Thread: Channel 4 Comedians roundup

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Channel 4 Comedians roundup

A few years back Channel 4 did a show counting down the 100 best comedians. Someone editted alot of the clips together into this montage. It is pretty good. Features some Jerry Sadowitz, surprised he allowed this clip to be shown, you will find him defending Garry Glitter, its fucking epic.

Credits
    Trophies
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I've got some Jerry Sadowitz stuff. He's fantastic, but a bit hit and miss at times.

That channel 4 list was terrible though. Some of the entries surprised me in a good way though (Daniel Kitson, Mitch Hedburg, Demetri Martin etc.) but a lot of it was completely contrived and just wrong.

Not to mention the fact that it didn't take into account a lot of the great American comedians. And yet Andrew Dice Clay was on the list.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I've never saw him, know some who have. From what I gather, when he is on form he is one of the finest comedians in the business, I think the consensus in the comedy world is that he could be one of the all time greats if he wanted to, but his failure to compromise his style means he will never get the recognition he feels he deserves. One of these days I will see him, he toured Scotland a few years back but I didn't have the money to see him, my sister did though. Bitch. Those clips of him though in that video are good.