Thread: Umf, umf, oh yeah, oh yeah....uuuuuuuuPUZZLEQUESTONIPHONEaAAAAAAAHaaaauu uuuuhhuffhuff

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Umf, umf, oh yeah, oh yeah....uuuuuuuuPUZZLEQUESTONIPHONEaAAAAAAAHaaaauu uuuuhhuffhuff

It's been released, and includes the Plague Lord expansion pack for those of us who didn't enjoy the original on the 360 (that means new classes! OH GOD YES). Though only Chapters 1 and 2 have been released thus far, that's 2/3 of the game and a huge amount of gameplay that'll keep you going well into after they release the last chapter (apparently included in the price for Chapters 1 & 2). I can't wait to see if the port of this game was successful.

EDIT: Just started with the "Practice Dummy" quest... HOLY FUCK DAT IZ DIE PUZZLENQUEST! There are complaints in the App Store that text is unreadable and graphics quality is poor, but these problems seem to have been completely cleared up! If you haven't played PQ yet, this is the cheapest port probably available, and it's the whole experience, on the iPhone to boot! Incredible!
    Last edited by sycld; 03-10-2009 at 09:08 AM.

PANDAS
    If you don't like them, then get the fuck out.

Quote Originally Posted by Think View Post
    Atheists are quite right

the eagle
    Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have the original PQ on PC, PS3, and DS. I fully approve this.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well, the port is not perfect. For example, the graphics, for obvious reasons, have been squished in parts, and there are ways that this could be compensated for that have not been implemented. For example, during battle, you have to click on the squished little portrait to see the player or monster's stats and equipment in a pop-up window. There's a large empty area in this window that would perfectly accommodate a blown up portrait,

However, the developers at TransGaming have promised improvements and bug fixes in future updates. Already the game has been vastly improved over the initial release, and I received a positive response from TransGaming to an email of suggestions I sent them. It's only $7.99, and even at the game's current state it's well worth the price, especially if you haven't yet played PQ.

PANDAS

Atheists are quite right

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Let me just add that at this point, this is basically the only game I play on a regular basis on my iPhone. It's just as addictive there as it is on the PC.

PANDAS

Atheists are quite right

Merry fucking Christmas Atmosfear's Avatar
    Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Um it was really short and repetitive and while it killed a good couple days, I have no desire to replay it. Too often did I feel that the drops were just dicking me in the ass and weren't particularly random (I had a computer do 50 points of damage in a single turn without any Extra Turn or spells... just lots of dropping skulls and +5 skulls.)

It's just too easy to develop a dominant strategy that rarely has to be adjusted based on your opponent's ability. Maybe knights are just broken, but even when I faced green or red mana nerfers, I could still create damage playing defensively and using purples sweeps.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I don't see how Orions or Fieldrunners is any less "repetitive."

Also, to be fair, opponents at the beginning tend to be very easy. It takes a short while to get to the more challenging parts of the game.

PANDAS

Atheists are quite right

Merry fucking Christmas Atmosfear's Avatar
    Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Orions has difficulty settings and multiplayer.

All TDs are repetitive the fun is defeating the system

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Atmosfear View Post
    Orions has difficulty settings and multiplayer.

All TDs are repetitive the fun is defeating the system
    Err... okay, well the replayability comes from the different classes you have access to as well as the tons of side quests available and types of opponents you face.

I'm disappointed that the multiplayer mode available in the other ports of PQ wasn't implemented in the iPhone version (at least not yet.)

Also, I just started on the Plague Lord expansion quests (which I didn't have access to on the PC port of PQ), and I have to say that I am quite impressed with their difficulty. The opponents are much more difficult, and I wish that they would have released another expanssion or two like this one.

PANDAS

Atheists are quite right