Thread: Trailer for my next movie.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Trailer for my next movie.

This is my first post and I'm not doing an introduction thread about myself. I was over at LWS, then at CD, and just a few moments ago I popped an e-boner when I saw that CD was back. If you know who I am, cool. If not, you didn't miss much.

Anywho, back at both forums, they had an Arts section for people who were liberals and who wore the same hat that Fidel Castro wore and they would post poems, pictures and photography. While I keep my political beliefs to myself, I took advantage of the forums by posting the movies that I would make. I guess people enjoyed my work, no one ever really said anything negative.

My work has been seen by some non-mainstream celebrities that I'm now friends with. Eric the Midget from the Howard Stern Show (I actually didn't show him my work, my partner did), Perry Caravello from the cult Comedy Central film Windy City Heat, and Toby Radloff from the Oscar-nominated picture American Splendor, who actually makes YouTube and [adult swim] videos. Toby wanted to film his own version of a series of movies we had made about a green sub-human who makes fetish films, but unfortunately with his contract agreements, he couldn't. But we're honored though that at least some thought was put into it, and we also liked the fact that we got YouTube Honors for our work as well.

www.youtube.com/matzarubaa
    www.youtube.com/glasstastesgood

Not every film is for every person, but who knows. Maybe you'll find something you like in there.

Well, I decided to re-tool my vision as a filmmaker, and start doing some serious projects. Now that I'm in college, I can work with people around me who want to get into the same field of work that I want to get in. Taking some advice from friends, I decided to film an experimental film that brings in new elements from things that I've always wanted to convey to film, and to have an interpretation embedded in it somewhere. Here's the for it. (I guess they don't have the YouTube embedding code implemented yet)

Since the film is based in a suburb, it's actually based in the city of Woonsocket, Rhode Island. But I filmed it here in Ohio. Already this is a tl;dr - to explain why it's based in Woonsocket would have to be a whole seperate post altogether. But I did decide to have some fun with this, so I joined the Facebook group called "You Know You're From Woonsocket When..." that has 400+ members, and uploaded the trailer to their video section (it's the only video on there now, so they're bound to see it). Here's the description I gave it:

Hey guys. I'm a filmmaker from a suburb of Cleveland, Ohio, and I wanted to make a film about the darker sides of the suburbs. You know, the things that we always don't see after our neighbors mow their lawns or walk their dogs. And what better to make a movie based on your town, Woonsocket, Rhode Island, a place in which I virtually have no knowledge of whatsoever?

Don't be a stranger. Just hit me with your best shot. This film's pretty much perfect. No bums are in it (unlike the other movie that was based in your city), and be sure to look out for any "You know you're from Woonsocket when..." references! This film's got 'em!

I think you'll all agree with me that your town was shot and portrayed pretty accurately once I upload the film itself around Halloween time. For now, enjoy the trailer, which I feel is a damn good one.

If you know 4chan, then you'll know what meme I copied and pasted some of into the description. The "bums" reference is actually referring to a documentary film called Lost in Woonsocket, which was about two bums who go out and re-discover their families. I hope my message and film causes controversy in the the group.

To even make it even more funnier, I sent the exact same message and YouTube link, only edited to minus "damn" and to give some more information as to who I am, to the Mayor of the city. While I respected who she was and sent my message in a respectful manner (I'm not out to pick a fight with this city, by the way. Just having some fun with it all.), I still kept the lines "Don't be a stranger. Just hit me with your best shot. This film's pretty much perfect." though.

That's it for now, I'll keep everyone updated.

tl;dr I make movies. I want it to be my college major. A guy who was in an Oscar nominated movie wanted to make a movie based on one of my movies. I made a for my newest movie based on a city I've never visited before in my whole life, and I sent an intimidating message about it to the city's citizens and mayor.
    Last edited by Scram Lumpy; 09-27-2008 at 11:15 AM.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Interesting, I'm curious to see the story line for it.

Any chance of an upload for some of us E-fans?

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by llFidoll View Post
    Interesting, I'm curious to see the story line for it.

Any chance of an upload for some of us E-fans?
    The film is going to be uploaded to YouTube, and I'll post it on here like I did before.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

sup its me danny devito

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Infernus View Post
    sup its me danny devito
    Danny, it's an honor to finally meet you.

You've directed one of the most important films in cinematic history - Duplex. What was that like?

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

we met once before bro

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Infernus View Post
    we met once before bro
    I know.

Live Video.

Web cam show.

2 AM.

Only real men partook in that, and you're a real man Danny. A real man.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i guess that one fat lady counts as a man