Thread: What do you think of this song?

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default What do you think of this song?

So I've been listening to a few mashups lately and I decided to make one of my own, so I did. I'm just asking you to listen to it and give me some feedback. Keep in mind I'm extremely new to this. By the way I used audacity to make this.

zSHARE -

40h
    Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'll put it out there before I critique the song, use Putfile or a similar site to demonstrate songs. I've had experience where I posted a song to Megaupload or Rapidshare for people to download and they say that either they don't want to download files directly to your computer or they can't figure out how to do it. Neither were the case for me, but it's something that should be considered in the future, because it is also something more efficient than downloading the song.

I had a listen and on a scale of 1 to ten, I'd give it a 5, which is good for a beginner. My biggest problem was the quality of the file, either it was EXTREMELY low quality, or the program you used to isolate vocals for each song was dreadful at keeping quality (which in my experience is probably the most true). That said, there were a few smaller problems that I had. The first being the stopping and starting on the guitar track. I noticed you did 3 or 4 bars of the guitar track, stopped while Eminem did another line, and then started it again after another bar, which really lost a lot of the flow that the track may have had. Another problem was the length. The song seemed to stop and then started up again. I usually like that in songs that they're able to lengthen the song, but to be honest I was kind of waiting for the song to end, but that's mostly because I'm not a huge fan of Mash-Ups. It's definitely something you could continue to work on and something at which you could get very good, but it just requires practice, and those problems need to be addressed if you want to continue to do things like that.