Thread: Fieldrunners Update

Merry fucking Christmas Atmosfear's Avatar
    Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Fieldrunners Update

I know just about everyone with an iPhone or iTouch has Fieldrunners. I'd assume most of you updated to the latest version with Extended mode and the desert map.

What are your thoughts on the two new towers? New map? New Extended mode?

Personally, I thought these new towers are exactly what's been missing. I haven't explored the Burn towers much because I think their utility is short-lived even on easy, but the Cannon tower is perfect. It's got balanced damage scaling and DPS and it's unique range really opens of the strategy possibilities.

The new map is pretty meh in my book because on Medium and Hard the flying creeps are just too strong once you hit 70-80. You can't really get past 100 on any map without some amount of juggling, and the inability to juggle flying creeps just brings the desert map down.

Extended mode is basically noobified Classic mode, and since it's unlocked by finishing Classic mode, it only mostly seems useless. Why would you want to play only to 100 with the new towers when the Unlimited mode is available and doesn't cap you? Dumb.

I hope the next update has (*gasp* say the purists) simple walls. Non-shooting, cheap ($10 or $15) turrets that can redirect flying and ground units. Without these, the desert map is simply indefensible.

Also, I think the turning point of the game for me was when I stopped trying to build mazes that would kill the creeps and started building mazes that gave me room to juggle. I've boosted my top score considerably, especially on Hard, simply by giving up on the idea that I can kill creeps without juggling (especially bosses that escape with only a handful of goddamned life.)

Merry fucking Christmas Atmosfear's Avatar
    Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Also, a splash-slow or upgrade-to-splash slow tower would be a viable alternative to make those flying creeps less broken. Right now the targeting logic of slow towers ends up with all of your towers slowing (read: not stacking) the lead creep while 4 more slip through untouched.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I just played the free version of this game on my friend/co-workers itouch on Friday. I had fun with it for the 20 minutes I used it for.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Is there a way to get it for free