Thread: Story idear

the eagle
    Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Story idear

Gay father - Jerry - lesbian mother - Suzanne - are both carrying out clandestine affairs. But the man Jerry is with is not gay, only bisexual, and is cheating on Jerry with the Suzanne's girlfriend. So you have this kind of weird trapezius of illicit love. Oh, neither Jerry nor Suzanne knows about each others homosexuality.

They do have a child, named Sam (mmm, nice asexual name) but he is gender confused and cross dresses, much to his parent's consternation. When he is around his mother, he wears a dress and she calls him "Sammy," and when he's around his father, he wears boy clothes and is called "Sam".

Slowly, the plot unravels as Jerry and Suzanne find out about each other's lovers and each other's sexual orientation. Then you find out that Samuel was ridiculed throughout his years in Elementary, Middle and High School due to his parents orientation, which the entire town seemed to know about, or at least it was a piece of choice gossip. After witnessing his parents first hand with their partners, he becomes confused and kills himself to avoid the humiliation of his parents action.

Both Jerry and Suzanne have blocked his death, and have been hallucinating Samuel, who was their interior justification for continuing the affairs. They both recall his death and the horror of his suicide, and break down.

They find out about each other, and decide to get a divorce. They begin to sign the papers at the dinner table, with the empty chair that Samuel used to occupy between them.

Credits
    Trophies
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That sounds like a good idea for one of those cheesy afternoon TV movies. Or a shitty Sandra Bullock film which guys would take girls to see in the hope they might get laid afterwards.

Would be tough to do as a book though.

BANNED
    Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I like it. Sounds like a episode of Maury.

Credits
    Trophies
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BLMWolby View Post
    The idea is pretty good. It reminds me of a book i joked about w/ my friend George and KT one day. I'd probably read it. One thing that I'd change though (If you dont mind constructive criticism) is When he is in girls clothes he is called "Sammy" and in guys he is called "Sam"? It seems like Sammy is the much more masculine version of the two, but I could be mistaken.
    You are clearly quite mistaken.

the common sense fairy solecistic's Avatar
    Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Actually.

I see this working more as a brilliant piece of theatre.

Credits
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by solecistic View Post
    Actually.

I see this working more as a brilliant piece of theatre.
    Agreed. You couldn't get the real punch of it if it's just words. Something like you want to achieve needs to be seen.