Thread: Thom Yorke (of Radiohead) to Remix DOOM!!!!!!!!!

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Thom Yorke (of Radiohead) to Remix DOOM!!!!!!!!!

All you hip-hop haters get a load of this.

Quote Originally Posted by pitchfork
    The enigmatic underground rap icon DOOM (who, as we reported last month, just dropped the "MF" from his name) wears a clunky metal mask. That mask is a big part of DOOM's mythology, and it links him with his namesake, the greatest villain in the history of his beloved Marvel Comics. But it's also had a smaller, more practical side effect: It's allowed DOOM to walk down the street without being recognized.

I can only imagine that Radiohead frontman Thom Yorke wishes he'd thought up that trick first.

In any case, Yorke is a fan of DOOM, since he's remixing the guy. (He also included "Meat Grinder", a song from the DOOM/Madlib collaboration Madvillain, on his Grammy poster.) Later this month, DOOM will drop his long-awaited comeback album BORN LIKE THIS. Yorke's worked his magic on "Gazzillion Ear", one of the songs from the album, and people who buy BORN LIKE THIS on iTunes will get the song as an iTunes-only bonus track. This could be pretty awesome, and it'll be even better if it convinces Yorke to dip his toe into rap beatmaking more often. I, for one, would love nothing more than to see Thom Yorke become the next Just Blaze.

Lex will release the BORN LIKE THIS on March 24. Even without that Yorke remix, it's shaping up really well so far, so mark your calendars.
    http://pitchfork.com/news/34799-thom...to-remix-doom/

DOOM is in my top 10 hiphop artists, ever since I heard dangerdoom in 2005. Madvillainy was the album I posted in the thread, "Albums you must listen to before you die" and I guess Thom agrees with me.

I can't wait for March 24!!

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Whoa, thanks for putting me onto Doom. Can't wait for the new album, wish the Ghostface callabo would speed up.