Thread: Not Okay With Being Single.

can't post; too scared Anonymous's Avatar
    Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Not Okay With Being Single.

I've been single for about two and a half years now. For a while I didn't really care because I was still sleeping around with a few different guys, and being in a relationship didn't really matter.

Now I've grown up and grown past that whole sleeping around phase, and I'd really like to have a meaningful relationship now. The problem is, I'm just far too impatient. And I think I just want the relationship too much. I feel like I'm starting to become so desperate for one, that I'm going to go out with the next schmuck I meet who treats me decently.

I can't seem to be comfortable with the fact that I'm single now. All my friends around me are in relationships, and a few are engaged. And of course, I'm happy for them. But at the same time I'm like, "Well where's my guy?"

Also I can't tell you how many guys have said variations of, "So why no boyfriend?" or "How are you still single?" to me. How the fuck am I supposed to answer that?

I don't know what kind of advice you can offer, and this might be more of a rant than anything, but I'm just sick of feeling lonely and I hate it.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

First of all, Relax!

Why not ask your friends if they can set you up with any "nice" guys?

Or if it is really bothering you, you could always try online dating sites?

Credits
    Trophies
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Question...do you ever try to take the initiative and ask a guy on a date or do you just sit there hoping a guy will ask you?
    I hear the voices inside my head. They counsel me. They understand. They talk to me.

Quote Originally Posted by djwolford View Post
    You know, when Tidus points out that you have failed at internetting, it's probably time to go ahead and off yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by gwahir View Post
    pepsi reserves the right to tell cryptic to get out at any time

it's in the CD charter

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well given your state of desperate helplessness, it may or may not be useful for you to know that when a guy says "Why are you still single?", what they are really saying is "You are attractive, please say something in response that will give me an opening to ask you out".

And yes I do mean EVERY SINGLE TIME.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MrShrike View Post
    Well given your state of desperate helplessness, it may or may not be useful for you to know that when a guy says "Why are you still single?", what they are really saying is "You are attractive, please say something in response that will give me an opening to ask you out".

And yes I do mean EVERY SINGLE TIME.
    Also, from a guys perspectve (in fact, I'll go ahead and say a nice guys perspective) - most nice guys are timid, even shy and would love the opportunity for a girl to come on to them to make it a helluva lot easier.

can't post; too scared Anonymous's Avatar
    Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The way I see it, if a girl asks a guy out, it shows an act of desperation. I believe the guy should ask the girl out.

I think I need to find more opportunities to get out there and meet guys. I'm in my early twenties and I think that's too young for online dating sites. Most of the people on match.com or eharmony.com are looking to settle down long-term, which I'm not ready to do right now.

I think the biggest problem I'm having is that I'm living in a town where there's not a whole lot going on. Maybe once I move out of my hometown and into a bigger city, there'll be more opportunities to meet guys.

Credits
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    The way I see it, if a girl asks a guy out, it shows an act of desperation. I believe the guy should ask the girl out.
    That's old-fashioned and stupid.

Do it wrong and that's how you'll come off. Do it right and you'll come off as sexy, powerful, confident and high-value.

Credits
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Also this: no way you need anything like eharmony or whatever. Look at this.

I was still sleeping around with a few different guys
    We know you can get guys interested in you sexually, clearly.

I feel like I'm starting to become so desperate for one, that I'm going to go out with the next schmuck I meet who treats me decently
    You're good-hearted.

of course, I'm happy for them
    See above.

Also I can't tell you how many guys have said variations of, "So why no boyfriend?" or "How are you still single?" to me. How the fuck am I supposed to answer that?
    Most people who hear this are really nice and smart and fun and great to have around but, to be honest, not that interesting sexually. But we know that's not an issue (see above). So, by simply reviewing ONE POST of yours, it's clear that you are clever, genuine, interesting and sexy (well, either sexy or "easy", but it doesn't sound like you got guys just by being "easy"...). You're the girl that guys want. So you SHOULD be confident, and going out there, and asking out guys you like if you like them. It's not desperate. No guy would ever find it desperate. Ever.

You're lucky that, unlike many others, you have good reason to be confident and self-assured, and if you are those things then you'll never come off desperate.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

No offense meant, but that is such a cop out. Guys don't see it as an act of desperation, they see a girl asking them out, which is hot. If you aren't willing to ask a guy out, you don't want a guy that bad. It isn't gonna kill you to ask him instead of waiting for hi to ask you. Besides, if he is timid, he'll appreciate it all the more.

Credits
    Trophies
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think I need to find more opportunities to get out there and meet guys. I'm in my early twenties and I think that's too young for online dating sites. Most of the people on match.com or eharmony.com are looking to settle down long-term, which I'm not ready to do right now.

I think the biggest problem I'm having is that I'm living in a town where there's not a whole lot going on. Maybe once I move out of my hometown and into a bigger city, there'll be more opportunities to meet guys.
    Totally wrong, it does not show desperation, it did in the 50's or 1800's, but in this day in age it is completely acceptable. I mean, it's not like you have to court HIM around, but ask him to take YOU out, like "you can take me to dinner sometime" or something of the like.

I for one and a pretty shy guy when it comes to females, I can never tell if they are flirting or just being nice, so if a girl actually asked me to take her out, that would be so awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by DickStivers View Post
    I hope I haven't missed my chance to join MrTroy 4 Life
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. E View Post
    I blame Obama. That nigger.
    Quote Originally Posted by benzss View Post
    when mrtroy makes a valid point about your posting, you should probably kill yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by djwolford View Post
    This site was always meant to end with a gay gangbang. It's destiny.
    Quote Originally Posted by ozzy View Post
    I don't consider myself a racist, but I fucking hate niggers.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTroy View Post
    Gwahir and I have this little ongoing tiff. He seems to have that with a number of people who think he is a pretentious faggot.
    Quote Originally Posted by hydro View Post
    I'd rather fuck a child

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The way I see it, if a girl asks a guy out, it shows an act of desperation.
    Do you think it's an act of desperation for a guy to ask a girl out?

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

not all dating sites are as serious as e-harmony or match.com

Quote Originally Posted by gwahir View Post
    You're lucky that, unlike many others, you have good reason to be confident and self-assured, and if you are those things then you'll never come off desperate.

Last edited by sycld; 01-25-2009 at 08:30 PM.

PANDAS
    If you don't like them, then get the fuck out.

Quote Originally Posted by Think View Post
    Atheists are quite right