Thread: Please watch our work and say stuff about it!

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Post Please watch our work and say stuff about it!

Hello! My group .flist just finished working on some brand new videos and content and have been looking for places to get feedback. I followed the link from the Something Awful forums and decided to post stuff here. Some people inevitably will hate these, but it doesn't matter to me as long as people are checking them out. I can only hope that some people will enjoy these as well.

I am linking them because I am posting so many things.

Original content to get a feel for our comedy:
    Alex's Drum Time:
    Alex's Guitar Island:

First up is a mini-series called "Svenom" about great wines and great crimes. It is very Twin Peaks influenced and is intended to be humorous.

This is just the first episode. We have three released thus far and you can find them in the related videos.

My dear friend Alex has also finished up his very first comedy album! It is released on two parts on YouTube. It is free, so if there is any interest in downloading it, let me know and I will get it to you somehow.

Any comments or criticisms are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

BANNED
    Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

gay

Strangle Hazard thank mr skeltal's Avatar
    Credits
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Well at least our ads at SA are working.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks guys!

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The voice is kinda annoying.
    Quote Originally Posted by sycld View Post
    Nadia.... I'm gonna rep you so fucking hard.
    http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k5...d/nadiaqs3.jpg

A very manly muppet Mad Pino Rage's Avatar
    Credits
    Trophies
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The music videos: Surreal humor, almost bizarre, but my kind of comedy. Like their style, dude. Repped.
    Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.
    Albert Einstein

the common sense fairy solecistic's Avatar
    Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm leaving this up because it doesn't read like spam (which means it's either genuine or well done enough that I respect it), and the content is actually decent.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I found this video to be more entertaining and of higher masturbatory value.

FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU Anonymous D's Avatar
    Credits
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I loled.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

the music videos were cute

i lol'd

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hey, thanks! I'm glad someone likes them.

What music videos are you talking about?

And I'm no bot. I'm just looking for people to view this stuff because we are having a hard time finding the right audience.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

alex's guitar island made me giggle quite i bit

i couldn't really get into the svenom stuff though

Credits
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Alexs comedy was pretty lame.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by coqauvin View Post
    alex's guitar island made me giggle quite i bit

i couldn't really get into the svenom stuff though
    Do you like Twin Peaks at all?

Anonymous D: You just didn't think it was funny or it is not your style of comedy?

Strangle Hazard thank mr skeltal's Avatar
    Credits
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I watched drum time and guitar island and while they were definitely funny I think, they were kind of too much. Try to make a 10 minutes video like the guitar one, take the best two minutes (toss the rest) and combine it with 3 or 5 other 2 minute clips from other videos.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i've never heard of twin peaks

Credits
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by .flist View Post
    Anonymous D: You just didn't think it was funny or it is not your style of comedy?
    He just told jokes, it wasnt really standup comedy, and they werent really funny. So both.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by coqauvin View Post
    i've never heard of twin peaks
    A shame, really. I fucking love David Lynch.

Fun fact: Twin Peaks premiered the day I was born
    The fiery red Torino rolled to the curb, we hit the pavement ready for action.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dudeman View Post
    A shame, really. I fucking love David Lynch.

Fun fact: Twin Peaks premiered the day I was born
    David Lynch is by far one of our biggest influences. I love roughly everything he has ever done. That's a pretty good day to be born then.

Did you check out Svenom? Whether you like it or not, I would love to hear your opinion of it as a Twin Peaks fan. If anything is close to Twin Peaks, it is probably the score and the theme. But we definitely had some Lynch-inspired ideas for the episodes.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I can definitely see the David Lynch influence in Svenom. While I don't find it funny with the exception of a few parts, it is very appealing. I hope to see some new episodes soon.

Oh, and I reversed that phone conversation in episode two hoping to hear some crazy, deranged message. All I got out of it was that Mr. Harld has a stressed relationship with his wife and has a tendency to speak gibberish when agitated.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

first, let me say that i couldn't stand watching more than like a minute of each movie.

the majority of comedy came from alex's disgusting appearance as well as his "i breath through my mouth because my nasal passages are blockedlol" voice, both of which I take it are real and not acted or added with makeup. i mean these combined with the fact that this epsilon semi-moron is actually taking himself seriously produce all the "humor."

if that was the point, then yes it's kind of funny i suppose, but if that's the case each of these videos could have been cut down to a half or a quarter of their current size and still retain the few pathetic funny moments that there are.

but please note that CD is not suppose to be a refuge for people rejected from SA in case this is why you decided to haunt our forum. kthnxbye

PANDAS
    If you don't like them, then get the fuck out.

Quote Originally Posted by Think View Post
    Atheists are quite right

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dudeman View Post
    I can definitely see the David Lynch influence in Svenom. While I don't find it funny with the exception of a few parts, it is very appealing. I hope to see some new episodes soon.

Oh, and I reversed that phone conversation in episode two hoping to hear some crazy, deranged message. All I got out of it was that Mr. Harld has a stressed relationship with his wife and has a tendency to speak gibberish when agitated.
    Well, thanks! The point was to make it not so much like our other videos, so the humor is a lot more subtle and a little less present.

Also, you caught us on Episode 2. I guess we'll have to remember that people may actually reverse what is being said. The original purpose of the scene was that Harld was just boring Mr. Roots. But instead we threw that reverse on there and make it a segue into the dream-sequence-type-thing. That's great that you dug that far into it though.

Quote Originally Posted by sycld View Post
    first, let me say that i couldn't stand watching more than like a minute of each movie.

the majority of comedy came from alex's disgusting appearance as well as his "i breath through my mouth because my nasal passages are blockedlol" voice, both of which I take it are real and not acted or added with makeup. i mean these combined with the fact that this epsilon semi-moron is actually taking himself seriously produce all the "humor."

if that was the point, then yes it's kind of funny i suppose, but if that's the case each of these videos could have been cut down to a half or a quarter of their current size and still retain the few pathetic funny moments that there are.

but please note that CD is not suppose to be a refuge for people rejected from SA in case this is why you decided to haunt our forum. kthnxbye
    Some people really hate Alex or dislike his appearance. A lot of what we find funny is anti-comedy, something that a lot of people hate. Nothing is really being taken seriously though. Most of the dialogue is just improvised on the spot. It is mostly the character he is playing, because I assure you he isn't like that all the time.

If that is your opinion of Alex, you probably wouldn't enjoy much else that we do. That's perfectly fine though.

As for SA, I have just been finding it difficult to get any kind of comments on our videos, good or bad. I have posted this stuff in other places as well and this has been the only one thus far that has given us any kind of real input whatsoever. A big thank you for that!

Anyhow, I saw the banner for here on SA and I visited and thought I would just see what came of it. I apologize if this behavior offends anyone.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

.flist don't worry about it sycld is just an overly critical homosexual

seriously though, you should really trim the length of those videos to make sure you get only the best bits. keep it short and sweet and try to shake up your characters a little.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I hate to admit it but I really enjoyed Twin Peaks.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Bifford View Post
    I hate to admit it but I really enjoyed Twin Peaks.
    Why do you hate to admit it? That show is probably my favorite show ever and it received great critical praise. It is a shame they stopped after only 2 seasons.

You might like Lars Von Trier's The Kingdom if you liked Twin Peaks. I would highly recommend it to you as well, dudeman.

the common sense fairy solecistic's Avatar
    Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Twin Peaks was awesome. I am not ashamed.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by .flist View Post
    You might like Lars Von Trier's The Kingdom if you liked Twin Peaks. I would highly recommend it to you as well, dudeman.
    I can't say I've seen The Kingdom, but I have watched Dancer in the Dark and Dogville. Dogville had one of the most satisfying endings that I've ever seen.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

For anyone who actually watched the stuff in the thread:

We just posted something new last night. It is a short thing called "T Bird."

I personally think it is our best work to date.

dudeman: Honestly, I haven't really watched anything else of Lars Von Trier, but I'm certainly looking forward to it now after seeing the Kingdom.