Well basically some people already know, but I don't expect everyone to be au fait with my goings on so I'll explain.

I am co-writing and directing a production adapted from a novel by P.G. Wodehouse called Something Fresh, which is the first of his Blandings novels. (Blandings was his most successful and highest regarded series after the Jeeves series. I am doing Something Fresh and not a Jeeves story because the brilliance of the Jeeves stories was the narration by Bertie Wooster, which can't be -- but has been attempted at being -- captured dramatically.) It's a cute, fun, light-hearted character comedy.

Something Fresh is the story of two young writers, Ashe Marson and Joan Valentine, who find themselves bored with their dreary, lower class London existence and become embroiled in a scheme to return a valuable curio to its wealthy American owner. The large cash reward forces them into a position of rivalry, but in this kind of story, rivalry doesn't get in the way of a good romance.

A point of some pride and happiness for me is the strong female presence of Joan, who galvanises her male rival in the first place, and then won't accept his masculine condescension even when it would make winning easier.

Basically why I'm posting this is that there are a few of you out there whose discerning eye I could use. I won't ask you guys to read and review what is currently our second draft, but this way, those of you who are interested to do so can let me know, and those of you who aren't don't need to worry about hurting my feelings and saying no thanks!

Just post UIH or send me a PM if you're interested in giving it a scan and me some feedback. And don't worry if you haven't read the book, because most of our audience sure won't've.