Thread: Trouble with eyesight?

can't post; too scared Anonymous's Avatar
    Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Trouble with eyesight?

Hey, so a while ago now, about a month or so ive been noticing that my eyes were having a hard time focusing on things, thats not to say that everything is blurry, but imagine when you make yourself go cross eyed, its kind of like that. I went to see the optician as I hadnt had my eyes tested in a while and he said everything was fine, that my eyesight was better than most people's and that "its all in my head".

So I was wondering what could be causing this? as far as I can tell my diet hasnt changed though im drinking a lot more water than I was before, Im always staring at my laptop and the T.V for too long of course but in the past few months ive cut that down a bit. Ive also been off and on antidepressents for a while and ill be seeing a doctor soon to see if that can cause it, but I have been for a while and ive not experiencing this.

Will sound completely stupid but I feel as if I can see fine but theres a shield in front of my eyes that stops me processing what im seeing.

cheers.

Credits
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

As far as I know, there aren't any antidepressants that'll cause eyesight problems. As far as I know.

If you're having eyesight problems and all your optometrist (do you call them opticians in the States?) told you is that it's "all in your head", your optometrist is crap. I would see another one.

Strangle Hazard thank mr skeltal's Avatar
    Credits
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

See another eye doctor. Before I got glasses, my vision was ok but stuff was a bit blurry. I can't see crap any more without my glasses, you will get a huge improvement with them you never realized was possible.

Credits
    Trophies
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Spoiler

I agree with Gwahir. Get a second opinion from a medical professional. Although if it's not technically your eyesight that's bad then it could be something else which your actual doctor could help you with so definitely bring it up in detail when you see him/her.

Credits
    Trophies
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Scarf View Post
    See another eye doctor. Before I got glasses, my vision was ok but stuff was a bit blurry. I can't see crap any more without my glasses, you will get a huge improvement with them you never realized was possible.
    I haven't had glasses for about 5 years. I need them, technically, and if I were to learn to drive I'm pretty sure I'd have to get them first but my eyesight feels much better now after not using glasses for a long time than it did when I did use them but had them off.

Although the only reason I haven't used any in so long is because I lost them and never went back to replace them or get a check up or anything. I might get some soon though because my face is getting a little boring and glasses might add a little style.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Vision can (and usually does) get worse over time. I agree, go get a second opinion.

silly girl
    Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

could be your brain instead of your eyes

hotter than a $2 pistol gorefinger's Avatar
    Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

High or irregular blood pressure can affect your vision.

Credits
    Trophies
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What Illicit drugs, if any, do you use? I've noticed after my extensive run with psychedelics my eyes were worse, but I'm also one of those diabetics that don't take care of their self so that's another reason my eyes are such shit.
    lik dis if u cry evertim
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. E View Post
    yes
    Quote Originally Posted by KT. View Post
    Oh I was expecting a guide to making meth