Thread: Generated Crisis?

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Generated Crisis?

How can high political figures even say these things on national...even worldwide television?

Collin Powell says straight up on Meet the Press that there will be an "unkown" crisis on or near the Inauguration day of Obama (january 21-22) This was in October, before Obama had won the election.

Just to show how much the public is desensitized by what they see on television since there was no big reaction by the public. The video also has the voice of vice-president Biden, but I rather see visuals with voice that syncs with the lips so that it isn't forge.

So...2 weeks to see what happens.

Then again, it could be one of those October 14 2008 scams. On the other hand, this one was exceedingly far fetched and pronounce by some crazy women while this one is told by the former secretary of defense.

Video:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEv-gX1Or74"]Cut out of Colin Powell's statement[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdwmtwP2frw"]A bit longer interview with Colin Powell[/ame]

Both videos have the vocals of Biden as well.
    "It's no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society"- Jiddu Krishnamurti

"Only when the power of love overcomes the love of power will the world know true peace."-Jimi Hendrix

""They must find it hard, those who have taken authority as the truth, rather then truth as authority""-Gerald Massey

Strangle Hazard thank mr skeltal's Avatar
    Credits
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I think you're reading into that a little too much.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

How is that reading in a little too much? I didn't create any speculations about what this crisis would be. I merely stated that these political figures are publicly denouncing an "unkown" crisis will happen once Obama gets into office.

I don't know but to me it is a strange thing to say in the public eye.
    "It's no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society"- Jiddu Krishnamurti

"Only when the power of love overcomes the love of power will the world know true peace."-Jimi Hendrix

""They must find it hard, those who have taken authority as the truth, rather then truth as authority""-Gerald Massey

Strangle Hazard thank mr skeltal's Avatar
    Credits
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The comments were in regards to the qualifications to handle a crisis as President. It started by the republicans saying it first, to scare people a la the "3AM call" commercial, into thinking about how an inexperienced Obama would handle a crisis. The democrats turned it back around on them to make people think about what would happen with a level-headed person like Obama at the helm.
    It's just scare tactics to use the emotion to fear to get people to vote the way you want them to. It's unfortunately a pretty common political attack tactic.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Conspiracy theories are dumb.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Scarf View Post
    The comments were in regards to the qualifications to handle a crisis as President. It started by the republicans saying it first, to scare people a la the "3AM call" commercial, into thinking about how an inexperienced Obama would handle a crisis. The democrats turned it back around on them to make people think about what would happen with a level-headed person like Obama at the helm.
    It's just scare tactics to use the emotion to fear to get people to vote the way you want them to. It's unfortunately a pretty common political attack tactic.
    Political tactic, yeah make sense. Good point.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jack burden View Post
    Conspiracy theories are dumb.
    Of course, and the fall of the WTC where obviously due to the impacts of the plane...

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kealran View Post
    Of course, and the fall of the WTC where obviously due to the impacts of the plane...
    Oh lord.

Credits
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Just to show how much the public is desensitized by what they see on television since there was no big reaction by the public.
    What? This was an issue during the election and was nothing more than politics as usual. Maybe you're the one that needs to pay attention before spreading around this garbage.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i don't think you possess the level of sarcasm or intelligence to post this as a joke

Credits
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

By combining this with the other stuff Kealran has posted, I think it is safe to assume that he is a worthless idiot

Credits
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Scarf View Post
    The comments were in regards to the qualifications to handle a crisis as President. It started by the republicans saying it first, to scare people a la the "3AM call" commercial,
    lol since when is Hillary Clinton a Republican?

You do know that the 3am thing was all Hillary, right?

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I came here hoping for a news story not some conspiracy theory. Powell could have just been expecting a lot of pissed off rednecks to pull something

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Can someone move this to CI? It's distracting from real humorous WTF news.
    Quote Originally Posted by KT_ View Post
    Yes.

Yesterday I was playing the Mirror's Edge demo while a dude was eating me out. Mirror's Edge is fucking awesome. I'm excited.
    Quote Originally Posted by victrola View Post
    he may be a faggot but in this case he is correct