Thread: Help me find more games for my 360....

Credits
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Default Help me find more games for my 360....

Ok, MY WIFE bought me a 360 Elite for my birthday, since my ancient 360 crapped out on me. (it wasn't really mine, it was a friend's, but that's a different story).

I hadn't played my 360 in forever, so when I got the new one, I did some digging, ran out and got Mass Effect. I ripped through it in about a week or so, and am now hungry for more games.

What I'm looking for are games with a deep, interesting story. RPGs are preferable.

I've got Mass Effect, Madden '09, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, and a few other randoms.

I'm not a huge fan of first-person shooters on consoles, but if it has a good story I'll probably enjoy it.

Any ideas?

God That Smelled Good linkinkampf19's Avatar
    Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Fable 2 is pretty good so far, but not nearly the depth that I was expecting... then again, I only have just finished the tutorial dungeon

I can say Oblivion again, but everyone knows by now that the PC version trumps it, as mods are available out the ass.

Mercenaries 2 is awesome, albeit a little glitchy. Still doesn't top the first one for the original Xbox.

I am getting Gears of War 2 and Scene It: Box Office Smash (Expertzone ftw) , and both I've played before a bit. Very fun times. GTA IV is still great to play, and especially just fuck around with others in the free for all modes. Lost and Damned looks fucking amazing too.

For some old school beat 'em up fun, Castle Crashers. Still need to get it, and I hope it becomes a Deal of the Week soon.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

GTA IV was fun until I realized there were cheats. Then everything other than killing millions of cops became pointless. I sold that game back to Gamestop.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shinysides View Post
    GTA IV was fun until I realized there were cheats. Then everything other than killing millions of cops became pointless. I sold that game back to Gamestop.
    Well I mean you aren't forced to use cheats. I played through the game and go on rampages without them.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SneeBeezums View Post
    Well I mean you aren't forced to use cheats. I played through the game and go on rampages without them.
    Yeah, I just kind of got bored with the game overall. I mean, I probably put 50+hours of playtime into it, but you can only kill people so many ways.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I suggest both Gears games, Halo 2 (because that's the one I prefer, even though it's old Xbox), Fallout 3 / oblivion. If your into any fighting games, I've heard the new street fighter is good and i've had a lot of fun with DragonBall Z: Burst Limit. If your into RPG's then I cant help you much there because I'm a PS3 owner, but I guess you might want FFXIII when it comes out.

Hope this helps a little

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Fallout 3 is a must.

Credits
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

I have GTA IV (still working through it, it's boring me a bit) and I played fallout 3 & Oblivion on the PC.

I guess what I'm looking for is more of one of those barely-noticed gems that we all run into time to time.

Credits
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Well I mean since you like RPGs with deep stories and stuff there is Lost Odyssey, the new Star Ocean, or Infinite Undiscovery

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Dead Space was fun. But since you can beat the game in a few sittings, you can just rent it or borrow it, unless you find it for super cheap. Other than that, Resident Evil 5 comes out soon.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'll second Dead Space and Fallout 3.

Credits
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Unlike the rest of the world I guess, I did not like Fallout 3. I thought it was the most boring thing I've played in a very long time. Dead Space is ok, but only ok. Maybe I just have weird taste.

the eagle
    Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Tales of Vesperia.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm having a lot of fun out of Halo Wars right now. If you enjoy RTS, check it out. Its not near as confusing to control as you would think.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

GTA IV (for me at least) seemed like the story kinda dived down, then picked up, then diiiived down, and picked up again, over and over. Overall I though it was great, but there were so many dry spots where I had almost completely lost desire to play the game. They do give you plenty of missions to do between people though, which is good. Unless you completely skip one guy, and then have to do ALL of their missions just to proceed. Then it sucks.

Fallout 3 is definitely a great game. Although once I beat it, I kinda lost desire to start again and do all the quests I missed. The level cap is annoying too, but reasonable with the whole use of Perks and skill points. Otherwise within about 20 to 25 extra levels you'd be completely unstoppable, and have nearly every perk at your disposal. You'd think the level cap and inability to switch perks would fuel me to make another character, but it really doesn't for some reason. I tried making an all-melee character but after a while I just ended up maxing out my small guns and using that again anyways.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Infected7 View Post
    I'm having a lot of fun out of Halo Wars right now. If you enjoy RTS, check it out. Its not near as confusing to control as you would think.
    I picture it as a downgraded starcraft, is this the case? Not in graphics but in gameplay due to limits on controls lack of hotkeys, mouse, blah blah. And can you use other "races"? I have so many questions.

Since the 360 does have near-complete backwards compatibility you could scrounge some original xbox games and play the hell out of them.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by srsinternets View Post
    GTA IV (for me at least) seemed like the story kinda dived down, then picked up, then diiiived down, and picked up again, over and over. Overall I though it was great, but there were so many dry spots where I had almost completely lost desire to play the game. They do give you plenty of missions to do between people though, which is good. Unless you completely skip one guy, and then have to do ALL of their missions just to proceed. Then it sucks.

Fallout 3 is definitely a great game. Although once I beat it, I kinda lost desire to start again and do all the quests I missed. The level cap is annoying too, but reasonable with the whole use of Perks and skill points. Otherwise within about 20 to 25 extra levels you'd be completely unstoppable, and have nearly every perk at your disposal. You'd think the level cap and inability to switch perks would fuel me to make another character, but it really doesn't for some reason. I tried making an all-melee character but after a while I just ended up maxing out my small guns and using that again anyways.
    I agree with you completely. GTA IV is just like how you explained it.
    As for Fallout 3, I did the exact same thing you did. I don't really see the replayablity in this game. I beat this game twice, but it was mainly just for the trophies (1st time trophies weren't there yet). But when I was playing the second time, the quests just seemed redundant because you already did them, regardless of the different paths you take.

I found this deal at Gamestop where you trade in two games (from a list), and you get to buy RE 5 for 20$. I'm going to be trading in my GTAIV and Dead Space, because these have the lowest values out of all the games.

Credits
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

wait, Halo Wars is a RTS?

Credits
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes, yes it is. I hear it is quite good, but I haven't played it cause I don't want to buy it blind and my school internet is so awful it would take me like 3 days to download the demo.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Saints Row 2 and Civilization Revolution.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jack burden View Post
    Saints Row 2 and Civilization Revolution.
    omg we should civ sometime

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DaiTengu View Post
    wait, Halo Wars is a RTS?
    From what I've heard it's fairly average, but if you like RTS' then give it a shot. I'm personally waiting for the much anticipated Starcraft 2, Halo doesn't do much for me, and C&C is rubbish.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I've got Call of Duty 5, it's a fun online multiplayer FPS. Also Halo 3, that's a given. The Orange Box is fun if you haven't played Portal before. I just rented Street Fighter 4, if you were a fan of the series this game is great. Takes a little bit of time to get the controls down, but then you're good to go. I was thinking of downloading the Halo Wars demo, haven't heard much about it.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by babar View Post
    I've got Call of Duty 5, it's a fun online multiplayer FPS. Also Halo 3, that's a given. The Orange Box is fun if you haven't played Portal before. I just rented Street Fighter 4, if you were a fan of the series this game is great. Takes a little bit of time to get the controls down, but then you're good to go. I was thinking of downloading the Halo Wars demo, haven't heard much about it.
    Is World at War really CoD5? By saying it is you're guaranteeing that they're not going to come out with a game called Call of Duty 5 and instead the next one will be 6.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm not sure, it's the 5th call of duty. And the next one is called Modern Warfare 2.. does it really matter what I call it?

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Don't get Fable 2. It's a rather large disappointment. Get Tales of Vesperia, you'll love it if you're a fan of RPGs. Crackdown can be bought for >20 dollars now, it's a pretty fun game.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Is World at War really CoD5? By saying it is you're guaranteeing that they're not going to come out with a game called Call of Duty 5 and instead the next one will be 6.
    I've heard a lot of people call it CoD5 who cares. It basically is at this point. If they come out with something down the line that they dub as cod5 then so be it but I don't think they will.

the eagle
    Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

No, it's not CoD5. It'd be like, CoD 6 or 7, depending on if you count United Offensive as a stand-alone game or something. You had CoD, CoD: Finest Hour, CoD2, CoD:BRO, CoD: Roads to Victory, CoD3, CoD:4, CoD:WaW.

Then MW2.

It's not even techincally the fifth game if you go by PC only, instead of console related games. It'd be the sixth after United Offensive.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cdc View Post
    I picture it as a downgraded starcraft, is this the case? Not in graphics but in gameplay due to limits on controls lack of hotkeys, mouse, blah blah. And can you use other "races"? I have so many questions.

Since the 360 does have near-complete backwards compatibility you could scrounge some original xbox games and play the hell out of them.
    In comparison to most PC RTS, its lacking a lot of the features. As far as a console RTS goes and if you're a fan of Halo. Its really fun to play with friends or just play on Skirmishes. Controls are very simple and fluid. Everything is laid out perfectly to send detailed instructions to certain units. I was somewhat worried that it would be difficult to counter units with the 360 controller but its actually really easy, in no time you're zooming around to your multiple bases. The main storyline is all Marines against Covenant and Flood. In the Skirmish and Multiplayer, you get the choice between 6 different leaders with bonuses and unique units.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by srsinternets View Post

I heard tell that there is supposed to be a download out eventually that will raise the level cap to 30; dunno if that means there will be more perks as well or not.

I guess the replayability is supposed to come from taking a different moral approach and/or trying different character builds, but I'm not sure how likely I actually will be to do that once I finish it once.

Credits
    Trophies
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

tom clancy games are good, im not a huge gamer but rainbow 6;vegas 2 is a good one
    YO HO YO HO

ceci n'est pas une signature

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MalReynolds View Post
    No, it's not CoD5. It'd be like, CoD 6 or 7, depending on if you count United Offensive as a stand-alone game or something. You had CoD, CoD: Finest Hour, CoD2, CoD:BRO, CoD: Roads to Victory, CoD3, CoD:4, CoD:WaW.

Then MW2.

It's not even techincally the fifth game if you go by PC only, instead of console related games. It'd be the sixth after United Offensive.
    The point is if someone says COD5 right now you know what they're talking about and arguing about semantics is fucking stupid

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chase View Post
    The point is if someone says COD5 right now you know what they're talking about and arguing about semantics is fucking stupid
    Not really because they're probably going to make a game that's called COD5 in the future. People called Vice City GTA4 instead of Vice City.

the eagle
    Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, and I'm going to call Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories, Kingdom Hearts 4. Just so people won't argue semantics.

If you're wrong, you're wrong.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Not really because they're probably going to make a game that's called COD5 in the future. People called Vice City GTA4 instead of Vice City.

And when they come out with COD5 people will probably stop calling WAW COD5 I mean is it really that hard to understand?

Quote Originally Posted by MalReynolds View Post
    Yeah, and I'm going to call Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories, Kingdom Hearts 4. Just so people won't argue semantics.

If you're wrong, you're wrong.
    I don't even fucking call it cod5 im just not a drooling idiot and can figure out what a person means when they say cod5 and am also not petulant enough to ever want to correct someone for it

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

And when they come out with COD5 people will probably stop calling WAW COD5 I mean is it really that hard to understand?

I don't even fucking call it cod5 im just not a drooling idiot and can figure out what a person means when they say cod5 and am also not petulant enough to ever want to correct someone for it
    I don't know if you're whining enough for me to get your point.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

warhawk I know you are used to being around middle school girls a lot but not all of us are constantly whining

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

warhawk I know you are used to being around middle school girls a lot but not all of us are constantly whining
    I laughed