Thread: It finally clicked

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default It finally clicked

When in any sport(not just combat sports) did a technique that you've been working your ass off on just click and you got it?
    For me it was my throws. Last tuesday we were doing live takedown sparring(just takedowns and stand up once someone gets in a definitive position) and I was sparring one of my partners that hadn't been there for a lot of our throwing drills. Eventually I caught a whizzer hook on his right arm and just hit an absolutely perfect throw. The kind where you just go through the motions and the other guy goes flying and it feels like theres no resistance. Everything just clicked at that moment(i've always had to force throws before) and I just understood how to do it. I didn't train again until tonight, and I was sparring one of the most experienced grapplers in our class who is ridiculously hard to takedown. I hit the same throw fucking perfectly and slammed him right into side control. Honestly IMO hitting a perfect throw like that is the most satisfying thing you could ever do in any combat sport. Especially if you end up knocking em out with it lol.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

honestly it's a pretty good feeling when that happens with anything. the last time i had that feeling was actually in chem class, I was just sitting there attempting problems confused as hell and frustrated but all of a sudden with no apparent reason everything just clicked and I completely understood all of it. It was a pretty great feeling. I have yet to have that happen with any of my training but then again my training isn't too important to me, I'm like one of those old people who train for self-improvement (it's gay i know).

I loves sausage festival! djwolford's Avatar
    Credits
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yeah that magical moment is magical. That happens to me with just about every new technique I try to learn. It usually takes me a while to catch on to the mechanics, but then all of a sudden it's just like "Boom! Protein everywhere!" and I've got it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Toki
    Oh, gives to me opposites werewolves that turns to humans whens the moons comes outs!
    Quote Originally Posted by Toki
    We's not goes downs that dusty roads again!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickles
    Toki is that straight vadka? It's not even noon...

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The moment when I realized how to jizz 3 feet in the air was magical

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Wasn't the cleanup not magical?