Thread: I'm so depressed.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default I'm so depressed.

Last edited by Absolution; 03-18-2010 at 04:23 PM.

Credits
    Trophies
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

any precalculus questions, feel free to ask me or http://physicsforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=155

have you considered using your addiction to your advantage in this situation: shift towards drugs that help you focus, so you can study hard and long

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Haha, well that is awesome that you'd be willing to help me out, I am just like retarded. I'll shoot you a PM tomorrow since I am not doing anything tonight.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I can't stress it enough, start exercising regularly. I could write a novel about the benefits, but here:

http://serendip.brynmawr.edu/bb/neur...eb1/rroth.html
    Quote Originally Posted by KT_ View Post
    Yes.

Yesterday I was playing the Mirror's Edge demo while a dude was eating me out. Mirror's Edge is fucking awesome. I'm excited.
    Quote Originally Posted by victrola View Post
    he may be a faggot but in this case he is correct

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kal El View Post
    I can't stress it enough, start exercising regularly. I could write a novel about the benefits, but here:

http://serendip.brynmawr.edu/bb/neur...eb1/rroth.html
    You know I do have friends who go to the gym on campus, so I guess I could start lifting weights; I'm typing this after doing a quarter of a roxi, barely anything but it goes to show my weak will.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just doing cardio, like going for a run, can help you feel better. Granted it's not an instant fix, it'll take time, but it has done wonders for me.
    Yes.

Yesterday I was playing the Mirror's Edge demo while a dude was eating me out. Mirror's Edge is fucking awesome. I'm excited.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just doing cardio, like going for a run, can help you feel better. Granted it's not an instant fix, it'll take time, but it has done wonders for me.
    It's hard as hell to start though. I tried once, but I just couldn't stick with it.

PANDAS
    If you don't like them, then get the fuck out.

Quote Originally Posted by Think View Post
    Atheists are quite right

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sycld View Post
    It's hard as hell to start though. I tried once, but I just couldn't stick with it.
    Yes it is, that is why you have to force yourself to do it. It's not an easy thing to get into, but it's like a drug. I feel like shit if I miss a workout now.

The best way to get started, is to just look at your schedule. I am not sure how many classes you take or what you do in your free time, but if you have a free hour every 2 or 3 days, go exercise. Basically the key from being depressed is making sure you don't have free time to dwell and think about things. Granted maybe a few hours once a week would be healthy to be able to just think about things, studies have shown that depression usually starts developing when the serotonin and norepenephrine levels in your body begin to decline. Lack of sunlight, healthy diet, social contact with people, and even alcohol can be factors to developing depression. Granted there are also genetic factors that could contribute to depression, most of cases are situational depression.

If you are serious about weight lifting, you should start off slow. For example, 10-15 pounds on dumbells, Do some curling with 20 or 30 pounds (depends on your strength in this case), do some leg workouts, and finish every session with 10-15 minutes on the treadmill. You don't have to run or anything, the goal is to just get your cardiovascular system moving. Having a healthy cardiovascular system ends up making you feel better, and thus making you a happier person.

Also don't eat as much junk food. Try to keep everything in moderation, and plenty of vegetables if you can. I'm not going to write out a whole meal plan, but what you eat affects how you feel, and food that is loaded with unneeded fats is a no go. Food should be a boost of energy.

Exercise isn't a total cure for depression, it's often a good place to start. It takes time for it to really work its way into your system and affect how you feel, but after a few months if you don't at least notice and improvement on how you feel, you should seek counseling and do both exercise and attend counseling. In the end, if those don't work, anti-depressants are always an option, although I personal do not like them. I've tried them and they've killed my sex drive and caused me to put on weight, thus making my mental image of myself lower, thus causing my self-esteem to drop.

If you do the working out route, you will be sore, especially if you are not very active to start with. It improves over time, the key is to not give up.

Here's some more reading that can help:

http://www.vanderbilt.edu/AnS/psycho...depression.htm
    Last edited by Kal El; 01-31-2009 at 06:38 PM.
    Yes.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My guess is once you get this girl out of your life, you'll feel better. Granted, you'll feel worse for a while, but in the long run it's best. I tried to be "best friends" with my first serious girlfriend (nearly 3 years) and in the end, all I did was torture myself and keep myself from moving on while she could not have possibly given a shit less about me. Like you I was lonely and miserable and trying to figure out what kind of relationship I could have with her, doing a lot of drugs, drinking, etc and once I manned up and got her out of my life I did worse for about a month but then I started to see it was the best thing to do for myself.

As for drugs I can't really say too much but I do think that not all use is abuse. I use opiates too, but it harms NOTHING in my life, and I'm not just in denial. I mean seriously, there are people that drink 2 or 3 beers every night after work and it's OK because it helps them "relax", but I'm an addict because I take a pill or 2 a couple times a week? I don't see the difference, honestly. I can't advocate street drugs, though, because you have NO real idea what's in that shit. At least stuff that comes from a pharmacy is regulated.

Also take some time off from school if you just can't seem to get your shit together right now. My brother did that, he went through a period in his life where he had girl problems, health problems, job problems, his life just blew, so he took a year and a half off and it was the best thing he could have ever done.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptic View Post
    My guess is once you get this girl out of your life, you'll feel better. Granted, you'll feel worse for a while, but in the long run it's best. I tried to be "best friends" with my first serious girlfriend (nearly 3 years) and in the end, all I did was torture myself and keep myself from moving on while she could not have possibly given a shit less about me. Like you I was lonely and miserable and trying to figure out what kind of relationship I could have with her, doing a lot of drugs, drinking, etc and once I manned up and got her out of my life I did worse for about a month but then I started to see it was the best thing to do for myself.

As for drugs I can't really say too much but I do think that not all use is abuse. I use opiates too, but it harms NOTHING in my life, and I'm not just in denial. I mean seriously, there are people that drink 2 or 3 beers every night after work and it's OK because it helps them "relax", but I'm an addict because I take a pill or 2 a couple times a week? I don't see the difference, honestly. I can't advocate street drugs, though, because you have NO real idea what's in that shit. At least stuff that comes from a pharmacy is regulated.

Also take some time off from school if you just can't seem to get your shit together right now. My brother did that, he went through a period in his life where he had girl problems, health problems, job problems, his life just blew, so he took a year and a half off and it was the best thing he could have ever done.
    Well I told her that I wanted to stop talking but she thinks of me as her best friend, she always has; but she is now calling me on advice for her boyfriend, and is using me to make him jealous by adding me back on facebook after they broke up (naturally they're back together, you know, one of those 24 hour "break-ups"). How do I tell her to like fuck off without literally saying FUCK OFF because I do want her as a friend but like I'm fucking pissed off, I don't know I'm just not getting anywhere.

As for the gym, I'm gonna hit it up tomorrow with some friends; I did another bag of heroin tonight, meh, and I'm not taking off from school, that's the last thing I need, I'm just not confident about this semester for some reason, probably because of this feeling of sadness that I can't shake.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Another thing I like about being a gym bunny, it gave me some discipline in my life and allowed me to focus on the more important things, and helped me sort out my feelings. It's good to hear you are considering it.
    Yes.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

As hard as it may be to break a friendship you've had for a long time, I think things would be far easier and better for you if you stop talking to this girl. She obviously brings you nothing but stress, and she seems like she's using you. Even if you love her, she's treating you like utter shit. She knows that, but until you stand up for yourself, she probably won't stop. Your best bet in this situation is really to just walk away from her, because even if it hurts, there's other people out there, and you need to do whats best for you. Not her. She obviously doesn't care about you the way you care about her, or she wouldn't use you as an excuse to get back at her current boyfriend. Bottom line; she is using you. Walk away.

Credits
    Trophies
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think the really important thing here is QUIT USING THE FUCKING HEROIN! Of all the things that would not help a situation that has to be right up there with invading Iraq, inviting Sarah Palin to be your campaign running mate and shooting yourself in the leg at a nightclub.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by simonj View Post
    I think the really important thing here is QUIT USING THE FUCKING HEROIN! Of all the things that would not help a situation that has to be right up there with invading Iraq, inviting Sarah Palin to be your campaign running mate and shooting yourself in the leg at a nightclub.
    Easier said then done.

Credits
    Trophies
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Oh I know. But that doesn't mean it shouldn't be a priority.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yea but saying it like that makes it seem otherwise. Opiates are a bitch and even though I haven't ever tried heroin I have done roxi's and oxy's many times and let me tell you after a 5 day binge on roxi's I felt withdrawal on the 6th day. I'm saying while your intention may be good the way you said it wasn't. Absolution I agree with simonj that quitting would probably help you a lot, I know how great it felt when i was stressed/pissed and I would blow a couple roxi's. Everything after that would feel so much better and I wouldn't give a shit about anything anymore. However, it doesn't actually help anything and just puts off the inevitable. You are going to have to deal with everything and escaping through h doesn't help you.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

roxi's and oxy's are the same thing

Roxicodone is the brand name for the instant release formulation of Oxycodone, in 15 and 30mgs. The 5mg's is Oxy IR. Oxycontin is the extended release of Oxycodone. Percocet/Roxicet is the brand name for Oxycodone/APAP.

If you are on opiates, you have to taper yourself down versus just suddenly quiting. Try doing half of whatever you do for a week, then cut back by half again, then stop.
    Yes.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

roxi's and oxy's are the same thing

Roxicodone is the brand name for the instant release formulation of Oxycodone, in 15 and 30mgs. The 5mg's is Oxy IR. Oxycontin is the extended release of Oxycodone. Percocet/Roxicet is the brand name for Oxycodone/APAP.

If you are on opiates, you have to taper yourself down versus just suddenly quiting. Try doing half of whatever you do for a week, then cut back by half again, then stop.
    When I said oxy's I mean Oxycontin. While they both contain oxycodone like you said roxis are instant release. Roxi's have no apap and no coating like generic oxy's do(I don't know about name brand I never had them). I mean come on man I know the difference, but roxi's are the best form of oxycodone around IMO.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Killuminati View Post
    When I said oxy's I mean Oxycontin. While they both contain oxycodone like you said roxis are instant release. Roxi's have no apap and no coating like generic oxy's do(I don't know about name brand I never had them). I mean come on man I know the difference, but roxi's are the best form of oxycodone around IMO.
    Roxi and Oxycodone does not equal Oxycodone/APAP aka Percocet

That's generic percocet. Just because it says Oxycodone on the label for Percocet does not mean its just "Oxycodone."

And your Roxy's are generic Oxycodones. And Percocet doesn't have any coating either, but it has APAP.
    Yes.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Roxi and Oxycodone does not equal Oxycodone/APAP aka Percocet

That's generic percocet. Just because it says Oxycodone on the label for Percocet does not mean its just "Oxycodone."

And your Roxy's are generic Oxycodones. And Percocet doesn't have any coating either, but it has APAP.
    I don't even understand what you are trying to say. I never said roxi and oxycodone equaled percs? roxi's are instant release and amazing with no filler or coating. That makes them the best pill with oxycodone in it. That's it.