Thread: ways to propose

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default ways to propose

So, me and my girlfriend have been together just over 9 months now, we get along great, we both wanna get married soon, and I plan to propose to her for our one year. Any cool ideas? Im planning on takin her out to eat, but Ive never done this before.

Credits
    Trophies
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Get on one knee, make a little speech about how you love her and want to spend your life with her, then open the ring box and ask her to marry you.

It's cheesy and stereotypical, but I know people that have done it.
    I hear the voices inside my head. They counsel me. They understand. They talk to me.

Quote Originally Posted by djwolford View Post
    You know, when Tidus points out that you have failed at internetting, it's probably time to go ahead and off yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by gwahir View Post
    pepsi reserves the right to tell cryptic to get out at any time

it's in the CD charter

I loves sausage festival! djwolford's Avatar
    Credits
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi View Post
    Get on one knee, make a little speech about how you love her and want to spend your life with her, then open the ring box and ask her to marry you.

It's cheesy and stereotypical, but I know people that have done it.
    That's how I did it as well. Whenever it gets to that moment the girl is likely going to go all emotional and stuff because she's being proposed to. So I'm guessing that when it comes down to it how you propose isn't that important in the grand scheme of things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Toki
    Oh, gives to me opposites werewolves that turns to humans whens the moons comes outs!
    We's not goes downs that dusty roads again!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickles
    Toki is that straight vadka? It's not even noon...

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

the one knee is a must.
    make it creative so that it stands out. make sure it isn't TOO cliche, but a little traditional at the same time.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If you were proposing to me I'd want you to take me to my favorite nice restaurant. Towards the end of the meal (while we're eating desserts or something), I'd want you to start talking about how I'm the love of your life, etc and then get on one knee and propose. Afterwards a limo would pick us up and drive us to a nice hotel. You'd have rented the room earlier and sprinkled rose petals everywhere. Sexy lingerie would be awesome too.

I want to get married now

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Congratulations, by the way.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yep, were the only couple that i know (unmarried couples anyway) to make it this long. Before her, my longest relationship was 2 months, and it was terrible. I really do love this girl and cant wait to spend my life with her. Two years ago, I was the dude in high school who wondered if hed get a girlfriend ever...

Scito Te Ipsum TheOriginalGrumpySpy's Avatar
    I am not a citizen of Athens or of Greece but of the world.
    Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Bake some biscuits and put it in one.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

When she's sleeping hide the ring in her vag
    then when you are gettin busy later that night pull it out and be like surprise

BANNED
    Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by raghead View Post
    When she's sleeping hide the ring in her vag
    then when you are gettin busy later that night pull it out and be like surprise
    This made me lol.

The only advice I can give is do NOT do it in front of a big group of people. A restaurant is one thing, but don't do it in some huge public place where tons of attention would be drawn to you. It puts pressure on the girl to say yes (even if she wants to say yes it's still unwanted pressure) and is really embarrassing if she doesn't say yes right away.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by effingawwesome View Post
    The only advice I can give is do NOT do it in front of a big group of people. A restaurant is one thing, but don't do it in some huge public place where tons of attention would be drawn to you. It puts pressure on the girl to say yes (even if she wants to say yes it's still unwanted pressure) and is really embarrassing if she doesn't say yes right away.
    This is the most solid piece of advice here, and totally and completely correct.

PANDAS
    If you don't like them, then get the fuck out.

Quote Originally Posted by Think View Post
    Atheists are quite right

BANNED
    Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I worked at a place where there was thousands of people at one time (medieval times) and people would propose in front of the crowd during the show and it was super cheesy. I always wanted someone to say no but no one ever did.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thats actually an idea she had.

condescending gibberish DickStivers's Avatar
    Credits
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

If you can afford to take her away for the weekend (since it's your one year anniversary, she would never be suspicious), I think this is the way to go. If she has a place (within budget and reason) that she's mentioned wanting to go, make the trip.

I want to be proposed to in the mountains. Anyway, not sure if you've thought about this, but a huge thing for me is that he had better ask my Dad's permission first because I'm traditional like that. So make sure to find out if that is important or expected.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DickStivers View Post
    If you can afford to take her away for the weekend (since it's your one year anniversary, she would never be suspicious), I think this is the way to go. If she has a place (within budget and reason) that she's mentioned wanting to go, make the trip.

I want to be proposed to in the mountains. Anyway, not sure if you've thought about this, but a huge thing for me is that he had better ask my Dad's permission first because I'm traditional like that. So make sure to find out if that is important or expected.
    What if your Dad says no, would you not marry him?

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

She does expect me to ask her dad, anyone else ever had to do that? I know he will say yes but Im still nervous...

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I asked my father-in-law, I just made it pretty casual and inserted it into a conversation that we were already having so it wasn't all weird. He was nonetheless quite pleased that I took the time and effort to ask him.

Credits
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by amac211 View Post
    She does expect me to ask her dad, anyone else ever had to do that? I know he will say yes but Im still nervous...
    Yeah, it's not that bad once you get there and actually start to do it. It's just the time leading up to the question that's a bit hard on the nerves. Oddly enough the proposal itself is the exact same way, or it was for me at least.
    Oh, gives to me opposites werewolves that turns to humans whens the moons comes outs!

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

invite the dad to go out with you and your girlfriend and ask them both at once to save both money and time!

PANDAS
    If you don't like them, then get the fuck out.

Quote Originally Posted by Think View Post
    Atheists are quite right

Credits
    Trophies
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by djwolford View Post
    Yeah, it's not that bad once you get there and actually start to do it. It's just the time leading up to the question that's a bit hard on the nerves. Oddly enough the proposal itself is the exact same way, or it was for me at least.
    How many proposals have you done wolford?
    lik dis if u cry evertim
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. E View Post
    yes
    Quote Originally Posted by KT. View Post
    Oh I was expecting a guide to making meth

Credits
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Don't. It's really easy for stuff to go sour after a year. Unless you've got your undergrad (or old enough to and chose the undegreed life) it's better to just wait, it's not going to kill you to date instead of being married (which is much harder to break off). Hell, you can even live together for that charming "married" feel.

I'm speaking from more or less the exact same experience here, also being of the high school type who didn't really bother dating. Now I've gone through the whirlwind that you're in now (and I lived with her, and then summer came and past, and then it sucked) and it can (and may very well) crash hard. As nice and secure as it feels to actually be in a secure relationship, it's not worth potentially making a judgment error that could haunt you for the rest of your life (or until a judge grants your divorce).

Coincidentally I'm still in that relationship and just happy enough to stay in it, but there for damn sure isn't any marriage talk.

tl;dr: wait
    Quote Originally Posted by Atmosfear View Post
    scarf wasn't man enough to do it so queendork pushed herself down the stairs.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well, she works full time, Im goin to school to be a mechanic, I graduate in march. It would be at least a year after that that we get married.

Credits
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vengeful Scars View Post
    How many proposals have you done wolford?
    Just one. I'm ok with not doing it again until I'm thirty or so.