Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: my customers are the stupidest people known to mankind

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default my customers are the stupidest people known to mankind

I just had some clueless fuck come over to the pharmacy and bug me and ask me where the tylenol infant drops were. Normally I would just say "isle 4, right hand side" but I watched the idiot look for them (and stare right at them) for about 10 minutes before he came over and asked me where they were. I walked out and showed him and he said "oh I didn't see them!" And I just thought "yeah right." The majority of our patient base is just as dense. Anybody else work a customer service job and want to mow down idiots with a machine gun?
    Quote Originally Posted by KT_ View Post
    Yes.

Yesterday I was playing the Mirror's Edge demo while a dude was eating me out. Mirror's Edge is fucking awesome. I'm excited.
    Quote Originally Posted by victrola View Post
    he may be a faggot but in this case he is correct

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This thread sucks and has been done eleventy thousand times.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Two summers of it and it nearly killed me. Never again.

Working in retail/customer service really makes you hate and want to kill people.
    Quote Originally Posted by sycld View Post
    Nadia.... I'm gonna rep you so fucking hard.
    http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k5...d/nadiaqs3.jpg

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You think that's bad? In all the factories I've worked at, the kind of person you just described makes up half the labour force. You only have to deal with them for 5 minutes, tops.

I had to work with them all flippin' day and try to stop them from injuring themselves because there's a shitload of heavy machinery around, or explain a simple job to them several times, show them several times then watch them do it wrong several times until i found something easier for them to do and i picked up their slack.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Maybe he didn't see it.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well he only picked up the box and looked at it and put it back on the shelf. I think people are just so used to just "seeing" things and not reading labels or anything. There are people who legitimately don't see things, but when he picked it off the shelf and looked at it, that really set me off.

coqauvin: had I been in your situation, me being the careless ass I can be at times, probably would have let somebody get hurt. I'm an ass like that.

The thing that set me off and made me as ticked off as I am, is some old lady called and yelled at me because her doctor never called in a prescription for her "runny sneezy nose." I assured her the doctor hadn't called in anything, and I doubt he would for what she had, common sense would have told anybody an anti-histamine would have been the best bet, and there are at least 4 or 5 different over the counter anti-histamines that are inexpensive anybody could afford. After telling her that the doctor never called anything in, she insisted she wanted to talk to "Kerry, Jacking, or Lisa, because they know what they are doing." It was at that moment I wanted to tell her "look you ignorant bitch, do you think I would be allowed to work with your medication if I didn't know what I was doing?" Too bad for her, neither of those 3 mentioned were working, so I told her they'll be back next week (even though they'll be back friday) if they wanted to speak with them.

I'm very bitter tonight.
    Yes.

Yesterday I was playing the Mirror's Edge demo while a dude was eating me out. Mirror's Edge is fucking awesome. I'm excited.

Credits
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

"hi there, this is jem calling from ecteleconferencing, connecting you to your conference call. how're you going?"
    "oh, good thanks -- jim, was it?"
    "jEm."
    "thanks, jim."
    "yes. do you need to go to speaker phone for the conference?"
    "yes. i'll do that now."

---a minute later----

"hi, it's jem again from ect."
    "oh. what happened? i went to speaker phone and you dropped out."
    "actually, sir, i'm afraid you must've hung up on us by accident; i'm just calling you back."
    "oh. well don't do it again, jim. see if you can stay on the line this time."

Credits
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

actually my favourite one is a conference chairperson complaining because he couldn't hear the participants in the call (he had used the "mute all participants" function) and refusing to pay for another conference because the entire conference was filled with orchestral/instrumental music (one of his participants had put the conference on hold) and apparently at the time he did not call for an operator to assist him because that's the kind of thing we regularly work out for conferences if we know it's going on

BANNED
    Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My customers mess up their instruments so I fix them. I don't have to deal with them except for taking their instrument from them and giving it back.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gwahir View Post
    "hi there, this is jem calling from ecteleconferencing, connecting you to your conference call. how're you going?"
    "oh, good thanks -- jim, was it?"
    "jEm."
    "thanks, jim."
    "yes. do you need to go to speaker phone for the conference?"
    "yes. i'll do that now."

---a minute later----

"hi, it's jem again from ect."
    "oh. what happened? i went to speaker phone and you dropped out."
    "actually, sir, i'm afraid you must've hung up on us by accident; i'm just calling you back."
    "oh. well don't do it again, jim. see if you can stay on the line this time."
    I can sort of relate - my sister's name is Kyla, and she is constantly being called Kyle, Skyla, Tyler, Ty, Kyra - pretty much every variation on the name you could possibly have without hitting the right one - and it drives her completely crazy. Even being the schadenfreudistic younger brother, I always call her by her real name (now).

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by coqauvin View Post
    I can sort of relate - my sister's name is Kyla, and she is constantly being called Kyle, Skyla, Tyler, Ty, Kyra - pretty much every variation on the name you could possibly have without hitting the right one - and it drives her completely crazy. Even being the schadenfreudistic younger brother, I always call her by her real name (now).
    That's another thing my patients do, my name is Steven, but when I answer the phone and say "blablabla Pharmacy, This is Steven, how may I help you?" and they always say "Hi David."

Somebody had the nerve to call me Michael once as well.
    Yes.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Try working at a home improvement store, we had idiots return 2 x 4's because they were too short after they sawed them off. At least I don't have to deal with complete idiots where I work now just get a little sprayed with birdshot from time to time if i'm not careful. Then again you'd think they'd see a bright orange 130 horsepower tractor pulling a 6 x 12 dump trailer full of gravel.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm accustomed to stupid customers by now, but I still remember the first one I encountered.

Some uppity southern belle and her friends that look just like her came into the deli asking for a chicken sandwich. I respond by telling her we had grilled chicken, fried chicken, and chicken salad, and asking her which one she wanted.

"Uhhh...just chicken, please."

Slightly annoyed by the woman, I repeat what I had said. I got the same response. After telling her to wait a moment, I went into the kitchen and retrieve samples of the grilled and fried chicken. Through the order window I see that my assistant manager was attempting to get her order as well, with no luck. I returned with the samples, asking her which one she would prefer. She couldn't even tell by the meat's appearance, so I just told her to sample each piece and tell me what she wanted.

In the end she got a turkey sub.
    The fiery red Torino rolled to the curb, we hit the pavement ready for action.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i have a real job

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red_spyder View Post
    i have a real job
    Congratulations. Nice to know you can do something.

Yes.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i have a real job
    Polishing dicks isn't a real job by most people's standards.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dudeman View Post
    Slightly annoyed by the woman, I repeat what I had said. I got the same response. After telling her to wait a moment, I went into the kitchen and retrieve samples of the grilled and fried chicken. Through the order window I see that my assistant manager was attempting to get her order as well, with no luck. I returned with the samples, asking her which one she would prefer. She couldn't even tell by the meat's appearance, so I just told her to sample each piece and tell me what she wanted.

In the end she got a turkey sub.
    Oh man, I used to work in a grocery store Deli, and it was painful trying to get people to make up their mind. In the end I just picked something and made them take it.
    Yes.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i have a real job

manufacturing is just as necessary as paper pushing is just as necessary as the front with which a company delivers products to its customers

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

When I was in school I was a resturant manager for a while. My favorite question was why the food wasn't ready yet. Because the cook hasn't cooked it yet moron. I wanted so badly to tell them if they wanted fash food they should go McDonalds.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have to deal with my mom on a daily basis, so don't complain.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm going to pass on the "I did your mom" joke seeing that it's almost baby Jesus' birthday.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes I have to deal with my own mom on a regular basis, but this is about customers for who you work for, not about mothers.

My mother is just as bad as these morons, but she's my mother, so I don't complain.
    Yes.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I love getting neg rep for no reason. Ah the internet is amazing..

Without a doubt this post will also get neg repped.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Janglez View Post
    I love getting neg rep for no reason. Ah the internet is amazing..

Without a doubt this post will also get neg repped.
    People actually use that shit?

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dudeman View Post
    People actually use that shit?
    X2. That's too hard to find let alone use.

Credits
    Trophies
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

What I really hate is when I'm working at the grill and people bitch about not getting something they didn't order even though they thought they did.

It irritates me.
    I hear the voices inside my head. They counsel me. They understand. They talk to me.

Quote Originally Posted by djwolford View Post
    You know, when Tidus points out that you have failed at internetting, it's probably time to go ahead and off yourself.
    pepsi reserves the right to tell cryptic to get out at any time

it's in the CD charter

Credits
    Trophies
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by coqauvin View Post
    manufacturing is just as necessary as paper pushing is just as necessary as the front with which a company delivers products to its customers
    until us with real jobs make these jobs obsolete with technology

A very manly muppet Mad Pino Rage's Avatar
    Credits
    Trophies
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have not had the misfortune of meeting with an idiot or jerk. Everyone is respectful and courteous. Very chill job.
    Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.
    Albert Einstein

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mutton View Post
    until us with real jobs make these jobs obsolete with technology
    oh right i expect that will happen right about tomorrow

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I worked at Walmart for a summer. Pretty much 'nuf said.

The incident that stands out in my mind is the middle aged soccer mom with the cookware to return. She came in with some pots and pans in a Walmart bag, tags still on (so they were actually from our store, unlike most returns we got). I was filling in for the door greeter's break, so I just said "Hi, would you like to return those?" and she said yes. So I told her I had to put a sticker on the bag to denote them as returns on her WAY UP TO THE SERVICE DESK, and she said OK. So, I put the little green sticker on the bag and told her she could HEAD OVER TO THE SERVICE DESK.

She just stood there.

I asked if she needed anything else. She gets all snappy with me and said "Well my money back would be nice."

I told her that THE SERVICE DESK does that. In response I got "Why did you have to do anything with it then?" I explained that people needed to see the sticker so they'd know she was returning merchandise rather than needing to check out. This got "Do you call ALL of your customer's theives?"

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????

At that point I paged the manager over, who the lady proceeds to go off on for a good 10 minutes about how she just wanted to return these pots, they weren't what she needed, I said I'd do the refund but then I accused her of stealing the pots instead when I'd put the sticker on the bag in the first place, and why couldn't she just get her money back, she had her receipt RIGHT HERE!!!

The manager says "Ma'am, the service desk handles returns. Karl is just filling in for the door greeter's lunch. Why don't I take you up there so that you can return those items".

She then looks at me while saying to my mgr "Well, why couldn't this little SHIT just have said that in the first place?"

They walk among us every day.
    Last edited by Cryptic; 12-25-2008 at 01:51 PM.

Credits
    Trophies
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptic View Post
    I worked at Walmart for a summer. Pretty much 'nuf said.

The incident that stands out in my mind is the middle aged soccer mom with the cookware to return. She came in with some pots and pans in a Walmart bag, tags still on (so they were actually from our store, unlike most returns we got). I was filling in for the door greeter's break, so I just said "Hi, would you like to return those?" and she said yes. So I told her I had to put a sticker on the bag to denote them as returns on her WAY UP TO THE SERVICE DESK, and she said OK. So, I put the little green sticker on the bag and told her she could HEAD OVER TO THE SERVICE DESK.

She just stood there.

I asked if she needed anything else. She gets all snappy with me and said "Well my money back would be nice."

I told her that THE SERVICE DESK does that. In response I got "Why did you have to do anything with it then?" I explained that people needed to see the sticker so they'd know she was returning merchandise rather than needing to check out. This got "Do you call ALL of your customer's theives?"

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????

At that point I paged the manager over, who the lady proceeds to go off on for a good 10 minutes about how she just wanted to return these pots, they weren't what she needed, I said I'd do the refund but then I accused her of stealing the pots instead when I'd put the sticker on the bag in the first place, and why couldn't she just get her money back, she had her receipt RIGHT HERE!!!

The manager says "Ma'am, the service desk handles returns. Karl is just filling in for the door greeter's lunch. Why don't I take you up there so that you can return those items".

She then looks at me while saying to my mgr "Well, why couldn't this little SHIT just have said that in the first place?"

They walk among us every day.
    Your parents misspelled Carl.
    I hear the voices inside my head. They counsel me. They understand. They talk to me.

You know, when Tidus points out that you have failed at internetting, it's probably time to go ahead and off yourself.

it's in the CD charter

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I deal with retards and assholes on the daily. Just because you have a fucking membership to the YMCA does NOT mean that you own the damn place, or that you deserve special fucking treatment. No I will not stay an extra hour without pay so your 3 year old can sit in a pool 3 inches deep and stare at you. Fuck you, no I will not. I also do not care if you've only been in the hot tub for 5 minutes we fucking close at 9:30. There are signs everywhere, learn to read.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kal El View Post
    I just had some clueless fuck come over to the pharmacy and bug me and ask me where the tylenol infant drops were. Normally I would just say "isle 4, right hand side" but I watched the idiot look for them (and stare right at them) for about 10 minutes before he came over and asked me where they were. I walked out and showed him and he said "oh I didn't see them!" And I just thought "yeah right." The majority of our patient base is just as dense. Anybody else work a customer service job and want to mow down idiots with a machine gun?
    It happens sometimes. Nothing is more annoying than a whiny employee who bitches about everything and thinks he is better than those he serves.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jack burden View Post
    It happens sometimes. Nothing is more annoying than a whiny employee who bitches about everything and thinks he is better than those he serves.
    I don't think I'm better, I just think it's annoying when people don't read packaging more correctly.

And nothing is more annoying than a troll (like you) who shits up every thread in the forums with his bitching about peoples bitching. You are at my level with your post, bitching about people who bitch? Class act move there buddy.
    Yes.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kal El View Post
    And nothing is more annoying than a troll (like you) who shits up every thread in the forums with his bitching about peoples bitching. You are at my level with your post, bitching about people who bitch? Class act move there buddy.
    Don't be a cunt. I am criticizing everyone who bitches about their customers. People miss the obvious sometimes. Only when the customer is a jerk does it even make sense to be whining.

Credits
    Trophies
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Don't be a cunt. I am criticizing everyone who bitches about their customers. People miss the obvious sometimes. Only when the customer is a jerk does it even make sense to be whining.
    Yes sir. You did miss the obvious. He said you bitch about people's bitching in every thread...not just this one.

He's right. You are a troll. A bad one at that. Like HYD bad.

it's in the CD charter

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi View Post
    Yes sir. You did miss the obvious. He said you bitch about people's bitching in every thread...not just this one.

He's right. You are a troll. A bad one at that. Like HYD bad.
    As soon as you take your cock out of Kal El's ass I will stop complaining. I understand that's a lot for me to ask, so I will settle for half an inch.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I understand that's a lot for me to ask, so I will settle for half an inch.
    well, that's as long as it is anyways.

(ba-chink)

PANDAS
    If you don't like them, then get the fuck out.

Quote Originally Posted by Think View Post
    Atheists are quite right

Credits
    Trophies
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

As soon as you take your cock out of Kal El's ass I will stop complaining. I understand that's a lot for me to ask, so I will settle for half an inch.
    This is what I'm talking about.

Your whole purpose on this site the whole time has been to pop in every few days and troll.

And I'm not defending Kal El. I'm not supporting him. I'm just pointing out that you missed something. There are times when I've though he was a fucking moron. Those are the times that I just don't post instead of whining about it like you do. Every time I post you bitch and moan about it. Get a fucking clue. Really.

it's in the CD charter

Credits
    Trophies
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sycld View Post
    well, that's as long as it is anyways.

(ba-chink)
    Now jack, that's how you do it. That post deserves a rimshot. (Both ways.) (No homo)

it's in the CD charter