Thread: Robert Miles - Children (Kage Remix)

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Arrow Robert Miles - Children (Kage Remix)

It's7:25 am, I'm tired and here's my first draft of my Robert Miles - Children remix.

Still unmastered, but what the hey...

Enjoy.

http://www.speedyshare.com/336897667.html

I would suggest having your volume cranked up for this, to fit in all of the bass.

Feel free to lay on the critique.
    Last edited by Kage_; 02-25-2009 at 05:50 AM.

Strangle Hazard thank mr skeltal's Avatar
    Credits
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Except for the "watch beeping" sound effect, I really liked 0:54 through about 3:23 (especially the bass phasing in and out at the end of every 4th measure), the explosion at 2:23 needs a greater variety of sound even if just for 8-16 measures because of the blossom of sound there from the build up. Maybe consider throwing a frequency limiter on parts of the sound in the final moments of that build up as well. There are a few places where the melody is expected but there is nothing there but the treble bass line. Either throw the melody back in or if you want to do something more unique change up the bass line or something there to keep the listener engaged and not disappointed at missing the hook.

The intro before 0:54 sucks, is generic and doesn't match the bass line of the song at all. Sorry there bro The lead-in should either follow the style of the main bass line IMO, or be unique so that when someone knows the song well enough they can be rewarded with a trainspotting by being able to notice it immediately even in a good mix out of another song.