Thread: Warcraft 3 on Vista

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Warcraft 3 on Vista

This may belong in the Gamers Haven, and I've been searching for an answer for over 3 hours.

I got my new computer about 2 months ago, Vista, yeah. Finally decided to install games on it, I only have two, CS, and Warcraft 3. So I install Warcraft 3, works fine, then I try to install Frozen Throne [Warcraft 3 Expansion] but it keeps freezing in the middle at war3x.mpq...or war3x.mqp, close enough right? I remember experiencing the same problem on my XP but i don't recall how I got past it.

Anyways, so I search, can't find anything, just putting this in my regedit.
    C:\\Users\\%USERNAME%\\AppData\\Roaming\\Microsoft \\Windows\\Start
    Menu\\Programs

I don't know if I was supposed to put %USERNAME% or my actual username, either way I tried both, didn't work. Then I realized that I wasn't able to update my Reign of Chaos [Warcraft 3 original], so I found a solution online, to install it outside of Porgram files, and it worked well. So I was like, okay, installing Frozen Throne should hopefully work, but it doesn't, same problem. Then I try again but it says that Warcraft 3 isn't even installed. So I go reinstall it, same thing, don't install in Program Files. And I try to update Reign of Chaos, Doesn't work, try to install Frozen Throne, still freezing.

Well what the fuck its just the same problem over and over and i've been shitting on it for 3 hours or so and I want to fucking play.

Lol nvm Problem solved, I just used my brothers CD's instead... Delete anyone?
    Last edited by crapoo16; 03-01-2009 at 08:39 PM.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I dont know if this is useful, but the Blizzard official site has some bug fixes and patches for WC3 so you might want to take a look there, see if you can find anything. I've got Vista and I haven't had a problem installing it, however my spore keep buggering up.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I am having some trouble on battlenet, can't seem to download any maps, just keeps freezing, but i'll see, I only tried for 1 minute so i'll see. It might have something to do with the fact that my router was setup to let my other computer host and i'm on wireless.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crapoo16 View Post
    I am having some trouble on battlenet, can't seem to download any maps, just keeps freezing, but i'll see, I only tried for 1 minute so i'll see. It might have something to do with the fact that my router was setup to let my other computer host and i'm on wireless.
    If you cant download it on battle.net just try google'ing the update and download it there.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I don't know what did it but it seems to be working now so its all good. I really thought this computer would kick ass for video games but apparently not. I didn't build it myself but I still expected it to be good with 4GB of ram and a dual core processor. I don't know much else about my computer besides that like video card except all I know is its nVidia.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Vista is your problem.

Credits
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo View Post
    Vista is your problem.
    I doubt it since vista and wine are the only platforms I have wc3'd on but ok.
    Quote Originally Posted by Atmosfear View Post
    scarf wasn't man enough to do it so queendork pushed herself down the stairs.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, its not vista, I have WC3 running fine on it.

Credits
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ShitFace View Post
    Yeah, its not vista, I have WC3 running fine on it.
    Vista bashing is all the rage don't you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Atmosfear View Post
    scarf wasn't man enough to do it so queendork pushed herself down the stairs.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Im not saying i hate Vista, even though it has it's major flaws and incredible memory usage. But for a substancial amount of the problems I and my friends / family have encountered with our computers it's been down to Vista doing something wrong. If I could I would install XP on my lappy but there are known compatability issues as far as I am aware.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I guess I'm the only one who loves vista and thinks its the best version of windows to date and has had very few problems.
    A few driver problems here and there but a bit of looking around on the internet and forums solved everything...