#9 Georgia
    #10 Florida
    #12 South Carolina
    #14 Arkansas
    #17 Ole Miss
    $18 Auburn
    #22 Mississippi State
    #23 Tennessee

This was a pretty boring signing day for us, since we pretty much signed the 17 commits and then grabbed Marlon Brown out from under Lane Kiffin. LSU continues to amaze me, but they're the only team in a top 10 state. Ole Miss and Arkansas both had a 5 star recruit en route to classes of 38 and 30, respectively.

Boy am I glad we aren't in the West.

Credits
    Trophies
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Would anyone else like to predict 4 more SEC national championships with me?
    I hear the voices inside my head. They counsel me. They understand. They talk to me.

Quote Originally Posted by djwolford View Post
    You know, when Tidus points out that you have failed at internetting, it's probably time to go ahead and off yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by gwahir View Post
    pepsi reserves the right to tell cryptic to get out at any time

it's in the CD charter

Merry fucking Christmas Atmosfear's Avatar
    Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Recruiting doesn't win football games. A lot of development goes into players between HS and Pros. This is why you are never going to hear of Te'o again (thanks Charlie Weiss.)

Credits
    Trophies
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Unless Te'o transfers.

I'm calling it by his junior year...maybe.
    I hear the voices inside my head. They counsel me. They understand. They talk to me.

You know, when Tidus points out that you have failed at internetting, it's probably time to go ahead and off yourself.

it's in the CD charter

I loves sausage festival! djwolford's Avatar
    Credits
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi View Post
    Florida
    Alabama
    Alabama
    Alabama
    Quote Originally Posted by Toki
    Oh, gives to me opposites werewolves that turns to humans whens the moons comes outs!
    We's not goes downs that dusty roads again!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickles
    Toki is that straight vadka? It's not even noon...

Strangle Hazard thank mr skeltal's Avatar
    Credits
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

lsu
    s. carolina
    lsu
    tennessee

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Rofl south carolina

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

True story I've been out with Garcia he is not stable enough to win a title even if scar didn't have obvious weakness

Credits
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Next 4 National Titles:
    Florida
    Utah
    Tennessee
    USC

True story

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. E View Post
    Next 4 National Titles:
    Florida
    Utah
    Tennessee
    USC

True story
    I lol'd.

I dont buy into ranking recruiting classes. Or signing day.

Just like going from College to the Pro's, taking a High School kid and labelling him a top recruit is stupid. This is not Basketball. Players develop at different rates.

I understand the need for people to analyze everything in the world of sport, but proclaiming a group of young men to be DIFINITIVELY better than another before they have even stepped onto a college football field is pure speculation. And yes, I know most of sports talk is speculation, but I guess this is me simply not understanding some peoples way of doing things. I could very well say that the best recruiting class this year was North Western. Nobody has any basis or legitimacy to say I am wrong.

And if I hear someone say that it is similar to the NFL draft one more time, I may punch them. It is not. Not even close. Stop saying that. It is stupid. (This is aimed at the morons I speak to, not this thread). The only way that it is similar to the NFL Draft is that they both give too much hype to someone who has played the previous years playing at the stage below, and has just about the same chance of being a bust as he does of being Half Decent, let alone good.

I guess this is just me ranting and raving about people pinning their hopes on one person. Or one group of people. Let the players play before you rank them definitively.

Credits
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

lol @ Tennessee winning a national championship in the next four seasons.
    Oh, gives to me opposites werewolves that turns to humans whens the moons comes outs!

Credits
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

lol @ Tennessee winning a national championship in the next four seasons.
    Count on it. Good recruiting class, phenomenal new coaching staff, they'll be there in 3 years (or at least be contenders)

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Um their recruiting class was 10th in the SEC and they lost their #1 recruit to an SEC team

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Plus Wyoming is really reloading this year. They're going to be even meaner than last year.

Dear old Rocky Top, last in the SEC!

Credits
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Atmosfear View Post
    Um their recruiting class was 10th in the SEC and they lost their #1 recruit to an SEC team
    I said good, not the best. I put a lot of value in coaching at the college level. Look at Pete Carrol. He can take mediocre recruits and make them play at a top 25 level, in spite of USC being the most consistently overrated team in the BCS.

Oooh, look at USC. They can manage to only lose 1 game a year in a pretty weak conference and then thrash some Big Ten pushover in a bowl game. They are teh best evar!

Credits
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

My bet says that out of my predictions, I'm batting at least .25. Mr. E out of your predictions, my bet says that you're only batting .25.

Also Tennessee would need a miracle to be nc contenders in the next four years. Like Jesus Christ as a head coach.

Credits
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

My bet says that out of my predictions, I'm batting at least .25. Mr. E out of your predictions, my bet says that you're only batting .25.
    Maybe. I think I could make it to .50

I mean, Florida and USC are pretty fair and reasonable bets. The other two are just hunches, but I think the voters are gonna hand it to Utah sometime soon to boost non-BCS conference morale and try and raise public interest with an underdog angle.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I said good, not the best. I put a lot of value in coaching at the college level. Look at Pete Carrol. He can take mediocre recruits and make them play at a top 25 level, in spite of USC being the most consistently overrated team in the BCS.

Oooh, look at USC. They can manage to only lose 1 game a year in a pretty weak conference and then thrash some Big Ten pushover in a bowl game. They are teh best evar!
    Um is that a joke? USC consistently has top 5 recruiting classes. Pete Carrol obviously develops players but that's hardly a rags to riches story.

Lane Kiffin is getting plenty of hype but he hasn't developed any players himself, either.

Credits
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Atmosfear View Post
    Um is that a joke? USC consistently has top 5 recruiting classes. Pete Carrol obviously develops players but that's hardly a rags to riches story.

Lane Kiffin is getting plenty of hype but he hasn't developed any players himself, either.
    I guess what I am trying to say is I don't take much stock in the value assigned to recruiting classes. Same with the NFL draft, except with players who are obvious exceptions.

Credits
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Maybe. I think I could make it to .50

I mean, Florida and USC are pretty fair and reasonable bets. The other two are just hunches, but I think the voters are gonna hand it to Utah sometime soon to boost non-BCS conference morale and try and raise public interest with an underdog angle.
    Fair enough. I didn't think about USC but they are a pretty sound bet. Florida was my .25, and Alabama could bring me to .50. It depends a lot on how well Star Jackson(After a couple of seasons of development he's going to be fantastic. He's just too small right now imo.) does as a QB and how well the offensive backs adjust to not having that hole in the middle open up via Andre Smith(Watch for Tyler Love to step up and dominate after next season). I think that's really going to give Ingram a chance to shine, and he'll take over the starting spot. If all of those things go the way that I hope they do, Bama is going to be beastly in a couple of years.

Credits
    Trophies
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nauticat View Post
    I lol'd.

I dont buy into ranking recruiting classes. Or signing day.

Just like going from College to the Pro's, taking a High School kid and labelling him a top recruit is stupid. This is not Basketball. Players develop at different rates.

I understand the need for people to analyze everything in the world of sport, but proclaiming a group of young men to be DIFINITIVELY better than another before they have even stepped onto a college football field is pure speculation. And yes, I know most of sports talk is speculation, but I guess this is me simply not understanding some peoples way of doing things. I could very well say that the best recruiting class this year was North Western. Nobody has any basis or legitimacy to say I am wrong.

And if I hear someone say that it is similar to the NFL draft one more time, I may punch them. It is not. Not even close. Stop saying that. It is stupid. (This is aimed at the morons I speak to, not this thread). The only way that it is similar to the NFL Draft is that they both give too much hype to someone who has played the previous years playing at the stage below, and has just about the same chance of being a bust as he does of being Half Decent, let alone good.

I guess this is just me ranting and raving about people pinning their hopes on one person. Or one group of people. Let the players play before you rank them definitively.
    It's all about potential...not how they'd do right away at the next level.

You can just tell that some players have more potential than others.

it's in the CD charter

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It's all about potential...not how they'd do right away at the next level.

You can just tell that some players have more potential than others.
    Oh and I agree with that, just the major issue is people in the sports media world using the word "Definitive Recruiting List". The world is full of opinions, and in sports they are more often wrong than right.

I am a college football fan, but not as much as I am an NFL fan, and although I think of the mentality of building for the future, the way some of these young men are portrayed as stars before they have even stepped on the field is a little bit ridiculous. Kind of like the way Rookies are paid in the NFL.

I really dont think I am putting my thoughts down properly! I do have a point, Its just too late for me to word it correctly.