Thread: my warranty is shot...

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default my warranty is shot...

On my power supply because i opened it up and the sticker that covers one of the screws is pushed up a little bit.

I already filed an eRMA with Thermaltake and they are sending me a replacement PSU, then i send them my defective one. BUT, i had to enter my credit card info, so if anything is screwy, they can charge me for a new PSU.
    Now, i'm pretty sure they will charge me for a new one if they feel like i voided the warranty.
    Is there any way to "glue" the sticker back onto the power supply and make it look like i didn't open it up?
    I'm thinking about using a little bit of glue from a glue stick and then just pressing down like it was. Hoping that it'll look like it was.
    Bad thing is, the sticker is a little bit torn; but i told the guy on the phone that it was torn because i "had trouble putting it in my case at first". He said it's all good though.

Any ideas?

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Honestly they probably wont care. I ripped open my Toshiba laptop and broke a irreplaceable seal that lined it and sent it in under warranty anyways and they didn't charge me shit for the repairs. As long as nothing is completely fucked or it doesn't look like there has been any physical tampering when they do open it up, they'll probably replace it free of charge.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)