Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your Ludicrous 09-10 NFL Predictions

Credits
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Default Your Ludicrous 09-10 NFL Predictions

Okay, it is way way too early to predict anything about next year's NFL season seriously, but in here you should put your prophecies and/or dark secret desires about how next season will play out. Here is my purely conjecture-based theory of the playoffs next year.

NFC:
    1. Panthers
    2. Cowboys
    3. Cardinals
    4. Vikings
    5. Eagles
    6. 49ers

AFC:
    1. Patriots
    2. Steelers
    3. Titans
    4. Broncos
    5. Texans
    6. Kansas City

Wild Card:
    Titans d. Kansas City
    Texans d. Broncos
    49ers d. Cardinals
    Eagles d. Vikings

Divisional:
    Texans d. Patriots
    Titans d. Steelers
    49ers d. Panthers
    Eagles d. Cowboys

Conference Finals:
    Texans d. Titans
    49ers d. Eagles

Super Bowl:
    49ers d. Texans

Mine is more deep dark secret desire than prophecy, but your doesn't have to be. Let's have fun with conjecture!

I loves sausage festival! djwolford's Avatar
    Credits
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

My ludicrous prediction says that the Lions will go to the Superbowl and lose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Toki
    Oh, gives to me opposites werewolves that turns to humans whens the moons comes outs!
    Quote Originally Posted by Toki
    We's not goes downs that dusty roads again!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickles
    Toki is that straight vadka? It's not even noon...

Credits
    Trophies
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

NFC EAST
    Cowboys
    Redskins
    Giants
    Eagles

NFC NORTH
    Vikings
    Packers
    Lions
    Bears

NFC South
    Falcons
    Saints
    Panthers
    Buccaneers

NFC West
    Cardinals
    49ers
    Seahawks
    Rams

NFC Wildcard Round

Vikings def. Redskins
    Cardinals def. 49ers

NFC Divisional Round

Cowboys def. Cardinals
    Vikings def. Falcons

NFC Championship

Cowboys def. Vikings

AFC East
    Jets
    Patriots
    Dolphins
    Bills

AFC North
    Ravens
    Steelers
    Browns
    Bengals

AFC South
    Titans
    Texans
    Jaguars
    Colts

AFC West
    Chiefs
    Broncos
    Chargers
    Raiders

AFC Wild Card Round

Chiefs def. Patriots
    Texans def. Jets

AFC Divisional Round

Texans def. Ravens
    Titans def. Chiefs

AFC Championship

Titans def Texans

Superbowl

Cowboys 42 - 38 Titans
    I hear the voices inside my head. They counsel me. They understand. They talk to me.

Quote Originally Posted by djwolford View Post
    You know, when Tidus points out that you have failed at internetting, it's probably time to go ahead and off yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by gwahir View Post
    pepsi reserves the right to tell cryptic to get out at any time

it's in the CD charter

Merry fucking Christmas Atmosfear's Avatar
    Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I don't understand the logic of having the strongest division in the NFC not only have the #1 seed in the playoffs, but subsequently have 0 other playoff teams, especially when you include the Eagles and 49ers as playoff teams.

And Kansas City and Denver making the playoffs? Let's talk about Miami, San Diego, and Baltimore.

Credits
    Trophies
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Atmosfear View Post
    I don't understand the logic of having the strongest division in the NFC not only have the #1 seed in the playoffs, but subsequently have 0 other playoff teams, especially when you include the Eagles and 49ers as playoff teams.

And Kansas City and Denver making the playoffs? Let's talk about Miami, San Diego, and Baltimore.
    you should put your prophecies and/or dark secret desires
    I hear the voices inside my head. They counsel me. They understand. They talk to me.

You know, when Tidus points out that you have failed at internetting, it's probably time to go ahead and off yourself.

it's in the CD charter

Credits
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Well the Saints are the Saints, I expect Ryan to sophmore slump, and the Bucs have a whole new coaching staff on top of all of them being a year older. I don't expect much from the NFC South next year.

San Diego is prolly gonna trade LT, and when they do they are through. Cutler will get his shit together enough to win the division. Miami won't be as strong next year, and the Patriots will be even stronger than they were this year. Baltimore is gonna get cannibalized in its division with a healthy Carson Palmer and Brady Quinn, as well as some interesting retoolings for both plus the Mangenius effect.

That is my logic.

EDIT: Oh yeah, Kasas City will make the playoffs because they are already an offensive powerhouse with Thiggy, they just need defense, and with free agency and good draft picks they will get some. The 49ers finally have a stable quarterback who can soften defenses enough to let Gore tear through them, plus Singletary's defensive mindedness will help them keep points of the other teams scoreboard.
    Last edited by Mr. E; 01-21-2009 at 11:46 AM.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. E View Post
    San Diego is prolly gonna trade LT, and when they do they are through. Cutler will get his shit together enough to win the division. Miami won't be as strong next year, and the Patriots will be even stronger than they were this year. Baltimore is gonna get cannibalized in its division with a healthy Carson Palmer and Brady Quinn, as well as some interesting retoolings for both plus the Mangenius effect.
    When San Diego trades LT, they're stuck with Darren Sproles. It's not like anyone bothered stopping him this season either, despite obvious injury to LT that slowed him down a step. They'll get great trade value for LT as he heads into the end of his career and they'll bolster the defense.

Cutler? Are you kidding me? Denver's problem isn't their quarterback. It's not really even their offense (though a running back would certainly help.) Their defense has more holes than swiss cheese. Kansas City has a better shot at next season's playoffs than Denver because they, on occasion, play defense.

The Pats will be better, obviously, but they draw a lot of strength from personnel decisions. Guess who just left? Miami is built from the inside out. They control the line of scrimmage, and that doesn't just go away.

Carson Palmer and Brady Quinn? Are you fucking kidding me? When has Carson Palmer ever proved to be a winner? One season he had good fantasy numbers, and they made the playoffs for the first time since, what, 1980? Then what happened? Exeunt wildcard. Their problem is that even when their offense works (it doesn't... no offense line, no ground game), their defense is fucking miserable.

And Brady Quinn/Eric Mangini? Really? You think this division is easier than facing the Brady-less Patriots? And you think Brady Quinn is a better quarterback than Brett Favre, and the team has more pieces in place? Really?

EDIT: Oh yeah, Kasas City will make the playoffs because they are already an offensive powerhouse with Thiggy, they just need defense, and with free agency and good draft picks they will get some. The 49ers finally have a stable quarterback who can soften defenses enough to let Gore tear through them, plus Singletary's defensive mindedness will help them keep points of the other teams scoreboard.
    I'm not disagreeing that Kansas City could make the playoffs, but that's because their division is a toss-up between them, the Chargers, and the Raiders. All three of their teams have huge pieces missing (namely, front 7, defense, passing game.) What is not going to happen, however, is for the worst division in football to suddenly spawn two AFC playoff teams.

And as much as I like Mike Singletary, that really isn't very likely. When you're 7-9 in the weakest division in football, it means you aren't very good. San Fransisco doesn't have the defensive talent Singletary needs to make a difference. Will they play hard? Yes. Will they stick to fundamentals and avoid stupid mistakes? Yes. Will Mike Singletary finally get a flop chart and learn clock management? Probably. But that's a division that isn't nearly as wide-open as their records indicate (for all intents and purposes, Arizona could have been a 12-win team if they hadn't coasted once they clinched), and there are a 10 teams in the NFC that are much better than them.

Credits
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Well, you are right about the Broncos. I just chose them to win because I didn't think KC could win the division and I hate the Chargers.

Carson Palmer took the Bengals to the NFC Championship game in 2004 if I recall (or whatever year it was the Steeler's won the Super Bowl last), and will be consistent if he is healthy.

Miami may win their division again, in spite of the fact that I think the Patriots are gonna be monsters next year.

Brady Quinn is better than you are giving him credit for, and the AFC North is an easier division than the AFC East (a Cassel-led Patriots team is still pretty mean, as was evidenced by their season).

The 49ers will be better next year than they were this year and might be able to sneak into the wild card, but that is really just them being my favorite team in the history of forever and I miss them being good.

The Texans could be real nasty next year too. In the second half of this season they finally learned that they have awesome talent and they can play with and beat anyone. Look for them to make there first playoff appearance next year, and that is a real prediction.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Teh Lions will lose.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Why do people think San Diego is going to trade LT?

Credits
    Trophies
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Infernus View Post
    Why do people think San Diego is going to trade LT?
    Injury, Age, Sproles, Money

it's in the CD charter

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hes had one injury riddled season, his career isn't over.He still ran for over 1,000 yards and had over 10 touchdowns. Also he may take a pay cut so they can resign Sproles and run them both in the offense.

Credits
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Also, it is predicted the Chargers will draft Knoshawn Moreno, and if they do it is bye bye LT for sure and they will split carries between Moreno and Sproles and be super effective.

Credits
    Trophies
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

BUCS TO TAKE IT ALL BABY!!!

Credits
    Trophies
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkmike View Post
    BUCS TO TAKE IT ALL BABY!!!
    No. Just no.

Not with Gruden gone. Maybe in three years...maybe.

it's in the CD charter

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Gruden didn't do shit. He coasted off of Dungy's team

Credits
    Trophies
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ltsnead View Post
    Gruden didn't do shit. He coasted off of Dungy's team
    But they've still been contenders even after Johnson, Lynch, and others left.

it's in the CD charter

Credits
    Trophies
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The Bucs WILL will win the superbowl. Guarenteed.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

give them 2 years and a qb i think they can be back to contenders

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Carson Palmer didn't even play in 2004. Kitna was their quarterback and they went like 8-8 or something.

Carson Palmer never led any team to the AFC Championship. They won the AFC North in 2005 and proceeded to lose to the Steelers in the Wildcard round. It's worth mentioning that Palmer got hurt in that game (oh Carson Palmer has injury problems? I HADN'T NOTICED.) They haven't made the Playoffs since.

You can make the argument about potential, but Carson Palmer is not that great of a quarterback. His performance after that season has been dismal and riddled with injury.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Redskins are going to win the Super Bowl.

Credits
    Trophies
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jack burden View Post
    Redskins are going to win the Super Bowl.
    That's like saying the Wizards are going to win the NBA championship this season. Honestly.

it's in the CD charter

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi View Post
    That's like saying the Wizards are going to win the NBA championship this season. Honestly.
    No it's not. For that analogy to work I would have had to say the Lions. Honestly.

Credits
    Trophies
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jack burden View Post
    No it's not. For that analogy to work I would have had to say the Lions. Honestly.
    Fine. The Bucks.

it's in the CD charter

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

NFC:
    1. Panthers (If they banish Delhomme)
    2. Cardinals
    3. Vikings
    4. Giants
    5. Saints
    6. Cowboys

AFC:
    1. Steelers
    2. Texans
    3. Chargers
    4. Dolphins
    5. Colts
    6. Patriots

Wild Card:
    Vikings d. Cowboys
    Saints d. Giants
    Chargers d. Patriots
    Colts d. Dolphins

Divisional:
    Texans d. Chargers
    Steelers d. Colts
    Panthers d. Saints
    Vikings d. Cardinals

Conference Finals:
    Texans d. Steelers
    Panthers d. Vikings

Super Bowl:
    Texans d. Panthers

M.V.P. - Phillip Rivers. Just see.
    D.P.O.Y. - Mario Williams. Reggie Who?
    O.R.O.Y. - Matthew Stafford for managing to get the Lions to 2-14.
    D.R.O.Y. - Aaron Curry, simply because he has the POTENTIAL to make an impact his rookie year.

Credits
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I think the lions could go 4-12, with an option for as good as 6-10

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think the lions could go 4-12, with an option for as good as 6-10
    If they trade for a Defense.

I know this is a thread for ludicrous predictions, but 99% of free agents in the league would go ANYWHERE but a cold, run down city in the middle of a depression. They have to have one HELL of a draft to go 4-12!

Credits
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Not a depression.

But no, they weren't a terrible team this year in spite of their record. They just couldn't close. Look at how good they did against the Colts for instance. They did better than a Vince Young led B-team Titans against the B-team Colts(which isn't saying much, but it is saying something).

With a quarterback who doesn't suck combined with Calvin Johnson and Kevin Smith (who would be a threat if any team was ever concerned about the Lions' passing game) they can go 4-12.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yea seriously not only do the lions suck but I mean detroit is like the shittiest place in the country right now.

edit: and Mr. E while this may not technically be a depression it might as well be. The country is in the shitter right now.

edit2: after googling the difference between a recession and a depression one could easily argue that we are in fact in a depression right now and if we aren't we will be soon.
    Last edited by Killuminati; 02-05-2009 at 10:49 AM.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Not a depression.

But no, they weren't a terrible team this year in spite of their record. They just couldn't close. Look at how good they did against the Colts for instance. They did better than a Vince Young led B-team Titans against the B-team Colts(which isn't saying much, but it is saying something).

With a quarterback who doesn't suck combined with Calvin Johnson and Kevin Smith (who would be a threat if any team was ever concerned about the Lions' passing game) they can go 4-12.
    Reccession. Either way, the industry of the city is in a bad bad way.

And they had a close game or two, but the 1-15 Dolphins were more than 1 game better than these Lions. Those Dolphins PLAYED close games. Detroit didnt. Detroit got blown out very early, and teams just ran. And ran. And ran.

Their O-Line stinks. Their Running game stinks. They need a Tight End. They have no pass rush. Their interior D-Line is terrible. Their Linebacking core is OK at best. Their defensive backfield is terrible.

This team needs more than a Quarterback. And it needs more than Stafford who will probably need 2-3 years to develop into an NFL Quarterback.

Feel free to evaluate them and prove me wrong. I welcome it.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Stafford isn't going to Detroit. He's been working out with KC since the Capital One Bowl

Credits
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

k

Their O-Line stinks, but they'll pick up some help there. Their running game only stinks because their passing game was no threat. With Stafford and Calvin Johnson there will at least be the big play threat to make opposing defenses not play so close, easing the burden on their sucky O-Line and giving Smith room to run. They need a tight end. They don't have a great pass rush, but they can pick up a star or two, including somebody on end who is worth a damn. Their linebacking core is OK. They will probably pick up a safety or at least a corner with their second 1st round pick, so they'll get something.

Stafford may need 2-3 years to become a good NFL quarterback, but I thought the same thing about Aaron Rodgers, Matt Ryan, and Matt Cassel (I know Rodgers and Cassel weren't technically rookies, but I think you can see my meaning). We won't know how good he's going to be until he plays his first regular season game.

And to say that the Lions didn't show up is just not true. They played hard, they just were outcoached by everyone and out-talented by some. They were built to neither comeback nor sustain a lead. Jim Schwartz will be able to fix a lot of those problems, mainly because he has forgotten more about football than Marinelli will ever know. He will at least make them able to sustain a lead, if not comeback also, in this next year, and that alone will be enough to give them a handful of wins.

EDIT: Oh, and KC doesn't need a quarterback, they need a defense. I'm jiggy with Thiggy.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

KC needs a quarterback to open up their playbook

Credits
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Thiggy is a much more dangerous QB than Stafford will be any time soon. Thiggy is a good passer and can run also. They just need to commit to him and give him a defense. After Thiggy was put in charge they lost to San Diego by 1 point twice, lost to the fantastic Dolphins by one touchdown in a high scoring game, and lost to the Jets by 4 points at a time before the Jets fell apart into suck. They lost two games where they scored over thirty points with Thiggy. Can't blame Thiggy. They need D.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Not blaming a QB for a loss doesn't implicitly credit him for a win.

They do need defense, but they aren't losing games on defensive drives. They aren't able to play catchup. Thigpen is managing an offense in infancy

Credits
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

You are right, but then again if they had a defense that was worth something they wouldn't have to play catch-up.

I think that in truth any quarterback could lead the Chiefs to being legitimate contenders in 3-5 years, because they have a young and promising O-line and receiving core, and within that time they can build a defense to go with it. I just have a soft spot for Thiggy I guess because he saved my ass in fantasy, lol.

Of course, all of this is dependent upon who their coach ends up being. If they get Shanahan or some shit like that they aren't going anywhere.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Stafford isn't going to Detroit. He's been working out with KC since the Capital One Bowl
    The Queen of England could be working out with Stafford, still doesnt stop the fact that Detroit has the Number 1 Pick and Martin Mayhew has already fallen in love with him.

The Only way KC gets Stafford is if they offer Detroit a HUGE offer. 1st and 3rd this year, 1st next year, or 1st and 2nd this year and 2nd next year could work. Just speculating. But I dont see Detroit passing on Stafford anytime this century.

You are right, but then again if they had a defense that was worth something they wouldn't have to play catch-up.

I think that in truth any quarterback could lead the Chiefs to being legitimate contenders in 3-5 years, because they have a young and promising O-line and receiving core, and within that time they can build a defense to go with it. I just have a soft spot for Thiggy I guess because he saved my ass in fantasy, lol.

Of course, all of this is dependent upon who their coach ends up being. If they get Shanahan or some shit like that they aren't going anywhere.
    Todd Haley is the main name floating about. And that gets my stamp of approval.

I have drunk gallons of Thigpen Cool-Aide, and I still want more. I think this kid has the potential to be a really good NFL starter. The Chiefs have far bigger needs than QB. Thigpen will ATLEAST play well enough for the next few years until they find a Franchise QB IF Thigpen isnt it.
    Last edited by Nauticat; 02-05-2009 at 12:57 PM.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nauticat View Post
    The Queen of England could be working out with Stafford, still doesnt stop the fact that Detroit has the Number 1 Pick and Martin Mayhew has already fallen in love with him.

The Only way KC gets Stafford is if they offer Detroit a HUGE offer. 1st and 3rd this year, 1st next year, or 1st and 2nd this year and 2nd next year could work. Just speculating. But I dont see Detroit passing on Stafford anytime this century.
    Naive view of the business of football. Take a look at the Jamarcus Russell situation a couple years ago; that was a #1 pick who wanted to play for Oakland. There is a lot more than goes into draft day decisions than simply talent and numbers. If Stafford doesn't want to play there (and, let's be honest, who does?), then it's a dumb move for Detroit to bother drafting him. Granted, Detroit is a franchise known for dumb moves (WR, WR, WR, anyone?), but there's a limit.

Furthermore, you're assuming Detroit is going to pay top dollar for a #1 pick that doesn't solve all of their needs. With Millen gone, you know they are going to trade down because, as a new coaching and front office staff, you can't try to make a splash with a $60 million #1 QB choice when you have a billion other holes to fill. Detroit will trade down and a team that can develop Stafford will take him.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

And, for the record, Kansas City can develop Stafford. They are more than 1 piece away from a playoff run and their QB situation is young but not abysmal.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Naive view of the business of football. Take a look at the Jamarcus Russell situation a couple years ago; that was a #1 pick who wanted to play for Oakland. There is a lot more than goes into draft day decisions than simply talent and numbers. If Stafford doesn't want to play there (and, let's be honest, who does?), then it's a dumb move for Detroit to bother drafting him. Granted, Detroit is a franchise known for dumb moves (WR, WR, WR, anyone?), but there's a limit.

Furthermore, you're assuming Detroit is going to pay top dollar for a #1 pick that doesn't solve all of their needs. With Millen gone, you know they are going to trade down because, as a new coaching and front office staff, you can't try to make a splash with a $60 million #1 QB choice when you have a billion other holes to fill. Detroit will trade down and a team that can develop Stafford will take him.
    Stafford has said ATLEAST 3 times that playing in Detroit wouldnt be an issue with him and he would have no objections to being drafted by them.

I presume you're from Kansas?