The MX518 is a great mouse, if I were you id just buy another one of those.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I used the MX1000 for about 2 years and loved it. I got rid of it when I sold my computer, but will definitely pick another one up when I have the chance!

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have had the G7 for many years now and enjoy it thouroughly

God That Smelled Good linkinkampf19's Avatar
    Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The MX518 is most definitely a great mouse to repurchase. Mine is nearly on it's way out (but maybe it's just the software...), and it's still going strong. Unless you absolutely need a wireless mouse, I'd say stick with the MX518, or maybe jump up a notch to the G5.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The g7 is superior to the Mx518 I have owned both and in my opinion like the G7 much better. It has great response time and is just cool

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have the G5 and I hated it for the first month or two. The weight cartridge is retarded, and the on the fly sensitivity really isnt needed at all. Id recommend getting MX518, theres no need to pay the extra money for the weights. I use to have like an early laser mouse from Microsoft, it was like the 6000 series I think but I really liked that mouse a lot, but now that Im use to the G5 I honestly think I like it more. The hell with wireless mice.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Exactly. What is the point of a wireless mouse unless you are setting up an HTPC? As long as you have a wire long enough, wired mice should take precedent over wireless. I don't know if response is too different any more, but I remember back in earlier wireless tech, that was one of the glaring problems, especially if you were playing a game that required exact precision (aka UT2004, CoD, etc.)

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I never had a problem with lag with the MX1000. I played Unreal and the Delta Force games more then anything else and it was 100% accurate, and more comfortable to use. Plus, the wire doesn't get caught on something stupid. Don't knock it til you try it.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Not knocking it. In my opinion, wired device are good unless you have a need for extended length or a clean workspace. Frankly, I have all my wires bundled up together so even when reorganizing my room, they are rarely a hassle. The only trade off wireless has is the need for batteries. Granted some newer models of both keyboard and mice pose rechargeable cradles for this situation, but not having them means having to fall back on wired tech anyway. If I wasn't strapped for cash all the time, I would consider upgrading my peripherals, especially since this godforsaken keyboard can't recognize a number of keys anymore (unless I really pound down on them).

Credits
    Trophies
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Harner View Post
    I never had a problem with lag with the MX1000. I played Unreal and the Delta Force games more then anything else and it was 100% accurate, and more comfortable to use. Plus, the wire doesn't get caught on something stupid. Don't knock it til you try it.
    This. I play FPS' all the time and there is 0 lag, 100% as accurate as a traditional wired optical mouse. I wouldn't own a wireless mouse that took AA batteries personally, I am sure they are fine. The MX1000 has a rechargeable battery, and even if I use my PC 3 hours a day, I can go like a week without having to cradle this bad boy, even after 3 years. It is a bit heavy, I remember thinking so at first. But now I think regular mice are light. It's super comfy and I like the clean workspace and snag-less computing.

This isn't 1991, wireless mice are pretty flawless.
    when mrtroy makes a valid point about your posting, you should probably kill yourself
    Gwahir and I have this little ongoing tiff. He seems to have that with a number of people who think he is a pretentious faggot.
    I'd rather fuck a child

Credits
    Trophies
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Oh, my MX1000 ran out of juice a few hours ago from it's charge a 9 days ago. I took it off the charger about 5 PM on the 8th, my first post in this thread. And most days I would say I am on the PC anywhere from 2 to 5 hours, sometimes more.

Pretty good.
    I'd rather fuck a child

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have a G5. It was cheap, it's accurate, and its comfortable. I like it.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Elite gamers, like myself, use this mouse: http://www.bobhobby.com/gallery/albu...LED-Lights.jpg

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If you game: http://www.razerzone.com/p-66-razer-...ing-mouse.aspx
    If you don't: What does it matter?

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Haha that aircraft mouse is the dumbest looking mouse ever.
    Looks very cheaply made as well.

I think you'll find that the 'elite gamers' use razer mice.

I bought a new mouse the other day, I got a razer copperhead and I'm very happy with it, very fast, very smooth, dpi adjusting buttons on the side and can store 5 profiles on the mouse for easy changing computers and 7 programmable buttons.
    I didn't see the need for 9, which is why I ended up getting copperhead and not lachesis. And obviously its cheaper.
    http://www.razerzone.com/p-74-razer-...ing-mouse.aspx
    Last edited by ShitFace; 12-24-2008 at 08:34 AM.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ShitFace View Post

I bought a new mouse the other day, I got a razer copperhead and I'm very happy with it, very fast, very smooth, dpi adjusting buttons on the side and can store 5 profiles on the mouse for easy changing computers and 7 programmable buttons.
    I didn't see the need for 9, which is why I ended up getting copperhead and not lachesis. And obviously its cheaper.
    I have both, and unless you really need the extra 2 buttons, ShitFace is right, go for the copperhead. If you make bank, go for the Lachesis.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by coldfyre View Post
    I have a G5. It was cheap, it's accurate, and its comfortable. I like it.
    Which one you got, the orange and silverish one or the blue and black crackled design? I got the blue black, because I read that the colors were coming off the other one and it had one more side button for like 5 bucks more. I have had it a year and I love it. The ability to adjust the res on it is great for games as it was designed but I also use it when doing computer drafting or graphics a lot. To me the weights are pointless. I played with them a bit at first trying different combo's but eventually they found a home in my desk drawer. I do find the fit in my hand very comfortable but then again i'm not hard to please, as when my previous mouse died I used a small program and my joystick as a mouse for about a month of basic computing until I got this one. My previous mouse was a generic Logitech optical mouse and it served me well for over 6 years, In my opinion you can't really go wrong with Logitech.

I think you'll find that the 'elite gamers' use razer mice.[/url]
    Well the airplane mouse would be cool if i was like 6 and yeah it just looks cheapo.

As for "elite gamers" most the ones I know still rock an actual high quality ball mouse, guess its different strokes for different folks.
    Last edited by jojo; 12-24-2008 at 11:16 PM.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Haha wow I thought it was just my dad who still used a ball mouse.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Haha wow I thought it was just my dad who still used a ball mouse.
    Yeah, I can't imagine trying to game with a ball mouse. Do they even make them anymore? Why?

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shinysides View Post
    Yeah, I can't imagine trying to game with a ball mouse. Do they even make them anymore? Why?
    I might have a nightmare tonight about playing CS with a ball mouse. Thanks.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Janglez View Post
    Yeah, I think that would literally be hell.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Janglez View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinysides View Post
    Yeah, I think that would literally be hell.
    Try doing it using only a touchpad on a laptop.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Lol FPS on a touchpad is pointless.
    RTS can be done but it is still frustrating as hell.

My dads mouse makes me laugh and cry at the same time, not only is it a ball mouse, but its a bad, wireless one.
    The ball gets caught on nothing, just stops moving when I try to move it, I have to shake it severely to get it to work again.
    Thankfully I don't play games on that computer but even surfing on the net is nightmarish.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I know this is probably a futile attempt at getting a ball mouse to work again, but have you tried opening up the ball compartment and brushing or picking off the shit that gets caught on the cylinder sensors (or whatever the rollers are called)? That sometimes makes a difference of night and day on a ball mouse.

Why so delirious?
    Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I definitely agree. I've been using a razer copperhead for a few years now, and it is absolutely amazing. So amazing that using any other mouse just feels ridiculous. I tried to use the G5 but I can't stand how huge it is.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Cleaning a ball mouse now and then does make a world of difference, its amazing how dirty those things get.
    On the other hand, laser/optical mice require no cleaning.

WHEN WILL THEY LEARN?!? lol