Thread: Christmas List?

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Christmas List?

Ok I can get a game this Christmas because my mom doesn't know what else to get me, but the problem is I already have almost all the good games for PS3. I already have CoD 4, Resistance 2,GTA IV, MGS 4, Dead Space, Fallout 3, LittleBigPlanet, and other random sports games. So anything else that I missed? If nothing comes up, I'm just going to ask for a cool jacket or something. ( I'm going to skip Far Cry 2 if anyone mentions it). Also forgot that I'm a bit iffy about CoD 5 because I already have 4 and some people said that they don't even play it anyomre. So feel free for your opinions.
    Last edited by Cool Runnings; 12-15-2008 at 11:37 PM.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

A game this summer? You mean Christmas?

Sounds like you got a lot of the top games for the PS3 covered. Ratchet and Clank: Future is really fun. If you ever played the other ones it's just as good. Never played it, but Drake's is supposed to be good.

And I too would skip out on CoD 5. I didn't enjoy it as much as 4.

Strangle Hazard thank mr skeltal's Avatar
    Credits
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune is pretty good, you can get it used for like $25 I bet.
    Assassin's Creed is priced new now at $30 and is a good value for that price. Burnout Paradise is also $30 and looks fun, judging from the demo.

I have played CoD5 on the PC, it is ok if you're a fan of the series, but wait until you can buy it used for like $25-30. The single player campaign is fun but not as good as CoD4, and the multiplayer is just all right.

I've also got Guitar Hero: World Tour and play it pretty much every day. If you're a fan of the plastic instrument rhythm games, I highly recommend it.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SneeBeezums View Post
    A game this summer? You mean Christmas?

Sounds like you got a lot of the top games for the PS3 covered. Ratchet and Clank: Future is really fun. If you ever played the other ones it's just as good. Never played it, but Drake's is supposed to be good.

And I too would skip out on CoD 5. I didn't enjoy it as much as 4.
    Oops, fixed
    Oh yeah, I don't know about Uncharted, i played the demo and didn't like and same with Burnout. As for Ratchet and Clank, I only played Up Your Arsenal but never beat it because I'm not a fan of that kind of kiddish platforming.
    As for Guitar Hero, my brother bought me Rock Band 2 which I don't even want for his fun, whatever.
    Great opinions guys.
    Oh yeah, I already own Assassin's Creed, bought it first week with my PS3, huge disappointment for 60$.
    Last edited by Cool Runnings; 12-15-2008 at 11:40 PM.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I don't expect much for christmas. but i know im getting Command and Conquer: Red Alert 3

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Prince of Persia for the 360. I can't wait.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Red Alert 3 looks fun, all I know is Gemma Atkinson sure is hot.
    As for Prince Of Persia, the commercials look really cool with the music and stuff, but the fact that you basically can't die and combat is so simple throws me off.

Credits
    Trophies
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Wrath of the Lich King, cause I'm broke atm.... but it won't do me much good atm.
    another 360 that won't RRoD on my ass
    Fallout 3(just cause Oblivion is old news to me)
    lik dis if u cry evertim
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. E View Post
    yes
    Quote Originally Posted by KT. View Post
    Oh I was expecting a guide to making meth

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Runnings View Post
    Red Alert 3 looks fun, all I know is Gemma Atkinson sure is hot.
    As for Prince Of Persia, the commercials look really cool with the music and stuff, but the fact that you basically can't die and combat is so simple throws me off.
    RA3 makes me weep. Whilst I enjoy it, I cannot help but feel that the RA series of games has been killed. RA was just awesome, great game, serious story, they did try to give the plot some integrity and even at times some power, there is none of that in RA3. You will like it but...

As for PoP, I hear that it is one of the easiest games ever made. I will still get it and hopefully enjoy it. Okami was easy as hell but what a journey. I am hoping PoP will have enough to compensate.

the eagle
    Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I hear the PoP is very simple, but somewhat addicting. Who knows. I still want it.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Fallout 3 looks awesome. How is the online play on Resistance 2? I'm considering buying it.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shinysides View Post
    Fallout 3 looks awesome. How is the online play on Resistance 2? I'm considering buying it.
    Takes some getting used to. Co op is fun but quite repetitive and doesn't even require skill. I just started to get into the Competitive but if you are into simulation type games, you won't like it because it is arcade like. Think of it like Unreal Tournament but everyone has double the health. If you care about the single player even though you didn't ask, I hate it. It is so ridiculously hard I can't enjoy it, some people might say otherwise that it is too easy. Multiplayer makes up for it though.

All in all, I'd get it just because it is PS3 exclusive and has a pretty addicting but repetitive co op.

Forgot to mention, Fallout 3 is amazing. Maybe not as in depth and beautiful as Oblivion, but still a fun ride. I bet even the people that said they hated the game still put at least 10 hours into it.

the eagle
    Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I've put 21 hours into the online co-op on Resistance 2. I'm fairly impressed with it. If you have an excellent team, then it doesn't take a whole lot of skill to pass a mission, but I've failed plenty because the medics weren't paying attention or the soldiers didn't shield them the right way. Plus, the rumor mill has it that there are new maps on the way as well as new classes/equipment, so that's always a plus.

Honestly, the competitive for me always depends on the map. On maps where I can stick to the borders and just circle on straight deathmatch, I usually end up winning. On the larger maps, not so much. I wish more people would play Skirmish Mode, because that looks like a lot of fun.

As for the single player - fuck that shit. Goddammit. I finished it, it took 8 hours, but Jesus if you thought Resistance: Fall of Man was unforgivingly difficult, just you wait. The CoD4 and CoD: WoW campaigns were tricky, but not hard. Resistance 2 is fucking hard. I beat it on Medium. I still died at least 3 times every level. Sometimes every checkpoint. It's fun, but sweet Jesus is it hard.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yeah I think I'm gonna pick that up along with LBP this weekend.