Thread: HMMWV: Should I or Shouldn't I?

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default HMMWV: Should I or Shouldn't I?

I'm about to go pick up the HMMWV, a "pimped-out" M1025 with Army black and gold paint scheme and alloy rims. No stereo, though, just a couple of inverters in the back. Anyway, I'm going to a birthday party to play the clown, a bunch of little kids will get their picture taken with a real-life Soldier and the Humvee.

So, I was joking about finding some mud on the way back, to which my boss merely replied, "You get it dirty, you clean it." Now, the truck is down to 1/4 tank of gas, the government card is MIA, so I may have to put a few dollars of my own pay into it regardless. Should I take her out for a spin since I'm devoting some of my sparse time off for public relations (possibly even on my own dime)?

Oh yeah, I also took the initiative to repair the headlight switch. Damn heavy duty switch with a plastic insert that stripped. I had to do something, though, since without the switch being operable I'd be running in blackout mode, aka no brake lights or turn signals; civilians around here are bad enough drivers without having a tactical vehicle hogging the road with no signals. Now I have to baby the switch and hope it doesn't strip out again before I get back this evening.

Honestly, I'll probably just take her straight back after the party. But I have yet to have as much fun as I've had in a Humvee. I've had one up to its hood in mud without taking it out of 2WD.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Get it dirty, and take pics.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well, I ended up just driving it there and back. I figured that driving around to find a place to bury it wasn't worth the effort. It was still nice to drive one again, though, and the kids at the party loved it.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Im having a birthday soon. Grab one and I can find some mud. Some of this thick marsh mud.