Thread: What is the next gun you want to get?

FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU Anonymous D's Avatar
    Credits
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default What is the next gun you want to get?

Something you can actually get. Dont say something crazy like a Barret M82.

Im hoping to have enough money to get an M1 Garand when I get my tax return.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If I have enough money left over from my tax return after paying shit off, I'm looking to buy a Glock 27 Subcompact. I loved my dad's, and could definitely use a nice little home defense weapon living where I am.

Credits
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Get a G29.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I actually just got a garand, you should get one, they're pretty fun to shoot.

Recently I've been looking into getting a revolver, more specifically a Smith & Wesson. I was thinking on getting something with a smaller frame, but I came across a 586 at a gunshow and I really like the feel, I was ready to buy it, had the money in my hand but the show was in Ohio and I live in Pa, and to buy a handgun I would have had to go through a bunch of government BS, the seller really didn't want to do it and neither did I, so I moved on. I thought of maybe getting a 29 (ode to Dirty Harry) but I'm not sure.

Any thoughts, suggestions?

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If I had the money for it, a Sig Sauer P220. But I also kind of want a revolver.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

A shotgun for home defense and maybe some dove/deer/turkey hunting. Then next is another pistol in a smaller caliber than .45. Probably a 9mm or a .40. Then I hope to get an AR15 style rifle in .308.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous D View Post
    Get a G29.
    Reasons? I really like the .40, but I've honestly never shot anything 10mm. Whats your take?

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm thinking about either a vintage S&W 3 1/2 " M27 or a Pre-64 Winchester M70 .30-06
    Green is the new Red.

Credits
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by srsinternets View Post
    Reasons? I really like the .40, but I've honestly never shot anything 10mm. Whats your take?
    10 MM is like a .40 with a longer case. And the recoil is about the same, My grandfather has a Glock 20 and a S&W 1086 (both 10 MM) they are some of teh best handguns Ive ever shot. For self defense 10 MM is the way to go.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by srsinternets View Post
    If I have enough money left over from my tax return after paying shit off, I'm looking to buy a Glock 27 Subcompact. I loved my dad's, and could definitely use a nice little home defense weapon living where I am.
    If you're stuck on .40 and it's strictly for home defense, I'd go for a G23 or G22. I have a G27 and I would not call it the best thing for home defense. It's a carry weapon.

As for the next gun to get, I'm pretty tapped for now. I just bought that G27 a month ago, and yesterday I picked up an RPK.

But, if I had to choose, I guess I'd go for a Remington 870 with an 18" barrel and extended tube.
    Last edited by John Galt; 01-17-2009 at 02:14 PM. Reason: added RPK image

Credits
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I'm thinking this one

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It's going to be a Taurus revolver. Still deciding between the Judge and an 85 Ultralite.

Credits
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by John Galt View Post
    If you're stuck on .40 and it's strictly for home defense, I'd go for a G23 or G22. I have a G27 and I would not call it the best thing for home defense. It's a carry weapon.

As for the next gun to get, I'm pretty tapped for now. I just bought that G27 a month ago, and yesterday I picked up an RPK.

But, if I had to choose, I guess I'd go for a Remington 870 with an 18" barrel and extended tube.
    My buddy has an RPK just like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. E View Post
    I'm thinking this one
    I have wanted one of those for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by fm2176 View Post
    It's going to be a Taurus revolver. Still deciding between the Judge and an 85 Ultralite.
    Judge

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous D View Post
    My buddy has an RPK just like that.
    I have yet to take it to the range, but I'm told it's extremely accurate. I can't wait for summer to go to an outdoor range and try for a couple-hundred-yard shot.

Judge
    That's the one that'll accept a .410 slug, isn't it?

Yummy.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by John Galt View Post

That's the one that'll accept a .410 slug, isn't it?

Yummy.
    It sure is, I've found them down here for as little as $409. Now if only I could find a dealer who knows the law pertaining to handgun purchases. I plan to get a LA license as soon as I get the chance, but every dealer I have talked to does not know whether active duty military are treated as residents. Virginia and Kentucky both trump LA in this respect. I checked the code and a bunch of other sites and still have yet to find anything on handgun purchases.

Merry fucking Christmas Atmosfear's Avatar
    Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

G25, G29, or G32. It really depends on what's available at the pawn shop and what it's going to run me.

I'm torn between buying it now before Obama changes anything and waiting until I move out of the fraternity house where we aren't supposed to have guns. I also need to arrange to have time to get my concealed carry and whatnot, but if I end up moving to London then it's gonna be a pretty big waste.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm pretty sure that the short barrel of the GLOCK 29 reduces the velocity of the 10mm bullet to .40S&W levels. I could be wrong, though.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crunker View Post
    I'm pretty sure that the short barrel of the GLOCK 29 reduces the velocity of the 10mm bullet to .40S&W levels. I could be wrong, though.
    Not quite, though the shorter barrel does affect velocity some. Here are a couple of charts I pulled up just now; scroll down on the first to find G26 data.

http://www.greent.com/40Page/ammo/10/10mm-advoc.htm

http://www.firearmstactical.com/test...55sthp-g27.htm

I loves sausage festival! djwolford's Avatar
    Credits
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I'd really like to find myself a good pistol. I really miss my Springfield XD9 so I'm thinking that I might get another one of those or an XDm40.
    Quote Originally Posted by Toki
    Oh, gives to me opposites werewolves that turns to humans whens the moons comes outs!
    Quote Originally Posted by Toki
    We's not goes downs that dusty roads again!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickles
    Toki is that straight vadka? It's not even noon...

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm not really sure what my next purchase will be, school and all is kinda squeezing me financially so it might be a while before I buy.

That being said, I suppose I should get a handgun. I fired a friends springfield xD 45 acp at the pistol range at work the other day. Keeping in mind that a .22 revolver is the only other handgun I have fired it had a good bit of recoil, however I did think it was manageable and something I could get used to. I also found it a bit more comfortable in my hands than a glock I held. Looking at prices around new I'm seeing about 550 bucks.

Although I already have a shotgun I would like to have a short one. I'd keep it legal length just to keep cost down. At a recent trip to a gun shop I seen a mossberg pump 500 12 gauge with a pistol grip on it and minimum legal length priced at 375 bucks. I think I could come out much cheaper with doing the mods myself, however all the 500 series I see have the safety on top which would be a problem if I put a top folder stock on it.

I'm still wishing I could afford the Romanian PSL that is available at the little mom and pop hardware store where I purchased my AK 47. Sigh, 800 bucks is still a good price I suppose considering it was in excellent condition and included the scope.
    "Back in the old, dark days of the internet when men were men, women were men, and children were FBI agents, no one cared what people thought of them"

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Also, forgot to share my last gun purchase, I bought a Marlin Papoose .22 a few weeks ago in Baton Rouge. I don't know if it was my residency status or what (TN resident, never lived there, been buying guns in VA, TN and KY over the past five years) but I actually had to wait a few days to get approved. I'll take the rifle in the backyard one of these weekends. Still don't have my ammo here, but the previous owner of the house left me some .22 long rifle.

I found a used Papoose at another store for $225. Mine was "regularly" $259 but on sale with a sticker price of $189. I ended up walking out the door having spent $180 including tax. I guess it had been further marked down to $165 or so. Now I have two kick-ass takedown .22 rifles.

http://www.marlinfirearms.com/Firear...ding/70PSS.asp

Credits
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Also, forgot to share my last gun purchase, I bought a Marlin Papoose .22 a few weeks ago in Baton Rouge. I don't know if it was my residency status or what (TN resident, never lived there, been buying guns in VA, TN and KY over the past five years) but I actually had to wait a few days to get approved. I'll take the rifle in the backyard one of these weekends. Still don't have my ammo here, but the previous owner of the house left me some .22 long rifle.

I found a used Papoose at another store for $225. Mine was "regularly" $259 but on sale with a sticker price of $189. I ended up walking out the door having spent $180 including tax. I guess it had been further marked down to $165 or so. Now I have two kick-ass takedown .22 rifles.

http://www.marlinfirearms.com/Firear...ding/70PSS.asp
    Nice. And it probably was because you werent from here. When I buy a gun, I pay, get the BG check, and leave with the gun. Takes like 15-20 minutes usually.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That's what it has taken me in KY, TN and VA. I guess LA just doesn't like "foreigners".

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That's what it has taken me in KY, TN and VA. I guess LA just doesn't like "foreigners".
    We don't, and stop eyeballing our women.

I'm thinking about getting something black powder. Cabela's has a howdah pistol I'm looking at.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I've seen much better looking women in Iraq. Now, as for friendliness, I think Livingston has most places beat. I've already gotten a free case of beer and plenty of "thanks" while in uniform. Then again, I've had numerous people in Baton Rouge tell me I'm much more polite than they are used to. Funny how much a difference 10 miles can make.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I've seen much better looking women in Iraq. Now, as for friendliness, I think Livingston has most places beat. I've already gotten a free case of beer and plenty of "thanks" while in uniform. Then again, I've had numerous people in Baton Rouge tell me I'm much more polite than they are used to. Funny how much a difference 10 miles can make.
    Yeah, a lot of our girls joined the Guard and got shipped over. Now if you ever want to see some rude people head over to Lafayette for a day.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by piranhas View Post
    Yeah, a lot of our girls joined the Guard and got shipped over. Now if you ever want to see some rude people head over to Lafayette for a day.
    Spend more than 5 minutes in the Moscow Metro system, hhahah.

Those jerks from lafayette will seem like saints.

Also, I'm back.

Next gun I'm going to buy is either going to be something kalashnik-y or a marlin 1895g stainless that I've wanted for years now.