Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What are you taking/Aspiring to?

Official of Douchebaggery Kozzle's Avatar
    Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default What are you taking/Aspiring to?

What are you taking in school and what do you plan on doing once you finish?

I am currently in my 3rd year of Psychology. I plan on either continuing with my Honours degree and possibly Masters and Ph.D or apply to law school after I graduate. or both.
    Telling stupid people they are idiots since 1987

http://www.georgehernandez.com/h/aaB...nceVsFaith.png

Scito Te Ipsum TheOriginalGrumpySpy's Avatar
    I am not a citizen of Athens or of Greece but of the world.
    Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Currently Weighing 3 of the following Options:

Electrical Engineering Degree -> Masters EE

Electrical Engineering Degree -> Peace Corps

Electrical Engineering Degree -> Law School

The bold ones are currently being strongly considered.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm a PhD student in Engineering doing... "research" for a... thesis

(I'm laughing/crying maniacally on the inside.)

I aspire to not be a complete loser after I fail at completing my PhD.

PANDAS
    If you don't like them, then get the fuck out.

Quote Originally Posted by Think View Post
    Atheists are quite right

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm an electrical engineering student in my sophomore year at Drexel. I am currently doing a coop for the navy as an assistant engineer in an EMC lab(we do 6 months work 6 months school in the 5 year coop program). I want to be some sort of electrical engineer but I'm not sure specifically what I want to do yet. Working in the EMC lab has been kind of fun but I'm not sure if that's what I want to do all the time.

God That Smelled Good linkinkampf19's Avatar
    Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well, I really got into computer since my first one in 1994. So, yeah, I liked video games, like many other kids my age and then some. I wanted to make video games. Then I realized I never analyzed what consists of producing such artistic titles. Art and design was out. Coding is definitely not for me, as I struggled through multiple semesters of a level one Java course, and currently retaking a level two course in it. I really like assembling and designing computers, so that was my affirmative choice. I am currently at Temple University in their IS&T program, taking many pointless classes to get the BA I am looking for. I currently have only five classes after next semester, but it will take two semesters as two of the five are capstones. Hell would I love to just get my diploma now.

Plain and simple? All I want to do is open up my own little shop down the line and build custom computers, repair older ones, and be the regular computer nerd. Money may be tight, but at least I should be happy doing what I do best.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I am currently an electrician apprentice going to school for 5 years and working at the Pentagon in the meantime.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I dropped out of high school about 6 years ago to work in the labour industry, did a travel volunteer program called Katimavik that changed my outlook on life and now i am getting my personal life together, as well as my high school, and from there probably pick up some BA as I try to cruise through life enjoying myself as much as possible.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by linkinkampf19 View Post
    I am currently at Temple University in their IS&T program, taking many pointless classes to get the BA I am looking for. .
    You are very close to me.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I work as a pharmacy tech, it's not much of a job, but I enjoy learning about pharmaceuticals. I'm happy where I am at in the meantime, and I plan on going to school when I'm 24 and going for something business or technical related.
    Quote Originally Posted by KT_ View Post
    Yes.

Yesterday I was playing the Mirror's Edge demo while a dude was eating me out. Mirror's Edge is fucking awesome. I'm excited.
    Quote Originally Posted by victrola View Post
    he may be a faggot but in this case he is correct

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm doing a general Arts degree which takes in English, History, Law nad Sociology.
    I'm in first year.

I think I'll end up doing teach or I might go on to do a Masters.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Killuminati View Post
    You are very close to me.
    Yes... I think we talked about that back at the website formerly known as LWS. That was when I was still at Bucks County Community though. Newtown area though. Would be interesting to meet up with a few members in real life, however, I think I remember you as being a bit younger than me. Eh, whatever.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I am majoring in Spanish.

I wouldn't mind teaching in a private elementary school while working on my masters. After that, I don't know. I am open to almost anything that comes my way.
    Quote Originally Posted by sycld View Post
    Nadia.... I'm gonna rep you so fucking hard.
    http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k5...d/nadiaqs3.jpg

Credits
    Trophies
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

When I go back to school, I will be continuing my courses in Audio/Radio production.
    I hear the voices inside my head. They counsel me. They understand. They talk to me.

Quote Originally Posted by djwolford View Post
    You know, when Tidus points out that you have failed at internetting, it's probably time to go ahead and off yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by gwahir View Post
    pepsi reserves the right to tell cryptic to get out at any time

it's in the CD charter

BANNED
    Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I just finished my first semester of classes for my Music Education degree with instrumental certification K-12. I am seriously, seriously seriously considering transferring from my current school to the University of North Texas and switching my major to Jazz Studies.

If I don't end up going there after my sophomore year then I'll finish out my degree at my current school and work for a few years on a cruise ship playing lead trumpet in their house band to save money. Then I want to go to UNT to get a masters in jazz studies and an artist's certificate in trumpet (pretty much is a PhD in trumpet) from them.

I would like to be a studio musician, but really I would be happy if I got to play in a jazz band to make a living. Hell I would spend the rest of my life on a cruise ship if that was the only gig I could get. After a long career of playing I want to teach at the university level teaching trumpet and the school's jazz program.

After all that and I get really old I want to retire somewhere in/on the Mediterranean. Like Dizzy said, "Some days you play and you win. Some days you play and the horn wins. Then you get good enough to where you always win. Then you die and the horn wins."

Credits
    Trophies
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by effingawwesome View Post
    I just finished my first semester of classes for my Music Education degree with instrumental certification K-12. I am seriously, seriously seriously considering transferring from my current school to the University of North Texas and switching my major to Jazz Studies.

If I don't end up going there after my sophomore year then I'll finish out my degree at my current school and work for a few years on a cruise ship playing lead trumpet in their house band to save money. Then I want to go to UNT to get a masters in jazz studies and an artist's certificate in trumpet (pretty much is a PhD in trumpet) from them.

I would like to be a studio musician, but really I would be happy if I got to play in a jazz band to make a living. Hell I would spend the rest of my life on a cruise ship if that was the only gig I could get. After a long career of playing I want to teach at the university level teaching trumpet and the school's jazz program.

After all that and I get really old I want to retire somewhere in/on the Mediterranean. Like Dizzy said, "Some days you play and you win. Some days you play and the horn wins. Then you get good enough to where you always win. Then you die and the horn wins."
    That's the first time I've heard anything like that.
    I hear the voices inside my head. They counsel me. They understand. They talk to me.

You know, when Tidus points out that you have failed at internetting, it's probably time to go ahead and off yourself.

it's in the CD charter

BANNED
    Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi View Post
    anything like what?

Credits
    Trophies
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by effingawwesome View Post
    anything like what?
    Majoring in Trumpet...which is essentially what you are doing.

it's in the CD charter

BANNED
    Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Majoring in Trumpet...which is essentially what you are doing.
    Oh ok. Have you never heard of majoring in Music Performance? It's essentially the same thing but you only play classical music on your instrument. When your degree is complete it says BA in YourInstrumentHere Performance. Plus you have to be fluent in 2 other languages if you're a performance major.

Jazz studies is pretty much music performance but you play jazz instead of classical music. Most people who teach on the collegiate level or play in orchestras have their degrees in performance. I just don't like playing classical music enough to do it.

a wheel within a wheel never ending nor beginning on an ever spinning reel
    Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Aspiring to a degree in Psychology at the most reputable Uni I can manage (Oxford's still the dream)
    Then you know, research psychology, write a couple of books, become Prime Minister.

Credits
    Trophies
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Aspiring to a degree in Psychology at the most reputable Uni I can manage (Oxford's still the dream)
    Then you know, research psychology, write a couple of books, become Prime Minister.
    You should become the queen.

it's in the CD charter

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My major is Entrepreneurship. Not sure what I'm going to do yet. I have a few ideas, but I still have 2.5 years to go.

A very manly muppet Mad Pino Rage's Avatar
    Credits
    Trophies
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Serving out three more years of my military commitment. Maybe reenlist or maybe get out and go to college. Still looking for an interesting pursuit.
    Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.
    Albert Einstein

Take orally. no_brains_no_worries's Avatar
    Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Slaving away in the hopes to get enough money to go back to school. Then, hopefully, go on to major in education (I am well aware of the irony in this.)
    Quote Originally Posted by ozzy View Post
    He came to the states for his birthday and now he's going home in a body bag. That's what you get for sending your child to Utah.
    Quote Originally Posted by raghead View Post
    i would have whipped out my dick in that situation
    Quote Originally Posted by KT. View Post
    News flash, guys can't get pregnant from vaginal sex either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Atmoscheer View Post
    But what is their policy on winning the hearts and minds through forcible vaginal entry?

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

that's because in real universities, you can get degrees in a wide variety of disciplines, unlike in that buttfuck bable college you used to go to.

PANDAS
    If you don't like them, then get the fuck out.

Atheists are quite right

BANNED
    Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

ouch

FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU Anonymous D's Avatar
    Credits
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Industrial Electronics Technology

Once I graduate, me a a buddy plan o go to Iraq and work there for a year or two.

BANNED
    Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Don't get shot.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes... I think we talked about that back at the website formerly known as LWS. That was when I was still at Bucks County Community though. Newtown area though. Would be interesting to meet up with a few members in real life, however, I think I remember you as being a bit younger than me. Eh, whatever.
    I'm 19 and a sophomore. We have parties pretty regularly stop by if you want.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What I would find interesting is if you were a friend of a friend of mine. But yeah, anyway, I'm 25, so that's why I brought up the age issue. Not too big of a gap, but yeah if anything ever comes up, real life meet up for sure. Hell, for that matter, anyone in the area. Parties are always good though.

Credits
    Trophies
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

that's because in real universities, you can get degrees in a wide variety of disciplines, unlike in that buttfuck bable college you used to go to.
    It's not because of the school I go to. I just hadn't heard of it before.

I'm quite aware of the various degrees out there...seeing as I live fifteen minutes from a "real" university.

it's in the CD charter

A very manly muppet Mad Pino Rage's Avatar
    Credits
    Trophies
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Cool

It's not because of the school I go to. I just hadn't heard of it before.

I'm quite aware of the various degrees out there...seeing as I live fifteen minutes from a "real" university.
    I was under the impression that you were an angry 13-year old kid and not old enough to go to post-secondary schooling.
    Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.
    Albert Einstein

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kal El View Post
    I work as a pharmacy tech, it's not much of a job, but I enjoy learning about pharmaceuticals. I'm happy where I am at in the meantime, and I plan on going to school when I'm 24 and going for something business or technical related.
    Heh, I took the PTCE last week.
    I didn't study for it at all, but no matter.

I'm applying to pharmacy colleges this year, and hopefully I'll be a pharmacist in 4.5 years.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm taking the easy way out and being a civil engineer. Hopefully make enough money without working too hard.

Medicine and CS seems too cut-throat, I had a harder time with magnetism, so I was discouraged from being an EE. Plus people will always need bridges and dams and they're not exactly 'complicated'.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wanabedriver View Post
    Plus people will always need bridges and dams and they're not exactly 'complicated'.
    From my short experience with engineering, I have to mention that you need a lot of math and physics to finish up an engineering degree. I screwed up midway through , and I'm in IT now. If math isn't your thing, you may want to rethink your decision. Dams and bridges are pretty damn complicated (I could have made a joke), and you will definitely need to understand the stresses and complications you may face when designing them. The three classes they offered at my school were Statics, Dynamics and Fluid Dynamics, so be prepared to interact with such topics when taking these classes.

Not trying to shoot you down or anything, but it's one of those "be prepared for the worst" situations, and I wasn't prepared.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

From my short experience with engineering, I have to mention that you need a lot of math and physics to finish up an engineering degree. I screwed up midway through , and I'm in IT now. If math isn't your thing, you may want to rethink your decision. Dams and bridges are pretty damn complicated (I could have made a joke), and you will definitely need to understand the stresses and complications you may face when designing them. The three classes they offered at my school were Statics, Dynamics and Fluid Dynamics, so be prepared to interact with such topics when taking these classes.

Not trying to shoot you down or anything, but it's one of those "be prepared for the worst" situations, and I wasn't prepared.
    I have heard terrible things about fluid dynamics. Also I agree, just because you are a civil engineer doesn't mean it's going to be easy, you are still an engineer. You are going to have to take a bunch of math/science classes just like other engineers and as long as your school isn't shitty(or you're a genius) some of them are gonna be pretty fuckin hard. Oh and yea bridges and damns are not exactly simple. While they may look it you have obviously never participated in any kind of bridge contest. You would be made aware how much of a pain in the dick bridges can be.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I made a toothpick bridge in 2nd grade that completely raped the rest of the G.T. class. woo hoo me!

But seriously, I'm going to start taking all the 'fun' classes this year. I'm scheduled for a statics and dynamics class next quarter, and hope to get in an elementary fluid dynamics next quarter. I've survived my 'lower div' physics and math classes, so hopefully things won't be too terrible. I'll let you guys know how I fare.

Honestly, I give props to linkinkampf19 for wanting to just do what your love. At one point, I wanted to be a race car driver. Alas, I was brainwashed to get a job I can tolerate so I have money to play with cars on the side.

Credits
    Trophies
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Pino Rage View Post
    I was under the impression that you were an angry 13-year old kid and not old enough to go to post-secondary schooling.
    That's lovely. In reality I'm an angry 19 year old who went to college for a year and is taking a year off.

it's in the CD charter

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

98% of people who "take a year off" never go back or wait until they are 40ish.

Will that happen to you?

FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU Anonymous D's Avatar
    Credits
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I took a year off.

Then I took another year off.

Then I finally went.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You must be in the 2%.