Thread: Gonna buy a DSi what are some good games?

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Gonna buy a DSi what are some good games?

I have heard good things about the DS forever and from my limited experience using one it was pretty fun and a nice handheld system. Now I am seeing this DSi coming out and I think it might be time for me to invest in my first handheld system ever(I never bought a gameboy or anythang). I know it doesn't come out until April 5th but that's not that far away. If anyone who has a DS or who has played one could recommend some good games for it or if there are any games that are on the way that I should get excited about I would appreciate hearing about them.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If you like the old SNES Mario games, get the Mario Bros game. It's awesome. So is Mario Kart DS, which I think is the best Mario Kart, even for a hand held. Advance Wars is great if you like strategy games.

Credits
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Instead wait for a DS Lite price drop and get all of them.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm digging Retro Game Challenge right now. Also consider buying the new Fire Emblem game.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If the DS Lite price does go down I think you should just wait for that, unless you're anticipating some great DS/i games that utilize the camera. Or if you wanna carry your ds every where and use it like a mobile camera, unless you already have a camera on your phone......

Really I see no point in getting a DSi but if you don't have a DS/Lite then you could, but I'd still stick with the DS Lite. Saves you some good money.

But games, this would be my long list:
    The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
    All 3 Castlevania games
    Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles : Rings of Fate [Personally I hated the Gamecube FFCC but this one was pretty amazing, and a sequel is to come out soon]
    Final Fantasy Tactics A2 [Just beat it, put in 60+ hours]
    Final Fantasy IV [Playing right now, It's not really the same as the original, but as a game itself I think its one of the better Final Fantasys currently on the DS]
    Mario Kart DS
    Tetris DS
    Trauma Center 1&2 [Challenging Doctor games]
    Chrono Trigger [Same as the one for SNES, an amazing game, I beat it on SNES already but it was fun to get back into it on my handheld.]

I don't know what else right now, theres a lot of good games, but I don't think you'd want to *buy*(PM me for more information) them.

Anyone with other suggestions or opinions? I was also looking for a list like this.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nermy2k View Post
    Instead wait for a DS Lite price drop and get all of them.
    I definitely want to get that. It seems like it should work with the DSi so as long as it does I will get a DSi. If not though I will probably just wait for a DS Lite price drop.

Quote Originally Posted by crapoo16 View Post
    If the DS Lite price does go down I think you should just wait for that, unless you're anticipating some great DS/i games that utilize the camera. Or if you wanna carry your ds every where and use it like a mobile camera, unless you already have a camera on your phone......

Really I see no point in getting a DSi but if you don't have a DS/Lite then you could, but I'd still stick with the DS Lite. Saves you some good money.

But games, this would be my long list:
    The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
    All 3 Castlevania games
    Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles : Rings of Fate [Personally I hated the Gamecube FFCC but this one was pretty amazing, and a sequel is to come out soon]
    Final Fantasy Tactics A2 [Just beat it, put in 60+ hours]
    Final Fantasy IV [Playing right now, It's not really the same as the original, but as a game itself I think its one of the better Final Fantasys currently on the DS]
    Mario Kart DS
    Tetris DS
    Trauma Center 1&2 [Challenging Doctor games]
    Chrono Trigger [Same as the one for SNES, an amazing game, I beat it on SNES already but it was fun to get back into it on my handheld.]

I don't know what else right now, theres a lot of good games, but I don't think you'd want to *buy*(PM me for more information) them.

Anyone with other suggestions or opinions? I was also looking for a list like this.
    Nice list, those all look like good games. As long as I can get that thing nermy linked to then I will get a DSi. It seems pretty cool and just in case a couple good games come out that utilize it. I'm not that concerned about the price. We'll see though I might just get a Lite anyway. I dunno.

Credits
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Killuminati View Post
    I definitely want to get that. It seems like it should work with the DSi so as long as it does I will get a DSi. If not though I will probably just wait for a DS Lite price drop.

Nice list, those all look like good games. As long as I can get that thing nermy linked to then I will get a DSi. It seems pretty cool and just in case a couple good games come out that utilize it. I'm not that concerned about the price. We'll see though I might just get a Lite anyway. I dunno.
    There are other ones out there too, the one I linked you to is just the one I have and it works great, but I think there are probably better ones out now. From what I read most of them don't work with the DSi yet, but it's basically only a matter of time until they fix that.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just to add to Crapoo's list with the exception of Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Rings of Fate, you should also get:
    Elite Beat Agents
    WarioWare Touched!
    Professor Layton and the Curious Village
    Geometry War Galaxies (though the controls don't give you as much freedom as the console versions)
    Advance Wars (either)
    and Picross DS (people might not like it but I think it's really fun)
    Metroid Prime Bounty Hunter
    Oh yeah and Rhythm Tengoku Gold AKA Rhythm Heaven is super fun it's warioware but with rhythm so it's like Warioware+Elite Beat Agents=Rhythm Heaven.

1 more reason to get the DS lite: If you get a slot-2 device, like the EZFlash V 3in1, you can use the Opera Browser (not sure if you can't without the slot-2 device) and you can play "special" gba games as well.
    Good GBA games
    Golden Sun 1 & 2
    Super Mario Advance 2 &3
    Zelda (which ever is on GBA)
    Metroid Zero Mission and Fusion
    Super Dodgeball
    and finally ALL 4 of the Megaman Zeros
    Last edited by cdc; 02-21-2009 at 04:30 PM.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I too will most likely be getting a DSi since my sister broke a hinge on my DS Lite.

I suggest two games: Amazon.com: Meteos: Video Games@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51rCJGYWVZL.@@AMEPARAM@@51rCJGYWVZL. Meteos is Lumines' fraternal twin and is SUPER addicting. It's an older game, so you might have trouble finding it in stores. Tony Hawk's American Sk8land is a full-fledged cell shaded Tony Hawk game on the DS with online multiplayer; any fan of the series will love this game, but keep in mind that you cannot get off your board and walk in this game (doesn't bother me).
    The fiery red Torino rolled to the curb, we hit the pavement ready for action.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

nermy is right, I didn't check out the link he posted. I have one myself but personally, It's not that great. I'm kinda busy right now so can't really suggest any others. Since thats part of the rules I believe but yeah.

I have what nermy posted and it hasn't been updated forever. The makers basically ditched it now so theres no updates and that is a tragedy with all these great games coming out that won't work. You'll have to patch a lot of games just to get them to work, or just get a different card/chip that is updated more often. Lots of gaming companies are putting in Anti-Piracy shit so yeah. Good luck.

Credits
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Don't forget Pokemon Platinum yo

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You need to get that super shitty dog game that they always advertise, then when it sucks make a thread about it so I can be like "Yeah, I told him to get that game. I knew it was gonna suck ass."

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. E View Post
    Don't forget Pokemon Platinum yo
    I second this notion.

If you were a Pokemon fan in the 90s and the game still holds a spot in your heart I urge you to give it a go, when it comes out.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think I might just get a lite. With all of these good sounding games I should probably be saving as much as possible. As for the card/chip I will look into it and find a good one that has good support.