Thread: 14 year old political pundit

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default 14 year old political pundit

Another homeschooler.

Edit: WTF? Does the [youtube] tag not work anymore? Anyway here
    Last edited by Cryptic; 03-09-2009 at 01:18 PM.

Credits
    Trophies
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That guy is a cunt.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, even his mom thinks so. I'll post the link later if I can find the article again, but she says that he "doesn't relate very well to kids his own age" and that it "takes a while for people to figure him out" or something like that.

If I ever (god forbid) have kids, they are NEVER, EVER getting homeschooled. In fact, they'll be lucky if I even let them in the house and am not forcing them out the door for age-appropriate interactions 24-7

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

He sounds like Ernie from Sesame Street

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Will be beaten to death at his own 16th birthday party, I can see it coming.

Credits
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptic View Post
    Yeah, even his mom thinks so. I'll post the link later if I can find the article again, but she says that he "doesn't relate very well to kids his own age" and that it "takes a while for people to figure him out" or something like that.

If I ever (god forbid) have kids, they are NEVER, EVER getting homeschooled. In fact, they'll be lucky if I even let them in the house and am not forcing them out the door for age-appropriate interactions 24-7
    that's such an awesomely healthy thing to say

Credits
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

also only one of his four principles of conservatism is actually morally sound (personal responsibility) (fuck the constitution)

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Lol. Yea, his principles are shakey.

Respect for life is such a vague term, his ilk like to use it to try and create a moral highground over people who support the right for a woman to choose abortion. Implying pro choice people don't have respect for life, but it isn't as clear cut as that.

Respect for the constitution is also a bit shakey I think. It is a very old document and needs to be able to change with the times. I worry that his "respect" for it would impede any alterations required.

I don't like it when conservatives say "the people". The number one rule of conservatism is fuck the people. Fuck anyone who isn't me. Conservatives don't care about others, with the possible exception of close friends and family, they are not concerned with wider interests or the wellbeing of others. Pisses me off when they refer to "the people", as it implies that they might care about "the people" when we all know they don't give a fuck.

He also sounds like a girl. I'd like to say he would die a virgin, but he probably will see more tail than I ever will.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sounds like W.

I agree with beating him to death

Wait... this kid wrote a fucking book? Fucking conservatives...

a wheel within a wheel never ending nor beginning on an ever spinning reel
    Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hey, his political views aren't fashionable, and I don't back the "principles" he espouses, particularly the manner in which the Republican party tends to operationalise them in policy; but hell, purely as a politically enthused kid and orator, I have to say, I think that he's pretty cool.
    Last edited by Think; 03-10-2009 at 07:34 PM.

Scito Te Ipsum TheOriginalGrumpySpy's Avatar
    I am not a citizen of Athens or of Greece but of the world.
    Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I will give the kid that he spoke well for a 14 year old. But he spoke the same political banter.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Think View Post
    Hey, his political views aren't fashionable, and I don't back the "principles" he espouses, particularly the manner in which the Republican party tends to operationalise them in policy; but hell, purely as a politically enthused kid and orator, I have to say, I think that he's pretty cool.
    is operationalise a word?

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well he's smarter then me.

Why so delirious?
    Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gismo View Post
    I don't like it when conservatives say "the people". The number one rule of conservatism is fuck the people. Fuck anyone who isn't me. Conservatives don't care about others, with the possible exception of close friends and family, they are not concerned with wider interests or the wellbeing of others. Pisses me off when they refer to "the people", as it implies that they might care about "the people" when we all know they don't give a fuck.
    What makes you think this? Most people try to do what they think is best for the world. Some people just don't see the big picture. Many people go with what feels right, and let their emotions cloud their reason. Both sides are guilty of this in many ways. Neither side's purpose, however, is to say "screw the people." I'm not sure I can buy that you even believe what you said, but if you do, then I suggest you take a bit of time to understand their viewpoint and where they're coming from.

As far as the kid goes, he seems smart enough but hasn't yet reached a very high level of maturity. His voice inflection automatically makes you want to dislike him, so someone saying the exact same things in a different way would get a lot more respect from those who don't already agree with him. Starting off by acting superior to people who disagree and saying it in a way that's like "if you don't already agree with me, and if you haven't figured this out on your own, then you're a complete idiot," isn't helpful in trying to persuade people (even if you are absolutely right, and I'm not saying this kid is).