Thread: Dealing with acne and scars

can't post; too scared Anonymous's Avatar
    Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Dealing with acne and scars

Could anyone recommend any facial cleansers? I believe I have 'normal' type skin, not too oily, not too dry.
    I'm going to the store today to pick whatever you guys tell me to get.

I also have quite a few pimple scars on my face, and on my body in general. Could anyone recommend any solution to this?

thanks

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I haven't had big problems with acne on my face for years (I'm 25), but I still get it all over my body. A combination of bad skin and rolling around on dirty mats in brazilian jiu jitsu practice a couple times a week means I look like a flower bed if I don't treat it.

The miracle cure for my body acne has been Neutrogena "body clear" body wash. If I loofah up and use this stuff at least once a day you will not find a bump anywhere on my body. Any acne treatment with salicylic acid as an active ingredient should do the trick. I believe it is also the consensus at acne.org is that any acne treatment that does not have salicylic acid is a waste of time.

Remember to moisturize afterward because this stuff will dry you out quick. I've tried the neutrogena acne face wash but it's really harsh on my skin, so your mileage may vary.