Thread: Wii Fit

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Wii Fit

So for Christmas my grandparents bought our family a Wii. Of course the first thing my parents bought for it was Wii Fit. Now, I am a lazy bastard. I rarely go outside for exercise and spend most of my time sitting at my desk eating food that will probably kill me someday. Surprisingly I've never gone over 200lbs and I tend to stay in the low to mid 190s. I started Wii Fit 2 weeks ago and set a goal to lose 5 lbs in a month.

I've already lost 2 lbs (down to just below 188) and my Wii Fit age has gone from 35 the first time to 25 now (I'm 23) though my BMI is still overweight but whatever. The best thing is I've only 'played' it 3 times. The first time right after Christmas, the second time 6 days later, and today, another 6 days later. I've never spent more than 20 minutes doing any of the exercises, usually 10-15 and most of that was doing the Yoga poses. I gotta say, if it keeps working like it is, the Wii Fit is amazing.

Anybody else use the Wii Fit for what it's actually designed for?

Credits
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

http://primusweb.com/fitnesspartner/...ight/scale.htm

Honestly if the two pounds had anything to do with running around a balance board I'd be surprised. Getting off your ass probably won't hurt (unless you're as fat as the fucks on discovery health, but that's far over 200 pounds) but real fitness requires diet and exercise.

That said the concept does entertain me, and the fact that my girlfriend's newlywed cousin uses two hours of wii fit a day for exercise does even more, but until I can buy it on amazon without using a third party merchant I'm sticking with smash bros and the campus rec center.
    Quote Originally Posted by Atmosfear View Post
    scarf wasn't man enough to do it so queendork pushed herself down the stairs.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes yes, I know, your body weight fluctuates a few pounds throughout the day. However if you tend to have the same eating schedule and weigh in at the same time every day you can assume it's relatively accurate. Considering I haven't been under 190lbs in at least the last 6 months and I haven't done any exercise other than the Wii it's pretty safe to say that it's at least doing SOME good, especially when the alternative is sitting on my fat ass. I myself focus mostly on the yoga exercises and balance games to help get some more flexibility in my body.

Credits
    Trophies
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

if the wii fit age is determined solely by shifting balance 5 times as i remember, it's not a very good indicator

i like the balance game where you shift a holed broad to drop your balls through the hos

you're going to play more often than once every 6 days, right?