View Poll Results: Should The List Of 103 Players Be Released?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

4 57.14%
  • No

3 42.86%
  • Undecided

0 0%

Thread: The A-Rod Scandal

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default The A-Rod Scandal

We all know what is going on. The thing I want to discuss is, should MLB release the names of the 103 Baseball players who also failed the test?

There is 2 ways of looking at this.

1) If they release the names, we know who cheated, and who didn't. At the moment, the whole of Baseball is shrouded in a cloud of doubt in EVERYONE. Do they release the names to exonerate those who didnt fail?
    Do the players who have cheated deserve to remain anonymous?

OR

2) The players did this as a tester for MLB to know if they need to do more drug tests. They agreed that it was to be anonymous, and the names should NEVER be released. Does the ends justify the means? Breaking an agreement may not be the best way to go about it, and the players will have insane leverage when they rework the CBA. And, releasing confidential information is the start of a very slippery slope in regards to private information. Do we then want to see players medical records? It's not that far of a leap.

Discuss.

I loves sausage festival! djwolford's Avatar
    Credits
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Well it's going to come out sooner or later, so they might as well throw that information out there. Honestly I don't care about baseball at all though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Toki
    Oh, gives to me opposites werewolves that turns to humans whens the moons comes outs!
    We's not goes downs that dusty roads again!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickles
    Toki is that straight vadka? It's not even noon...

Merry fucking Christmas Atmosfear's Avatar
    Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

All I know is that with the amount of revenue that baseball and sports in general produce in this country, everyone who says "Congress needs to stay out of this" is a fucking idiot and there need to be serious repercussions for these scandals.

I loves sausage festival! djwolford's Avatar
    Credits
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Congress needs to stay out of this and there need to be serious repercussions for these scandals.
    Oh, gives to me opposites werewolves that turns to humans whens the moons comes outs!
    We's not goes downs that dusty roads again!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickles
    Toki is that straight vadka? It's not even noon...

Credits
    Trophies
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

You know, if they all did steroids back then, then shame on them.

If they're not doing steroids now, I really don't care.

It's like with A-Rod. I'm disappointed he did steroids...but he's not doing them now. He's still producing numbers. He came clean. That's what matters.
    I hear the voices inside my head. They counsel me. They understand. They talk to me.

Quote Originally Posted by djwolford View Post
    You know, when Tidus points out that you have failed at internetting, it's probably time to go ahead and off yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by gwahir View Post
    pepsi reserves the right to tell cryptic to get out at any time

it's in the CD charter

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi View Post
    You know, if they all did steroids back then, then shame on them.

If they're not doing steroids now, I really don't care.

It's like with A-Rod. I'm disappointed he did steroids...but he's not doing them now. He's still producing numbers. He came clean. That's what matters.
    The only issue I have with his confession is just over a year ago he was on National TV proclaiming he has never taking any illegal substances. That kind of goes along with the Matthew Stafford in Detroit discussion we had in the other thread.

But if he came out last year and admitted it before he needed to when asked face to face, I may respect him a little bit more, but he has done a hell of alot more than all the other players accused of this by holding his hands up and admitting his mistakes, and for that I do respect the man.

Credits
    Trophies
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nauticat View Post
    The only issue I have with his confession is just over a year ago he was on National TV proclaiming he has never taking any illegal substances. That kind of goes along with the Matthew Stafford in Detroit discussion we had in the other thread.

But if he came out last year and admitted it before he needed to when asked face to face, I may respect him a little bit more, but he has done a hell of alot more than all the other players accused of this by holding his hands up and admitting his mistakes, and for that I do respect the man.
    At least he admitted it at some point. Unlike Barry Bonds, Mark McGwire, etc.
    I hear the voices inside my head. They counsel me. They understand. They talk to me.

Quote Originally Posted by djwolford View Post
    You know, when Tidus points out that you have failed at internetting, it's probably time to go ahead and off yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by gwahir View Post
    pepsi reserves the right to tell cryptic to get out at any time

it's in the CD charter

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi View Post
    At least he admitted it at some point. Unlike Barry Bonds, Mark McGwire, etc.
    Exactly what I said.