Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Scrubs

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thumbs down Scrubs

Does anyone else want to tear out their eyes and fill their ears with concrete everytime you see this program?
    I think its terrible, its just a bunch of hyperactive really annoying doctors and stupid situations and flashbacks/daydreaming that is just predictable and AWFUL.

Seriously, I want to punch all the characters in the face for being so annoying.

And the life lessons are just painful. I know lots of programs do this, but they're extra bad in scrubs.

/rant
    Last edited by ShitFace; 09-22-2008 at 07:59 AM.

the eagle
    Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I watch the old seasons on TV Land. They're actually really well written and funny. These days, the show suffers from Manitee Syndrome.

Credits
    Trophies
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MalReynolds View Post
    I watch the old seasons on TV Land. They're actually really well written and funny. These days, the show suffers from Manitee Syndrome.
    True... I used to love watching the show... now I just find it annoying and did not know why I quit liking it.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MrTroy View Post
    True... I used to love watching the show... now I just find it annoying and did not know why I quit liking it.
    Well this isn't a phenomenon restricted to Scrubs... often the early seasons of a good tv show will be enjoyable because they'll come across as fresh and innovative, but eventually - after you've watched a few seasons - everything becomes formulaic... it's just the way it goes. The writers have to stay with the tone and object of the show otherwise it'll turn into something else, but the side effect of that is boredom on the viewers' part.

the eagle
    Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That's the problem - the tone has completely shifted from being pseudo-serious and entertaining to going to outlandish places every week. In doing this, they've alienated me because of the complete change in tone and realism over the later seasons. The first few were about struggling doctors. These seasons are about smug assholes.

Given the proper progression and consistency, the show could have remained great. I point to Friends - I know that not a lot of people liked it, but the characters changed throughout the seasons and it didn't put me off because it worked well, and was well done. Scrubs... Not so much.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I only get the old episodes on Comedy Central. I wished they would show some newer ones because I'm beginning to think these are re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re reruns.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic View Post
    I only get the old episodes on Comedy Central. I wished they would show some newer ones because I'm beginning to think these are re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re reruns.
    They show the same five episodes over and over on Comedy Central. I don't know why.

Anyways, Scrubs is cool with me.

Merry fucking Christmas Atmosfear's Avatar
    Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I like Scrubs but it's no Always Sunny.

Credits
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Atmosfear View Post
    pretty much nothing is Always Sunny. Always Sunny is one of the funniest shows ever created, period. Maybe even the funniest.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Scrubs is fucking awesome. When the fuck did the new season come out? I've been waiting for it for ages.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MalReynolds View Post
    Whats Manitee syndrome?
    Quote Originally Posted by Malicious Intent View Post
    Scrubs is fucking awesome. When the fuck did the new season come out? I've been waiting for it for ages.
    Did you read the thread at all? Everyone here hates it.

I watched the first few episodes when it came out and I remember finding it funny, but the more I watched the worse it became.
    Now its unbearably terrible I actually want to cause physical harm to myself when I overhear some of the dialogue.

Credits
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I like scrubs

Credits
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ShitFace View Post
    Are you reading the thread? You're the only one who hates it. Mal hates the later episodes, like me, but everyone other than you likes or at least liked the show until it got lousy.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Whats Manitee syndrome?

I watched the first few episodes when it came out and I remember finding it funny

:0

and what the fuck is your problem. Why the fuck can't I like scrubs? Because you don't like it?

Credits
    Trophies
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think it peaked round about the 4th season. There's still some great later episodes (My Way Home, My Life In Four Cameras etc.) but I don't really watch it anymore and if I do, it's background.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

haha what.
    maybe you should punch him/her for not sharing your opinion

Merry fucking Christmas Atmosfear's Avatar
    Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The best episode of Scrubs was actually "My Lunch" from Season 5 (episode 20 I believe.)

It has the transplant donor with rabies that ends of killing all of their patients. "How to Save a Life" by The Fray plays over a montage of Cox and JD losing patients until the last one dies that was Cox's fault. JD says, "Remember what you told me? The second you start blaming yourself for people's deaths, there's no coming back" and Cox replies "Yeah. You're right" and walks out to end the episode.

Everything before that episode was definitely better than everything after it, though.

the eagle
    Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Whats Manitee syndrome?

It's from the Cartoon Wars episode of South Park where the kids find out Family Guy is written by a team of manatees are selecting verb and noun balls out of a tank at random for jokes and non-sequiters in Family Guy.

And I like the old episodes very much.

Credits
    Trophies
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The best episode of Scrubs was actually "My Lunch" from Season 5 (episode 20 I believe.)

It has the transplant donor with rabies that ends of killing all of their patients. "How to Save a Life" by The Fray plays over a montage of Cox and JD losing patients until the last one dies that was Cox's fault. JD says, "Remember what you told me? The second you start blaming yourself for people's deaths, there's no coming back" and Cox replies "Yeah. You're right" and walks out to end the episode.

Everything before that episode was definitely better than everything after it, though.
    I think that episode was ruined by using that God-awful song.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well it seems I've been misunderstood.
    I only mentioned that (what i thought was the majority) didn't like it because I found it amusing that someone was discussing how they liked it with what I thought was a bunch of people who didn't.

It'd be like walking into the labour party room saying "So how about those conservatives huh? Aren't they great?!" maybe not that extreme, but the situation just made me laugh.

Yeah, maybe not everyone hates it like I thought but meh.
    I was just saying, I wasn't being a prick intentionally.
    So yeah, chill the fuck out motherfuckers

edit: yeah, anyone who thinks i dont tolerate others opinions/those who don't share my opinions are fucking idiots.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What is

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

hahaha the lessons are sometimes retarded but I just love stupid humor like that..

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. E View Post
    I like scrubs
    Me too

Credits
    Trophies
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i like scrubs when it's on because i don't actively seek to watch it

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'll watch it if its on but i dont make a point to watch it

Credits
    Trophies
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

scrubs is on tv sometimes and during some of these such times i stay to wa as i transition through channels

Credits
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

that was a fantastic episode

only it was made unbelievably cheap by having cox out of commission for like one episode until jd can give him a really uninspired motivational speech

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I thoroughly enjoy scrubs. As mentioned several times the newer episodes are far from good but I still watch them when they are on. At least its not like that damn House show where every episode is the fucking same with the only difference being its a different disease killing someone, but yet I cant stop from watching the damn thing every time its on
    Last edited by ChedWick; 09-24-2008 at 10:54 AM.

the eagle
    Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I mean, not every episode is the same. I like House because of the slow reveal of the regular cast. It was done better in the earlier seasons, but I do enjoy Kutner, Taub and 13. Although I wish they would lay off 13 for a while. It seems like she's getting an unfair amount of screentime just because she's a hot dying lesbian.

Wait, nevermind.

Also, the PI from last night's episode - also played Private Dancer in one of the stronger Scrubs arcs from the later seasons - might be getting his own spinoff.

the common sense fairy solecistic's Avatar
    Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I fucking hated Private Dancer.

the eagle
    Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Aw.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by solecistic View Post
    I fucking hated Private Dancer.
    I didn't care for him either but I thought the PI guy was alright.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Scrubs is great to sit and watch when stoned, and if you dont like it - dont watch it - why make a thread telling everyone how much you dont like something? Is it because you are so insecure that you are actually worried if you are the only person in the world (or in this case, on the internet) who doesnt like it everyone else will point and laugh at you calling you names like "nancy boy!"

You might as well of given this thread the title "GIVE ME ATTENTION!"

Credits
    Trophies
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mach 5 View Post
    I like to get stoned and watch crap TV programmes.

"GIVE ME ATTENTION!"

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Season 6 + 7 are garbage, but before that it depends which season you watch first. My friend saw season 3 first and that's his favourite season. I saw season 1 first and that's my favourite. The humour is repetitive, but you can still watch around 4 seasons of it and laugh hard.

Good program, but the quality is decreasing fast and has been for a couple of seasons.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mach 5 View Post
    Scrubs is great to sit and watch when stoned, and if you dont like it - dont watch it - why make a thread telling everyone how much you dont like something? Is it because you are so insecure that you are actually worried if you are the only person in the world (or in this case, on the internet) who doesnt like it everyone else will point and laugh at you calling you names like "nancy boy!"

You might as well of given this thread the title "GIVE ME ATTENTION!"
    lol? hardly man.
    The program irritates me so much I just wanted to rant after seeing a bit downstairs, and was curious of anyone else felt the same.

Don't go spouting bullshit about someone you know nothing about, dickhead lol.

edit: also I find it pretty funny/intriguing how you turned a thread about my dislike for a program into insecurity issues. I'm thinking you have some underlying problems being insecure, but feel the need to push it onto others at every given chance so you feel you aren't alone.

Personally I couldn't give two shits what other people think of me, let alone on the fucking internets lol.
    Last edited by ShitFace; 09-25-2008 at 09:16 AM.

a wheel within a wheel never ending nor beginning on an ever spinning reel
    Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Atmosfear, that is my favourite episode, therefore you have good taste.
    We should sit back with a couple of bourbon and cokes and watch it.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Personally I couldn't give two shits what other people think of me, let alone on the fucking internets lol.
    Yea, the way you snapped out totally confirms this.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I just can't stand people who assume they know something about someone after reading one of their posts. It just rubs me up the wrong way.
    Its fucking retarded.

edit: also if you want to think i care then fine, its your choice, whatever makes you happy inside
    Last edited by ShitFace; 09-25-2008 at 01:57 PM.

Credits
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Shitface has proven himself to universally be a little bitch, don't pay him any mind Mach 5