Thread: Seven Pounds [spoilers]

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Seven Pounds [spoilers]

I just got back from seeing this, thought it was brilliant but in a strange way.

Up until the last 15 minutes I just thought it was being confusing for the sake of being confusing. Then in those last minutes it became a fantastic film. In light of that it's definitely got a re-watch value for me, so i'll be buying the dvd when it comes out.

Anyone else seen it? Thoughts?

Also, Rosario Dawson is a tasty dish.

Scito Te Ipsum TheOriginalGrumpySpy's Avatar
    I am not a citizen of Athens or of Greece but of the world.
    Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I agree, they tried too much mystery for the sake of mystery.

A bit of a tear-jerker though.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheOriginalGrumpySpy View Post
    I agree, they tried too much mystery for the sake of mystery.

A bit of a tear-jerker though.
    Yeah but I must emphasise that's what I thought up until the end. Then all of the mystery was so undeniably well accounted for.

The last 15 minutes made it one of the best films i've seen in a while, but without the preceedings of course it would be useless. Never really appreciated how great the film was until the credits started rolling, and oh boy did I then.

edit: yes very sad.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I found it a little too obvious. I can't remember when I worked it out, but it was much earlier in the film than I think we were supposed to. It was still enjoyable, though, and I had seen a number of interviews beforehand so I was tipped off to an extent.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Me and my brother saw the movie poster in the train station and my brother figured it out immediately. He had some other guesses but this was one of them.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I loved the movie, but then again I am in love with Will Smith. I think Seven Pounds is one of his best films. I cried so much. The only thing that bothered me was that if the main character died because his jellyfish poisoned him, wouldn't most of his organs be useless? However, even if that's a plot hole, I think the symbolism out weighs it.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hydro View Post
    I found it a little too obvious. I can't remember when I worked it out, but it was much earlier in the film than I think we were supposed to. It was still enjoyable, though, and I had seen a number of interviews beforehand so I was tipped off to an extent.
    Quote Originally Posted by mkdisciple View Post
    Me and my brother saw the movie poster in the train station and my brother figured it out immediately. He had some other guesses but this was one of them.
    Maybe i'm just slow, I never am very good at predicting plotlines during a movie/film. I really think I only started to realise once he was asking the doctor what Emily's chances were. Then it started to get awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by KT. View Post
    I loved the movie, but then again I am in love with Will Smith. I think Seven Pounds is one of his best films. I cried so much. The only thing that bothered me was that if the main character died because his jellyfish poisoned him, wouldn't most of his organs be useless? However, even if that's a plot hole, I think the symbolism out weighs it.
    Yeah I thought about that too, but then I realised it was such an obvious point that they'd have to be sure that wouldn't be the case. I haven't bothered to look it up yet.

EDIT: Can anybody explain to me the title of the film? Seven Pounds?

EDIT2: nevermind looked it up (title, not the jellyfish thing)
    Last edited by Mang; 01-29-2009 at 12:39 PM.