Thread: SWAT 4

Credits
    Trophies
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default SWAT 4

Anyone play this game back when it came out? I missed it somehow and just now got it. I like it alot. I love the organized swat process, although it can be annoying with sometimes stupid AI. I am pissed off at the moment because I keep failing this one level, it is the one right after the crazy cult group and the hospital, some broken down projects with Russian arms dealers or something.

I cleared the entire level but I still had not found the undercover cop, the noted suspect to neutralize and possibly more hostiles, this means they have moved to a room I have since cleared. So I begin the tedious process of re-clearing every room on the 2nd floor, and then the first, and the outside. Naturally they are in the last possible place, the room where they set up cans to shoot at to test the guns, which is the very first thing I checked this time around.

So I have the squad flashbang the room and we shoot & kill the noted suspect because he took aim at me, and handcuff the undercover cop. But the mission didn't end there. The only thing left is "bring order to chaos" which means some random bad guys are still somewhere. So I use my electronic mirror thing and there are THREE hostiles in the little room in that area behind the door. I can't remember if it is a closet or a restroom. So I command them to C4 bang the door and I have a sting grenade ready to throw in. The C4 blast incapacitates one, then the stinger gets the 2nd to get down on his knees in surrender. There is still 1 guy left behind the open door.

Now if I was smart, I would have commanded the squad flashbang & clear it themselves. Because if one or two of them died, I would still have gotten past the level.

Instead I flashbang it myself, run in, and get shot in the face and die. It takes like 30 minutes to properly & safely clear a level like that, and I didn't have the patience to try it again at that time. Oh well, just wanted to vent. Have you guys had any experience with this game?
    Quote Originally Posted by DickStivers View Post
    I hope I haven't missed my chance to join MrTroy 4 Life
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. E View Post
    I blame Obama. That nigger.
    Quote Originally Posted by benzss View Post
    when mrtroy makes a valid point about your posting, you should probably kill yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by djwolford View Post
    This site was always meant to end with a gay gangbang. It's destiny.
    Quote Originally Posted by ozzy View Post
    I don't consider myself a racist, but I fucking hate niggers.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTroy View Post
    Gwahir and I have this little ongoing tiff. He seems to have that with a number of people who think he is a pretentious faggot.
    Quote Originally Posted by hydro View Post
    I'd rather fuck a child

God That Smelled Good linkinkampf19's Avatar
    Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I hear ya on that. Swat 4 was a great game, one I still have saved on my external drive if I feel like being more orderly against any opposition. Sometimes it just feels better when you know you can take out an enemy beyond blasting his brains to pieces. Now only to figure out when the next game in the series will be made. Almost along the same lines as how Mechwarrior probably will never get a proper sequel.

Oh, and the stinger 'nades were awesome. Was it just me, or did anyone else tend to try and use non-lethal force even on the toughest of levels? I almost always used rubber slugs and the like when up against anyone.
    Raidmax Smilodon - ASUS M2N-E - AMD Athlon X2 5200+ @2.6Ghz - EVGA GTX260 896MB - Corsair 450VX
    Audigy2 ZS - Medusa 5.1 Headphones - Logitech x530 - Logitech G5 - Logitech Classic Keyboard
    320GB Seagate SATA (Primary) - 640GB WD Black (Storage) - Lite-On LH-20AIL

Credits
    Trophies
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I need to, because several hostiles take shots at you in the later levels, and if you use lethal bullets to protect yourself you end up arresting like 3 out of 18 people.
    Quote Originally Posted by DickStivers View Post
    I hope I haven't missed my chance to join MrTroy 4 Life
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. E View Post
    I blame Obama. That nigger.
    Quote Originally Posted by benzss View Post
    when mrtroy makes a valid point about your posting, you should probably kill yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by djwolford View Post
    This site was always meant to end with a gay gangbang. It's destiny.
    Quote Originally Posted by ozzy View Post
    I don't consider myself a racist, but I fucking hate niggers.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTroy View Post
    Gwahir and I have this little ongoing tiff. He seems to have that with a number of people who think he is a pretentious faggot.
    Quote Originally Posted by hydro View Post
    I'd rather fuck a child